What Equipment is everyone using on Lone Oak Farm

Attack Wave

Re: What Equipment is everyone using on Lone Oak Farm

Post by Attack Wave »

Love the map, love the fact that there are not many fences around the main fields, which I bought and merged together.

When I’ve finished making the fields on the south to the west of the map as one huge field, then I’ll start planting them.
PS4 Gamer. Currently Playing in the Yukon whilst back to Gold Mining.

PS4: Karatekid_30

Go pro or go home *thumbsup*
W1der

Post by W1der »

Wow, that will be a huge field!
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

First off, what a great map!
I started by selling off most of the starting equipment, took a while driving those harvesters back to the store mind :lol:
Then I found all the nuggets and started spending. I've gone for a two farm approach with a small-holding style at the sheep farm using the farming classics kit for grass cutting and baling with a Bobcat for general work round the yard. Will probably expand this farm later to include a few nearby crop fields too.
I've gone for a Case magnum cvx tractor and 9230 harvester at the main farm. I wanted to try the Lely kit so have their mowers, tedder, windrower and loading wagon for filling the silage clamp by mowing the two large grass fields in anticipation of buying some cows later.
With a few other purchases to help harvest the starting wheat field I've got a little money left but the plan now is to do some contracts to build the funds up for a great plains seeder purchase and some additional crop storage is definitely needed so thinking a couple of the small silo's from black sheep modding.
chaskuchar1

Post by chaskuchar1 »

is the tree on field 43? son was playing it and now I am starting with some of the classics and mf equipment. be doing sheep and cows. chas

I think it is on field 49. hats thw top of thw hill. playing still day 1. no leaves on trees. chas
60 acres with center pivot. jmj
playing fs22 on pc, hard mode
fcdrifter13

Post by fcdrifter13 »

I got my new (old) case today and I am quite happy so far. Making room for my second made field and clearing the grass for a third. Working hard to get the rep and money for field 22 and 23 so I can open up the sheep farm for myself. I am having baler/tractor problems. The Welger and balers like it attach to the bar and dontwant to turn so ive had to change out and back to the 24t baler and a cart for its bales. Im hoping to buy my first cabbed tractor in a few days time.
Survival Start of The Calm Lands. Currently have built homes for our workers, so we actually get workers.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... H-DmlmlDQT
Farmer216

Post by Farmer216 »

@chaskuchar1 ~ The tree is on field 49.
I bought field 49 so that it was part of MY farm.

Anyone notice the property cost is VERY attainable?
I play on Xbox3 (Which they called the "One" for some reason)
Addicted to Farm Sim since: 6-26-2k17
FS17@ 5,336hrs ~ FS19@ 3377hrs (updated 2.18.21)
fcdrifter13

Post by fcdrifter13 »

Farmer216 wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:37 am @chaskuchar1 ~ The tree is on field 49.
I bought field 49 so that it was part of MY farm.

Anyone notice the property cost is VERY attainable?
Honestly I just got done with a session and had a drive around. Field 17 is only like 37k or something like that. A little on the low side i think.
Survival Start of The Calm Lands. Currently have built homes for our workers, so we actually get workers.
clarkrcc55

Post by clarkrcc55 »

I've been using my favorite workhorse a Steiger Tiger, a JD 6210, a 2wd JD 8000 series and then a Mack R688 with Wilson trailers.
Ps4 player
Billings, Montana.
chaskuchar1

Post by chaskuchar1 »

does anyone else have questions on livestock prices? it changed the first to second day. then it has froxen there, always the same. I am on day 2 of fall, three day seasons. chas
60 acres with center pivot. jmj
playing fs22 on pc, hard mode
Coltar452017

Post by Coltar452017 »

New Holland case does anyone know where to take sugar beets to be sold
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

Coltar452017 wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:01 pm New Holland case does anyone know where to take sugar beets to be sold
There's a sell point for beets and potatoes at the bottom right corner of the map.
Coltar452017

Post by Coltar452017 »

Thanks Ritchie
ace54858

Post by ace54858 »

chaskuchar1 wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:25 pm does anyone else have questions on livestock prices? it changed the first to second day. then it has froxen there, always the same. I am on day 2 of fall, three day seasons. chas
well a bit more info would be helpful as how do you mean by changed like sell price, buy price.
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

Too all our American friends across the pond ( happy Independence Day BTW ) what other brands are used in the USA...please forgive my ignorance. I’m trying to stay with realistic equipment on my Lone Oak Farm
fcdrifter13

Post by fcdrifter13 »

Patrick73 wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:48 pm Too all our American friends across the pond ( happy Independence Day BTW ) what other brands are used in the USA...please forgive my ignorance. I’m trying to stay with realistic equipment on my Lone Oak Farm
I believe equipment varies on where in the US you are working. Around south Dakota we have a lot of different brands. Wilson, JD, Massey, Case, Claas, Timpte, Krone, Challenger, implements are just as varied, but I am not good at spotting them I see a lot of Kinze and Brent augers, and almost all of the Front loader attachments are made by miller.