Gaming Laptop for FS 17/ 19

Attack Wave

Gaming Laptop for FS 17/ 19

Post by Attack Wave »

Right then, at the moment, I’m playing on my PS4 Pro for FS 17, however I’m looking more for a decent gaming laptop for a change, mainly because PC users have a far greater selection of mods, so any of you that use a laptop, can you please educate me on one that’s pretty decent to handle the game..?

Cheers!
PS4 Gamer. Currently Playing in the Yukon whilst back to Gold Mining.

PS4: Karatekid_30

Go pro or go home *thumbsup*
eric21

Re: Gaming Laptop for FS 17/ 19

Post by eric21 »

I'd wait until the specs come out for fs19 if I were you. With mods it could be the same with fs17 or change in fs19
Guitarman

Post by Guitarman »

I recommend getting a desktop if it's possible. If the primary use is for gaming laptops struggle alot more. See my specs below, I run on custom low settings, and probably won't be able to run fs19. Runs well on enough on that but restricts mods usage and general looks.

And I totally agree with waiting for the specs to be released.
Optimist: Glass is half full
Pessimist: Glass is half empty

Engineer: The glass is twice the size it needs to be!

PC Specs (upgraded at last!): Acer Orion 3000; i5-8400, 8Gb Ram, GTX 1050ti, Intel Optane 16gb
W1der

Post by W1der »

You might wanna take a look at this topic.
viewtopic.php?f=893&t=125582
Lots of questions and good answers!
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
empato

Post by empato »

I can recommend the Asus ROG Series. Really good gaming Laptops with enough speed and power to play on (very) high settings.
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Dell Inspiron i5 5577 would work, or something with similar specs for a really good price. I ordered a ACER Nitro 5 recently to replace my desktop since it broke and I'm gonna fix it then sell it.
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
Case1370

Post by Case1370 »

Attack Wave wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:04 am Right then, at the moment, I’m playing on my PS4 Pro for FS 17, however I’m looking more for a decent gaming laptop for a change, mainly because PC users have a far greater selection of mods, so any of you that use a laptop, can you please educate me on one that’s pretty decent to handle the game..?

Cheers!
As Eric said, you may want to wait till FS19 comes out, before buying a gaming laptop. I have a gaming laptop, and I have been very happy with it, probably had it for 5 yrs or so. I dont know really know anything about PC's, but my wife got it for me at Best Buy, and at the time it was the most powerful one they sold, or so they told here that anyway,lol. Its a ASUS, and it has a GEFORCE GTX 860m NVIDIA, which I assume is the graphics card. I have no idea how to check frame rates, but I dont really have much issues with FS17, and I have a lot of mods downloaded. I am careful to not download from sites I know nothing about. I basically stay with the in game modhub for my mods. But FS-UK is also a good site that I will use, and I havent had issues with American Eagle modding site.

My PC was I think like 1600$, so they arent cheap, and I have heard you can get a desk top cheaper, and you can beef up desk top PC's where as you cant beef up gaming laptops much to add power. My wifes cousin did do something, like turn on all my processors, as he said they dont come that way out of the box, so it did seem to boost my power, but also drains the battery much quicker,lol.

Main reason I like the laptop is if I go down to see family I can take my laptop with me. So its basically convenience is why I prefer the laptop. Although if FS19 requires more power, I may have to go with a desk top PC, as I sure the heck cant afford to buy a new gaming laptop. Its that or stay with FS17 till I can afford a new laptop, which may be what I do anyway, depending on how improved the realism aspect is with FS19, if the game hasnt improved a lot realism wise, I wont be buying it, anyway.

I am able to run my PC on the very high setting, and while courseplay will occasionally lag on me, and in rare cases it has crashed the game engine. Outside of that, I can say Im very happy with my laptop playing this game. Now I only play FS17 and OOTP baseball, so I dont have a bunch of games taking up memory space, so that could be why I get along just fine with my PC. So if your a big gamer and play a lot of games, a desk top probably would make the most sense, but if its basically just for Farm simulator, a laptop would probably be just fine.
Again I am no PC expert, actually Im probably the most incompetent person you would ever meet when it comes to PC's,lol, so I take what I have said with a grain of salt :lol:
W1der

Post by W1der »

The developers "specs" for a game usually only tells you the "minimum requirement" ...
Personally I would not want to play any game at "minimum".

I googled FS17 Benchmark and found this ...
https://www.notebookcheck.net/Farming-S ... 368.0.html

However ... the way they bench marked the game says nothing on how the performance is when you played a savegame for 100 hours and filled it up with vehicles, tools and bales etc ...
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5