Starting Seasons on Existing game?

CMDRTAKEDOWN

Re: Starting Seasons on Existing game?

Post by CMDRTAKEDOWN »

Don't have to harvest everything before hand. Once you start with seasons there is an option to keep the growth state. Just be aware though once it hits midnight it will start the sync to the harvest state across the map.
PS4
PS5
TallPaul003

Post by TallPaul003 »

It does, but everyone I've spoken to and the map modders highly recommended against doing that as it has more of a risk of corrupting your save game. A lot more peace of mind just to harvest beforehand
FS17 on XBone
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I know this has been talked about before but I can't remember; what if you switch GEOs in an existing save?
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Earnest Pea

Post by Earnest Pea »

I remember seeing that if you switch GEOs, its best to do it during winter when it will have the least effect on your game.
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

Yup, it shouldn't break it, but if planting windows for your crops change, they could die =)
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

Well so far so good. I took the advice to harvest all fields before loading seasons and it all seems to be working fine *thumbsup*
I've moved all my equipment back to the main farm and planted up a couple of the smaller fields behind the cows/sheep and got several of the bigger fields near the pig farm ready for planting up too. Planning on plenty of hay and silage work to get the farm ready for some livestock when I've sold the first harvest.