Giants, Giants are driving your machines. Please make the driver avatar smaller.

Skunkworks

Giants, Giants are driving your machines. Please make the driver avatar smaller.

Post by Skunkworks »

Hello

there is one completely superficial thing that has bugged me through the versions of Farming Simulator. The size of your driver avatar is oversized...like a Giant or basketball player sitting in the cab.

Take a look at pictures of tractors and combines etc and see how much space is available around the driver. In the game the driver model is almost touching the roof. This should not be the case in modern tractor cabs. It also affects On particular bad example is when you get in the New Holland T8. It also affects visibility as the models eye level reflects the view in 1st person. You are blocked by part of the front roof top with the few out of the cab.

In my humble opinion the driver model should be about 15 - 20% smaller. It seems that the eye level view in cab is related to the model itself and I find it is way to high in the cab.

Giants, please you make such amazing 3d machinery models but seeing them driven by a person that is crammed in the cab just looks silly.

I hope this can be address in FS19.

Otherwise, please tell me how to mod the driver smaller, because it looks like it is 1 per machine, meaning you will need to do it for all the machine and not only once? Hopefully there is an easy way to address this, at least for me. Every time and update comes out the default machines will be reverted to default settings again.
Last edited by Skunkworks on Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RODHA

Re: Giants, Giants are driving your machines. Please make the driver avatar smaller your machines.

Post by RODHA »

Wow. From all the issues that have been discussed in this forum we came to this :biggrin2:
Please don't get me wrong. This is absolutely not a criticism. It is just amazing to see how many different things people are expecting from this game. The range goes from this to better AI workers.
Unless Giants build up their own real farm and sell us tickets to farm in there, they won't be able to keep all of us happy :mrgreen:
Again, no offence please. This is just an observation and believe my I'm also in that list of requesting players :coolnew:
Cheers :hi:
PS5 / FS22
Skunkworks

Re: Giants, Giants are driving your machines. Please make the driver avatar smaller.

Post by Skunkworks »

no offence taken :)...I have a list of other topics that are more "urgent" which will/is listed separately. But I do oggle over the machines and it just bothers me that is all.
Last edited by Skunkworks on Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RODHA

Re: Giants, Giants are driving your machines. Please make the driver avatar smaller.

Post by RODHA »

I have no doubt that it bothers. I think these things happen because we spend too much time on the game and become aware of the smallest details and they start to haunt us.
After 2500+ hrs I sillt can't answer this question though. Why on earth is this game so addictive? :biggrin2:
I feel like I'm compelled to play it :mrgreen:
PS5 / FS22
Maze313

Post by Maze313 »

RODHA wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:10 pm I have no doubt that it bothers. I think these things happen because we spend too much time on the game and become aware of the smallest details and they start to haunt us.
After 2500+ hrs I sillt can't answer this question though. Why on earth is this game so addictive? :biggrin2:
I feel like I'm compelled to play it :mrgreen:
Feel same way Rodha been playing every single day since I got the game
Playing on PS5 and PC
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

It's a labor of love man. Why is it that some tasks are almost annoying (spraying is one that comes to mind for me, wrapping bales is up there too) but I can't get enough of it?

Anyway... I have honestly never paid attention to the size of the avatar. I certainly hope they improve some aspects of your character though. Maybe a 3rd person view, hand interactions with objects and tools, ability to change outfits depending on weather (yes, I'm hoping for winter), etc... I don't want it to be GTA or anything, but these are things that would help the experience in my opinion.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
W1der

Post by W1der »

Actually ... this can be one of the reasons that I do not really get that sensation of driving really large machinery when playing this game.

It would also be nice to manually be able to adjust the seat (camera) and / or more possibilities to adjust the "viewing angle" / move the driver around in the cab.
Playing in cab view is really growing on me ... but as the camera is "fixed" there are some limitations to playing the game this way.
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
BigNRichlll

Post by BigNRichlll »

It's offense, not offence, guys. And it's way too polite in here, so if it takes a grammar nazi to bring some hostility up in here, so be it.
I make jokes that others don't get.
markare

Post by markare »

There is no difference in meaning between offence and offense. They're exactly the same in all their definitions. The difference is that offense is the preferred spelling in American English, while offence is preferred in British, Indian, Canadian, and Australian English.
Only for Americans is it offense. Everywhere else its offence. Anyway back on topic.

The camera angle inside the cab and even when you are walking about is an issue but it isn't what I would say exactly game breaking. Stand next to a wheel and you will see the difference. Little tweaks here and there could help.
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Actually, both offense and offence are correct spellings.

Don't get offensed! :lol:

Edit: looks like I was beat to it.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
W1der

Post by W1der »

GIANTS seems pretty good at 3D modeling ... so this is probably a 5min fix for them ... but as mentioned before ... this "issue" has not been a big thing (until now) ...
I have hopes for FS19 regarding this ... :)
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Sir Ironoak

Post by Sir Ironoak »

I love this kind of sence of detail. It's exactly this kind of little thing that in the end makes better and better! =)
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

Having driven a case 310 magnum which is basically the same as the t.8 I’d say the models might need a slight shrink but not by much I think they’re fairly accurate to real life than again I’m considered a somewhat tall guy
fcdrifter13

Post by fcdrifter13 »

I brought this up in my thread about scale, it just feels off. I hope we see the same camera controls like ETS2 and ATS have as it is really good and gives off the correct impression of scale in the cab.
Survival Start of The Calm Lands. Currently have built homes for our workers, so we actually get workers.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... H-DmlmlDQT
Skunkworks

Post by Skunkworks »

Now I just need those +1's from you all :biggrin2: *thumbsup* :zunge: