Giants, Giants are driving your machines. Please make the driver avatar smaller.

BigC92

Re: Giants, Giants are driving your machines. Please make the driver avatar smaller.

Post by BigC92 »

RODHA wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:07 pm May be instead of focusing to fit everything in one map, they can try to divide different purposes into multiple maps.
I think thats the plan for FS19.
I know exactly where your coming from, they should add features that their making now and fine tune the ones that are there, and design a whole new features but put them in "beta" stage if you will, designed for a certain map, and for the modded maps, they can combine features in certain areas of the map, or separate maps. Im opened minded to try different things. In a sense, i think thats what they did for fs15, you know choose your color for certain tractors and equipment, but sense it worked, they added it to fs17, and added more colors to the selection.
Cardos

Re: Giants, Giants are driving your machines. Please make the driver avatar smaller.

Post by Cardos »

fcdrifter13 wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:20 pm I brought this up in my thread about scale, it just feels off. I hope we see the same camera controls like ETS2 and ATS have as it is really good and gives off the correct impression of scale in the cab.
I'd love to see camera adjustments like this, also allow mirrors to be adjusted. At the moment, if I know I'll be using 'in cab' view a lot I steer away from some tractors as most of the screen real estate is consumed by the roof, New Holland T8 is a good example.
Old-an-Slow

Post by Old-an-Slow »

The scale is definitely off but it feels like an ease of use decision by Giants rather than a mistake. In cab view might be useless if scale was exact and ease of use is always better than strict realism, for fun's sake.

Options are great however and being able to adjust things like that would be a good thing for those that want it.
Farming on PS5
1992Tadej1992

Post by 1992Tadej1992 »

Maybe he is a retired basketball player.
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

Skunkworks wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:48 pm ... On particular bad example is when you get in the New Holland T8. It also affects visibility as the models eye level reflects the view in 1st person. You are blocked by part of the front roof top with the few out of the cab....
Maybe ... it's a feature and not a bug ...

Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, Xbox One
FS17 Platinum > FS19 Premium > FS15 Complete > FS22
Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR
W1der

Post by W1der »

I am seriously thinking about getting me the trackir5 ... but I am not thrilled about having to wear "that thing" when playing.
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Skunkworks

Post by Skunkworks »

ltl.vamp wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:14 pm
Skunkworks wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:48 pm ... On particular bad example is when you get in the New Holland T8. It also affects visibility as the models eye level reflects the view in 1st person. You are blocked by part of the front roof top with the few out of the cab....
Maybe ... it's a feature and not a bug ...

That is not a natural view angle unless, that is a picture taken to show cabin. But I agree it does look like that when sitting in T8 in game.

I think there should be some way to adjust height and overall position in cabin from a view point perspective, other sim games do this so it should not be an issue.

On the avatar, perhaps proving some more templates to choose from, small, medium,are person would also be cool.
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

There was other pictures, I couldn't link here. Pictures with People inside or outside, sitting, driving. The T8 is a monster trac! But it's special T8: you are in a very high position and normaly you look down on the field or street. In the picture, the look to the outside is nearly realistic, only you sit more in front (look at the seat). The downforced roof saves you against sunshine getting in your eyes. (Yes, there is one integrated to pull down)

There are a few maschines, where you feel, your view is too high. Maybe this is wrong or maybe this is realistic. I don't know.

But at the end: I want a feature, too, where you can change the position of the camera (Ingame, not in the main menu!).
Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, Xbox One
FS17 Platinum > FS19 Premium > FS15 Complete > FS22
Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR