John Deere equipment list to be seen in FS 2019

DeereJason

Re: John Deere equipment list to be seen in FS 2019

Post by DeereJason »

I'm not sure why you are mentioning Deere in one sense as a parent company then in another as a brand. I understand how an individual can want a certain brand without concern for the parent company and its other entities. I also understand that requests were mostly for the brand inclusion and not the parent or corporate entity. However, in the case of Deere, it's hard to distinguish what is truly bring requested because they are mostly in in the same.

In regards to exactly how much equipment will be Deere vs not...granted, IMO, "half" of the equipment types could include Deere, but not "half" of the equipment will be Deere.

Tractors, for example, in FS17 had sizes of Massey, 3 of Fendt, 3 of challenger & 3 of Valtra for AGCO. CNH had 4 New Holland, 4 for Case IH and 2 (?) For Steyr. That doesn't include the 2 older models for Case IH and New Holland. Is it just coincidence that AGCO had 4 brands, CNH had 3 brands, and they both had 12 tractor sizes? By comparison, Deere wouldnt come close to that...probably 7...8 at most. And that includes 4-5 basic sizes but also tracked options.

It's not as though Deere is coming in and fewer other items will be included from other brands. If they are, I highly doubt it will be because of Deere. As far as Giants being accused if selling out, that ship has long since sailed. The naysayers may be few, but they tend to voice their opinions the most. In regards to the percentage of players getting what they want, that depends on the person. Who's to say what their preference is? Not everyone feels the same way or has the same outlook. To a casual 13 year old living in an urban area, they may prefer a variety. To a another from an ag background, they may be more biased.

Yes, tempering expectations is wise but at the same time, to each their own. My expectations are actually a bit reserved...but I highly doubt that it will come down to just "a couple" machines.
cmdrbyron

Post by cmdrbyron »

Your initial argument was that John Deere should be represented commensurate with its status as "parent company" (like AGCO), while I was offering an argument where it may/should be represented as a brand (like Case, Fendt, etc...), hence my use of it in both senses.

Never said JD's presence would be "just a few machines" (apologies if it came across that way). I just don't think it will be as vast as some are hoping for (1-for-1).

Balancing brand representation is probably one of the larger challenges on Giants plate, as no manufacturer is likely supportive of their IP being used as a negative contrast (making someone else's IP look better), nor would simply copy/pasting stats and functionality to different visuals be accepted. So one of the larger questions in this case is "how do you add something to an existing line-up, accepting overlap in functionality, while maintaining diversity/variety, without over-representing any one particular brand?"

At the end of the day, I think we can all agree that FS19 is bringing some exciting new tools to our farms, whatever colour/shape/size they may be :)
FarmingRemasterd

Post by FarmingRemasterd »

yes...when i said what equipment we might see i was looking at all the stuff that kinda matches what we have now to get a rough estimate of what we may see... now for the models... lots of people froget the E series machines... i personally think if we saw any E seres machines at all...(hopefully the 5 series showcases this well) i think the 5075E-5100E would be good choices... now for the 6 famliy... its kinda up in the air cause the first few E and M tractors in the 6 family share hp ratings... its almost a 2 way street tbh the other thing i was going to mention was are we going to see 6 family utility or 6 family Row Crop tractors... if you look on the website the 6 series is listed as a utility and then agan in the bigger row crop tractors.... the main diffrence being size and probibly tire options... this will indeed be interesting to see what giants chooses
Massey Ferguson For Life. If it ain't red, leave it in the shed.
Rules for yall...viewtopic.php?f=893&t=74799
Manure is for the fields...not the forum.
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

Yes, I understand that Giants wants to balance brands...it keeps everyone happy (sort of). One thing that Giants mentioned in regard to that subject is progression. There is also a choice left to the player of which direction he wants to go. One factor that would influence choices is price. It's no secret that Deere is usually more expensive than others. Price points may be more competitive in various parts of the world, but in a North America, it's fairly blunt.

Brand representation can be subtle as well. For instance, the inclusion of gator UTV's or possibly logging.

In the end, mods can change things dramatically. The FS17 game we have now is vastly different than what we saw at release.
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

I see around 10 to 12 total including implements and equipment. Giants made too big of a deal imo to have just a few pieces in the game, they could have waited for the platinum expansion and released them that way if that was the case.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
FarmingRemasterd

i see at least 15-20 peices being released personally... but thats just me... dont froget to factor in the forestry equipment we might get as well.
eight_lugs

Post by eight_lugs »

I’m definitely seeing some JD lawn mowers and weed eaters
FarmingRemasterd

i would love to see some of the compact ytility tractors like the 1-4 series but i doubt we will see them in base game because giants hasnt yet factored in gardens and small operations and stuff... like what im trying to say is that the game is scaled to show like industrial scale farming but a lot of farmers are like hobby farmers and stuff and that isnt shown as much in game
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

I personally see the safe bet of jd equipment being 3-4 tractors with one 4wd and the 8400R being two then two combines (at least one class 9 idk what JD’s numbers are for their combines) then possibly a few seeders and most likely a baler as new holland had one in 17 forestry and sugarcane are wild cards to me as one idk what they offer two don’t usually mess with I’m game the gator is a unique aspect someone mentioned though
FarmingRemasterd

the gator was a pre order deal.... i see like for tractors we get at least a few tractors from each family.... so like a 5075E that gives u options up to the 5100E... same with the 5M and R... i would start the 6 family at around 100 hp and give at least 4 more options on engines going up to 135 for the utilitys and then do at least 2 6 family tractors in the row crop section and then take 3 from the 7s... 8s and 9s are wildcards with the exception of the 8400R... there are like the tracked models and tthe 9rxs and just a lot of pickings once u get into the big dogs
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

My farm isn't complete without a big 4x4 or 2.
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

I'm pretty sure we'll see the 6R, 7R, 8R & 9R. If Deere has at say at all, those would be their choices. They will also likely push for a 9RX, even over the 9RT if it comes to that. The next thing they would push for are combines. The S790 and T670 are the likely choices there. If there is a third smaller option, maybe a W500 series. Third would be forage harvesters. Deere is getting ready to announce the new 9000 series. There is a lot of talk about a 1000 hp plus machine. If the was an implement of choice, it would be a row crop planter. Those are Deere's 4 main calling cards.

I'm a bit doubtful that a 5 series will make it in. If it does, I see something more along the line of a 5125R.
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

I learned some interesting information today. It's not new-news by any means, but Grégoire-Besson makes Deere branded plows for a few markers, including Russia. The Grégoire-Besson SPSL 9, from the Big Bud DLC is sold as the 3910 Deere plow. Not saying this will be in the game, but would be interesting if someone made a re-skinned mod.

There are other company connections that I already knew about, like Deere & Kuhn on some hay equipment, Knerneland making Deere 740A & 750A air seeders, & Sampo Rosenlow making Deere W300 & W400 series combines. Deere also is in agreement to sell Kramer telehandlers thru their European dealers and owns a small stake in the company. Deere dealers in Russia and a couple other countries sell Vaderstad's smaller seeders....but have no corporate influence.
FarmingRemasterd

personally Jason.... referingback to the 5R quote.... i think we might see more 5 Familys than expected....if u think about it it would go into the same class with the NH T5 is or the MF 5700 series tractors the 5M and R series would be perfect tbh fot a small to mid size utility tractor but thats just me tbh... im kinda biased towards the 5s cause i just like them so much... my moms friends husband has a 5085E and thats where i get my 5 family bias from... perfect size to do absolutly anything.
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

FarmingRemasterd wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:22 am personally Jason.... referingback to the 5R quote.... i think we might see more 5 Familys than expected....if u think about it it would go into the same class with the NH T5 is or the MF 5700 series tractors the 5M and R series would be perfect tbh fot a small to mid size utility tractor but thats just me tbh... im kinda biased towards the 5s cause i just like them so much... my moms friends husband has a 5085E and thats where i get my 5 family bias from... perfect size to do absolutly anything.
Unless pure pulling s chisel, lol.

Yes, they are a very versatile tractor. I was trying to be a little reserved in my prediction. Being familiar with Deere, I know they really push the large tractors and lately, the 9RX (and its variations) have been a big deal for them. They do sell far more 5 family tractors than 9 family...BUT the 9R's sell for 8-10 times more.