John Deere equipment list to be seen in FS 2019

fcdrifter13

Re: John Deere equipment list to be seen in FS 2019

Post by fcdrifter13 »

DeereJason wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:09 am
fcdrifter13 wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:55 pm
I think yuo misunderstand, we have no idea just what JD equipment they were offered to add to the game, it may just be one or two tractors, and if you think that giants will make the game unbalanced just because a piece of equipment is green is not the correct way to think about things.
It's going to be more than one or two tractors. There's a big difference between a Deere license and an AGCO or CNH license. Not that they are more privileged or are higher priority, but because of branding. Outside a few small exceptions, Deere is one brand. AGCO is 4 different tractor brands and 3 combine brands...plus several other brands. CNH is 3 tractor brands and 2 major brands.

In the end, it's not so much about brand representation as it is about Parent Company representation.
while you are correct that this is how JD is setup, it does not mean that GIANTS has the license to every piece of equipment. That is the same thing for every company. The JD offerings will not be as grand as everyone thinks
Survival Start of The Calm Lands. Currently have built homes for our workers, so we actually get workers.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... H-DmlmlDQT
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

Well, I'm not sure what everyone thinks. I only know my own opinion...and that is based off what was done in the past. Last year, rhe AGCO offering was about 20 items. The CHM was about 25. Somewhere between that isn't far fetched at all.

Being that this has been long anticipated, I wouldn't out it past Giants to include a lot of items...butbthat is not what I anticipate.

In the end, as few as 5 weeks ago, we still heard some say Deere would NEVER be in the game. At this point, I wouldn't be making any big predictions either way.
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

Gimli54 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:06 am Jd I’ve heard has some good stuff in dirt moving equipment more specifically guys I’ve talked to who worked on dirt moving and leveling crews said they would take JD 9r’s pulling a dirt pan over anything any day so maybe if 3D ground becomes a think we could see that eventually
Yes, Deere does we'll with dirt moving equipment, they aren't as big as Cat or Komatsu, but they do alright. IMO, 3D ground goes hand-in-hand with dynamic ground...which we already know we are not getting.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

By the way you sound Fcdrifter, your saying that we will get 2 or 3 things from JD. But yes JD might have said you know make such and such tractors and equipment, you might be right on that, but im sure we will get a good variety of tractors, combines, and equipment along with it, it would be lame to get JD on fs19 just to make 2 or 3 things, you know? Not yelling at you or anything like that, but it would be ridiculous to make 2 or 3 things from from JD. But its up to Giants as to what we get.
Bungle

Post by Bungle »

Can’t imagine JD have given license for a small amount of equipment. My guess would be that there will be a JD piece of equipment to match wherever there is a Case, NH, Massey, Fendt.
Playing on XBone in Somerset, UK - Typically spending more time on the forum than actually playing the game.
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

I agree...I doubt there will be alot of JD equipment just like NH and IH from previous versions...as usual I'm always hoping I'm wrong
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
Beanbrother

Post by Beanbrother »

Why haven’t we seen any modders make any new Holland or case mods? I’m hoping to see lots of JD Modds in 19. Am I wrong
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Theres one or two New Holland Mods on thr console modhub
Rbk_3

Post by Rbk_3 »

I’m sure Giants had to pay for the licence and they want to get their moneys worth.

I expect a few Tractors and a Combine for sure, then a DLC that is all JD.
PC: 9600k/1080ti
fcdrifter13

Post by fcdrifter13 »

BigC92 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:41 am By the way you sound Fcdrifter, your saying that we will get 2 or 3 things from JD. But yes JD might have said you know make such and such tractors and equipment, you might be right on that, but im sure we will get a good variety of tractors, combines, and equipment along with it, it would be lame to get JD on fs19 just to make 2 or 3 things, you know? Not yelling at you or anything like that, but it would be ridiculous to make 2 or 3 things from from JD. But its up to Giants as to what we get.
Im not trying to sound like I hate JD or anything, it just comes down to game design and the balance of the game. I could see a DB style planter being in because the width and maneuverability but coming in at a high cost compared to other planters. This is how I view things, what does (x) equipment offer in terms of progression, because not only JD but the other brands as well do not want their equipment shown in a bad light. So if JD has a piece and then Horsch has the same thing in that class you either have to make the stats between the two identical from width hp required, cost, and other factors(direct drill and such) so one is not "better" than the other at a given price point and we see a progression in what we get over time and a new player is not confused by so many equipment options.
Survival Start of The Calm Lands. Currently have built homes for our workers, so we actually get workers.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... H-DmlmlDQT
garyst

Post by garyst »

I really hope we see a 12 or 16 row John deere stackfold 3pt. Mounted planter to use for planting cotton, corn, and soybeans. Never seen anyone ever here in the south use a pull type planter for cotton. If not a jd then maybe a great plains or case ih will make its way into fs19.
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

Something that needs to be addressed is what equipment truly capable of, especially tillage.

There are 3 basic types of tillage, primary, secondary and seedbed (or seed prep). Right now, we only see plowing (primary) and cultivation (No identfication). You wouldn't jump into a field with a harrow (seed prep) without a secondary tool. Primary isn't always needed but not all crops are the same either.

The trouble in the game is that there may be a tool that is light and inexpensive but is treated like all the rest. In reality, that tool has a specific purpose and can't do what other tools can do. So, a player will choose a tool that is wide and cheap.

Also, not all if these tillage tools are pulled at a default speed. Yes, manufacturers may claim a certain speed could be used, but in reality, that tool isn't as effective at higher speeds. Or, a true high speed tool isn't capable of the same soil prep as another slower tool.

I understand Giants' reasoning for trying to make people use all brands. However, more should be left to the player to decide as well. In Europe, the major (tractor) manufacturers dont have as much influence on the planting and tillage market. So, there is more brand diversity. In North America, that's just not the case. You could walk onto a farm and see nearly all Case IH or Deere equipment.

We see so many DLC's that don't really add much in terms of new equipment...but maybe an added brand (Kuhn & Ropa). I personally would be open to a reasonable and fair equipment offering in the base game and then a $5-10 brand specific expansion pack. This way all brands are represented equally for all players, but those who want that extra equipment can get it.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Judging by past FS games, whoever is on the box has the most equipment included. FS2011 it was Deutz Fahr, 2013 was CaseIH, 15 was New Holland, and 17 is Agco. I expect to see a good variety of JD equipment in 19. Just like the other brands, ranging from 100-600hp tractors, some medium and large combines, and some tools to match.

Right now there are more New Holland and CaseIH tractors and combines in the base game than any other brand (not parent company, but brand). There's absolutely no reason whatsoever to say they'll only be a couple John Deere tractors. They worked way too hard on getting that license to not use it.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

DeereJason wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:57 pm Something that needs to be addressed is what equipment truly capable of, especially tillage.

There are 3 basic types of tillage,....

want that extra equipment can get it.
Yes absolutely Jason you have nailed it with this assessment. I understand why, from a make-this-as-simple-a-game-to-learn-as-possible perspective, Giants "dumbed down" machinery operations the way they did. From a realism point of view however, having all tillage equipment do the same thing under all conditions is nonsense. I've mentioned before how a tine harrow, pressure harrow, stubble disk, field cultivator, rotary harrow, heavy disk, power harrow, crowfoot packer, Cambridge roll, vibrashank, etc etc etc all accomplishing the very same thing feels just silly.

This also contributes to the flood of simple cultivators as mods often feeling pointless... they all look different and neat and some pull harder than others but they all do exactly the same thing under all conditions so of course it is hard to resist just buying the biggest cheapest one even if in reality that machine wouldn't work at all the way the way it is being used...

I actually sat down one night and came up with a numerical system to represent surface residue, soil cloddiness, and seedbed firmness on a scale from 1-4 each, and classified about eight different types of "tillage" operations each of which had different prerequisites to function and different impacts on each of the soil characteristics. I think I've got it balanced but have no idea how to implement it as a mod :biggrin2: Hopefully Giants has something like this up their sleeve that they will implement as an optional toggle like they do the other settings: "multi-stage tillage" on/off just like "periodic ploughing" on/off. Even a simple differentiation that cultivators, harrows, and packers are not all the same thing would add tremendously to the realism.

Off my soapbox now :lol:
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

I think that's a start. Some tillage tools cans do all stages, but require a lot of power. Many can handle secondary and seedbed prep. Even some planters can handle some.

I think there needs to be a number assigned to the tillage stages then a number or numbers assigned to a certain tool. When choosing a tillage tool or planter, it could say "requires tillage stage 2" (or whichever).

The tricky part is there are a variety of planting options...from full to no till. I think a good way to balance out minimum till and no till is incorporating herbicides. The less you till, the more weed control is needed.

Soil moisture control is another option as is soil temp.