John Deere equipment list to be seen in FS 2019

Gimli54

Re: John Deere equipment list to be seen in FS 2019

Post by Gimli54 »

Yes, Deere does we'll with dirt moving equipment, they aren't as big as Cat or Komatsu, but they do alright. IMO, 3D ground goes hand-in-hand with dynamic ground...which we already know we are not getting.

Didn’t mean to make it sound like we were getting 3D ground I was simply trying to say if we get it in time they’d have stuff included for it
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

DeereJason wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:02 am I think that's a start......
Soil moisture control is another option as is soil temp.
Yes exactly. My crazy system actually includes a score for weed population as well, with different herbicide options at different cropping stages having different numerical effects on that population, as well as different tillage operations having different effects on weeds.

Planting equipment also has different pre-requisites for soil condition in order for it to work... i.e. a zero-till small grains planter can go directly into standing residue, a conventional corn planter will only operate on a clean-till clod-free field.

I haven't worked out the numbers for soil type and moisture level but a similar system could work for both those characteristics. A heavy clay European soil in a moist climate grows more grain, more residue, and turns over in bigger clods, whereas a lighter drier say Northern Great Plains soil does the opposite.

Obviously most of this idea is inspired by the mechanics of the FS15 Soilmod, extended to include different mechanical and tillage processes.

There are so many interesting features that could be added to make it feel like you're creating a real system to work in a real area of the world.

When I win the lottery and have time to teach myself coding I'll mod it all up :lol:
cmdrbyron

Post by cmdrbyron »

DeereJason wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:09 am In the end, it's not so much about brand representation as it is about Parent Company representation.
I would be careful making a statement like this - it is very speculative, and subjective.

I would almost argue that if your approach were implemented, half of the in-game tractors/implements would be JD. Not saying it won't happen, but I for one would be surprised if it did.

I suspect (like many others before me in this chain) that there will be proportional representation based upon in-game brands, not parent companies. I also agree that game balance will be a factor as well, which leads me to believe that, while JD will be represented across the spectrum of machinery, its presence will be more prevalent in some of the more specialized areas, such as cotton and forestry, where this brand will bring in some diversity to these typically shallower areas (in terms of variety).

TL;DR Just because Giants have negotiated a license with JD doesn't mean JD will be represented "1 for 1" in terms of what already exists in-game, against other brands.
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

cmdrbyron wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:05 pm
I would be careful making a statement like this - it is very speculative, and subjective.

I would almost argue that if your approach were implemented, half of the in-game tractors/implements would be JD. Not saying it won't happen, but I for one would be surprised if it did.

I suspect (like many others before me in this chain) that there will be proportional representation based upon in-game brands, not parent companies.

TL;DR Just because Giants have negotiated a license with JD doesn't mean JD will be represented "1 for 1" in terms of what already exists in-game, against other brands.
I don't need to be careful about saying anything...the reality of the situation is that licensing deals are worked out with parent companies, not brands. I've done the math, it's as easy as counting what is there.

So if AGCO has Massey, Fendt, Valtra and Challenger, they should have each one of those brands represented equally? And Deere should be the same as each Massey, Fendt or Challenger? Sorry, I disagree.

I mentioned this before...about how it will be representation by parent company over brand. I also mentioned how Deere may appear to be over represented but in reality the may be just equally or even less than others.

There are only so many categories a brand can be represented. In regards to tractors, Deere could have every series from a 5R thru a 9R, all the "T" and "X" models AND still have fewer total tractors than AGCO or CNH. Same goes for combines...CNH have 4 combines in FS17. It is very likely that Deere will have just 2.

Like others have said...I hardly think that after all this time working to get a Deere license, and then seeing the huge reaction from the announcement, that Giants is just going to sit on it and only put out a handful of models as to not show too much green. If AGCO and CNH have multiple brands and want them all showed, that's on them....its hardly Deere's fault they have been able to retain their own identity. Some should be happy if it is only represented by parent company...it could be much different. It could go by real life market share.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

We'll know in about 3 months. Why does it even matter?
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Lost1nSpace

Post by Lost1nSpace »

fenixguy wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:32 pm We'll know in about 3 months. Why does it even matter?
for me it would be a shame cause etc we get the 8R but maybe not the 7R
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Right, but why worry about it now?
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

fenixguy wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:32 pm We'll know in about 3 months. Why does it even matter?
Same reason why the entire forum has been getting hits for the last 6 months...
FarmingRemasterd

Post by FarmingRemasterd »

Heres what i think we might see.... a JD 5M/R, 6E,M,R, all 7-8 family tractors as well as 9R and RXs.... a 444G wheel loader. S550, s670,S780 combines, at least one 45 foot draper head and a variety of auger heads and a variety of corn heads. belt pickup platforms would be nice but i doubt it... 635 MoCo, 324G skidsteer, 325G compact track loader.
Massey Ferguson For Life. If it ain't red, leave it in the shed.
Rules for yall...viewtopic.php?f=893&t=74799
Manure is for the fields...not the forum.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

FarmingRemasterd wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:57 pm 635 MoCo
That'd be nice along with a 955 center pivot! I love using pull-type mowers.
Dusty1424

Post by Dusty1424 »

I'm with fenixguy on this ,why get so worked up about something that only giants know for definate , I hope the kit added from JD will make the majority of players happy I'm sure GIANTS won't let us down ,it's like waiting for Christmas when you were small :mrgreen:
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Some people are just never happy
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

:biggrin2: ...and why do people read and write in a topic while they say, they don't care about the topic... :hi: Love it!
Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, Xbox One
FS17 Platinum > FS19 Premium > FS15 Complete > FS22
Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

Lost1nSpace wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:21 pm for me it would be a shame cause etc we get the 8R but maybe not the 7R
I doubt that will happen. Given that the game has been and still is a European driven game (despite maps, etc.) I am almost certain the 6R & 7R will be in the game. That said, what happens over the next 40-50 days will be interesting. Not just in regards to what Giants reveals, what changes could be in store for Deere.

I don't anticipate any major design changes, but I think there will be some model number changes. The series (6, 7, 8, 9, etc) and the packages (R, M, etc) will remain the same, but model horsepower may change a little bit. There has been talk (only very little) of some new model changes, but nothing is known for sure. When Deere first had the "R" series, they had Tier 3 (Stage IIIA) engines. A few years later, when they went to Interm Tier IV (Stage IIIB), the model numbers changed just slightly. When they went to Tier 4B (Stage IV), the models changed again...and some model numbers duplicated the first "R" series. Now Stage V is coming up (Tiers represent US requirements, Stages reflect EU requirements) and I'm guessing they will change again.

I truly believe the tractor that was in the teaser trailer was a 7R, not the 8R as we saw in the E3 trailer. From what could be seen, the styling was slightly different. There could be a few reasons for the change...but one could be that the 7R model numbers aren't staying the same and Deere doesn't want them to be revealed. Chances are that the 8400R won't be affected because it was only released 2 years ago. There are also some slight differences between the 8400R and the rest of the series...mainly in engine performance. As seen below, Deere typically has gone in 25 hp increments for the 8R series, but between the 8370R and 8400R, they jumped 30 hp. Might be just a coincidence, or we could see a 5 hp bump across the series.

Tier 3 (Stage IIIA) 8R models (2009-1010)
8225R, 8245R, 8270R, 8295R, 8320R, 8345R

Tier IV (Stage IIIB) 8R models (2011-2013)
8235R, 8260R, 8285R, 8310R, 8335R, 8360R

(Final) Tier 4 (Stage IV) 8R models (2014-current) (8400R 2016-current)
8245R, 8270R, 8295R, 8320R, 8345R, 8370R, 8400R
cmdrbyron

Post by cmdrbyron »

DeereJason wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:18 pm I've done the math, it's as easy as counting what is there.
Ok, so you've "done some math"... What I was trying to say is that it may not be as simple as adding everything up from one parent company (in your case, AGCO) and assuming that this will be extended directly across to another parent company (John Deere). If you look through the forums, I think you will find that many of the requests for John Deere in game are based upon the brand and not the parent company.

You also need to consider the human psychology element. If JD is implemented according to your "math", then almost half of the equipment in-game will become "JD Green". How many causal gamers would appreciate the aggregation of all the brands that comprise AGCO (and the range in colour/appearance) and see the "equality" against a proverbial "field of green". If that were to be the case (implementation of JD as you propose), I for one, would envision a slew of forum posts/Social Media "barrages" accusing Giants of "selling out" to JD, just to appease a(n) (unquantifiable) portion of the population, akin to what we saw for the past number of years prior to the announcement of JD joining the franchise, such as the large amount of inflammatory rhetoric regarding the "failure" of Giants and FS for "failing" to include JD.

At the highest level, the best (and most objective) assumption for population distribution would be "1-for-1" (1 JD Fan for every non-JD Fan), which only equates to 50% of the population. Neither one of us has sufficient insight/information to suggest anything else, and doing so only introduces favoured bias (skewing the ultimate outcome).

At the end of the day, we are all eagerly awaiting additional information on FS19, and in this case, equipment line-up. Personally? I prefer that we manage our expectations, rather than setting ourselves up for disappointment. JD coming to the franchise is HUGE, something that appears to be well-received across the entirety of the population. The final implementation needs to satisfy the majority of the population, not just the diehard JD fans :)