Should I get a wheel for Xbox?

CrazyIkeTyson

Should I get a wheel for Xbox?

Post by CrazyIkeTyson »

Ok so I have been researching wheels for Xbox and I’m not sure if I should get one just yet. If I get one, I want to get the Saitek wheel with the Farming Sim panel. I am worried, however, that it won’t be compatible with FS19, as I believe it came with FS15, and I don’t know if it will fit to my entertainment center. If anyone could help me out I would just like so general information. I’ve seen these wheels everywhere on YouTube and would like to get my hands on one if possible.
Thanks
-Ike
Guil

Re: Should I get a wheel for Xbox?

Post by Guil »

Saitek wheel with side panel doesn't work on consoles.
W1der

Post by W1der »

I do like the concept of the Saitek wheel a lot (I have worn out 6 of them before I got my Logitech G920) ... especially that you have two sticks on the wheel itself (I have only seen 1 other wheel that has this feature on the market).
But compared to other wheels the "Saitek" does not have very good sensitivity for steering and the quality has been poor (not sure if this has changed since Logitech bought Saitek).
The issue with low sensitivity also apply to the joystick n the sidepanel.
Compared to a joystick like the Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS (16 bit resolution) it feels very "jerky" but still "playable" ...

As mentioned it is not supported on consoles.
Having a steering wheel really ads another dimension to this game ... but without any type of joystick to control front loaders / cranes I would not recommend it.
If the console support using two controllers you could have a nice setup using the original gamepad placed beside the wheel to control these tools and also for "on foot" action ...
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Jballak9197

Post by Jballak9197 »

Is there a wheel that works for xbox one? That would be cool!
Hebrews 6:7. Land that drinks in the rain often falling on it and that produces a crop useful to those for whom it is farmed receives the blessing of God.
Jballak9197

Post by Jballak9197 »

Jballak9197 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:17 pm Is there a wheel that works for xbox one? That would be cool!
Nevermind found another thread with the 411 about this subject... :gamer:
Hebrews 6:7. Land that drinks in the rain often falling on it and that produces a crop useful to those for whom it is farmed receives the blessing of God.
Jballak9197

Post by Jballak9197 »

W1der wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:53 am I do like the concept of the Saitek wheel a lot (I have worn out 6 of them before I got my Logitech G920) ... especially that you have two sticks on the wheel itself (I have only seen 1 other wheel that has this feature on the market).
But compared to other wheels the "Saitek" does not have very good sensitivity for steering and the quality has been poor (not sure if this has changed since Logitech bought Saitek).
The issue with low sensitivity also apply to the joystick n the sidepanel.
Compared to a joystick like the Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS (16 bit resolution) it feels very "jerky" but still "playable" ...

As mentioned it is not supported on consoles.
Having a steering wheel really ads another dimension to this game ... but without any type of joystick to control front loaders / cranes I would not recommend it.
If the console support using two controllers you could have a nice setup using the original gamepad placed beside the wheel to control these tools and also for "on foot" action ...
Is it the Logitech g920 or g29? I'm very interested in finding a wheel with joystick controls...
W1der

Post by W1der »

It is the "Thrustmaster GT sport wheel" ... available for PC/PS4 and it will make a big hole in your wallet!

It probably has enough buttons to replace a "side panel" if you set it up correctly (but I would still go with a joystick together with it) ...
If FS19 runs smooth on my GPU I might buy one of these next.
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Gtivrsixer

Post by Gtivrsixer »

Thrustmaster tmx works on xbox, $199 but i think that's with the t3pa pedals. Base wheel might be $150 with the two pedal set. I have this wheel but haven't tried it as i think it might be a bit cumbersome switching between that and a controller to move the camera.
Earnest Pea

Post by Earnest Pea »

I use the TMX and don't find much of a problem switching back and forth from wheel to controller. Its not perfect, but it works. I've used it on the XB1, but haven't gotten around to using it on my PC yet (current desk is a little flimsy for the wheel).
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1
CrazyIkeTyson

Post by CrazyIkeTyson »

Thank you guys for the reply... although all this information is helpful what I really wanted to know is will the old Saitek steering wheel and side panel work with Xbox one?
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

Guil wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:57 am Saitek wheel with side panel doesn't work on consoles.
Guess you missed this one =)
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<