Silage bales in lone oak

Gimli54

Silage bales in lone oak

Post by Gimli54 »

So I plan to try something new with lone oak in that the starter grass field I have left (I converted one of them to regular crops) I plan to make silage bales to sell for profit with I intend to use the Kuhn baler that auto wraps them then transport with the auto load trailer where would I sell the bales and is making silage for sale like that a decent way to make money even I’m just trying some different stuff and genuinely don’t know what to do with silage as I’ve never worked with it in real life
W1der

Re: Silage bales in lone oak

Post by W1der »

You should be able to sell silage at the barn or in the Silo King at the BGA.
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
effin pig

Post by effin pig »

Definitely sell it at the BGA because you get the same income but also digestate. It’s a little extra work though as you have to fork the bales into the grinder but it’s worth it.
XBox One
Ohio- USA
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

In Lone Oak you can probably unload the bale straight into the bga grinder thingy, If you use the ursus stacker.
But ye, with an UAL trailer you'd need a loader to get them in.
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

The Khun baler/wrapper combo is basically a money-printing machine. Great way to get some starting cash but it might get boring after a long time. I just got done selling about 60 bales at the BGA on Lone Oak. I used the Gallignani 9250 SL for the 5,000l bales and wrapped with the McHale 991 Bale Wrapper.

Keep in mind that if you're playing with seasons, loose silage is worth more than baled.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

Keep in mind that if you're playing with seasons, loose silage is worth more than baled.
[/quote]

That I did not know so in that instance would just turning corn straight into silage work better if I do that though would I be able to sell straight from the tipper also if I used the baler is there anyway I could sell straight from a trailer or would a bale fork have to be used somewhere sorry if it sounds silly to ask that but I genuinely never touch silage except the rare instance I have cows on a map I’ve never sold silage before
Ps. Thanks for all the replies guys
W1der

Post by W1der »

You can turn grass in to silage this way also ... and it mixes with the chaff from corn if you wanna do both.
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5