Seasons mod - tire dirt

DeereJason

Seasons mod - tire dirt

Post by DeereJason »

I apologize if this was brought up before, I searched but didn't find an answer....

I have only recently been spending any significant time under the seasons mod. I own about 1/4 to 1/3 of the fields in Goldcrest Valley. Right now I'm running a few basic tractors and implements and have the Case IH 7130 combine.

After a harvest, I noticed I was getting a very large repair bill on a few things but especially the combine (about 50 hours and over $11,000 in repairs). I also noticed brand new tools like cultivators would increase their long term daily maintenance after doing one large field, and the overall value would drop sharply. I did one full planting with my new Horsch Pronto and its value dropped almost in half. I do notice that maintenance costs went up for the day of use, but then normalized.

If I remember correctly, fees were supposed to increase for poorly maintained equipment. I decided to disable the tire dirt mod to see if that had any effect. I immediately noticed that my tractors had zero required maintenance after a full day of use. Normally, it would have been a couple hundred dollars, or more. I had done a repair (before disabling) on the combine about 1/4 of the way thru the harvest, and that was large. But when I got done (and disabled the tire mod), the maintenance was nothing.

I want to test it again to see if my theory had any merit, but has anyone else experienced this?
Maze313

Re: Seasons mod - tire dirt

Post by Maze313 »

Try using the equipment and the tire dirt then wash it n see if that does anything bc now you have me wondering bc I have noticed my up keep drastically increasing over a short time but I didn’t think of the tire dirt :hmm:

I don’t know what you play on but I’m on ps4 and noticed it
Playing on PS5 and PC
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

Maze313 wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:53 pm Try using the equipment and the tire dirt then wash it n see if that does anything bc now you have me wondering bc I have noticed my up keep drastically increasing over a short time but I didn’t think of the tire dirt :hmm:

I don’t know what you play on but I’m on ps4 and noticed it
I'm on PS4 as well. I always wash when I'm done. I usually spray extra long because if it a folding tool, the wing tires get dirty without ground contact.
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

I’m on PlayStation and use seasons I don’t use the tire dirt mod however as I hate that between washing the machine and parking it the tires are dirty again so I got rid of that mod as for seasons repairs Ik the vehicles have to be repaired after ever year (it’ll say repairs needed in so many days or hours if the machine is used a lot, the days Ik is based off of your seasons length setting the hours is 30 hr standard I think) tractors trucks and harvesters have to be repaired within those limits or their maintenance costs go through the roof I use the toolbox mod and just run around with it the first day of spring to repair my vehicles I have yet to hit 30 hrs in a year on any of my equipment
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

^^ Repairing in t8me 8snt the issue. As 8bmentione above, I was repairing almost on a daily basis. Not that I needed to, I was just killing time for the most part. However, it seems the tire dirt mod is accelerating and excalating repair and maintenance costs. I have yet to prove it fully, but there does seem to be something to this theory so far
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

Lucky me then for not using the mod idk why that should speed up the cost of maintenance though to me the mod seemed astetic
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Just noticed on the help screen in game that it states that dirty machines cost more in maintenance
FusionAudio

Post by FusionAudio »

I to are on ps4 with tire mod as well with the other two mods.I like them..but pm is higher then I feel it should be.on me stepfathers farm..we never pressured washed anything till we needed to repair a part..then it was washed.take care all.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Yeah i wash after im done to DeereJason. Use it, wash after im done, put away.
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

Results are still inconclusive. I ended up buying a new combine, so I'll see how repairs go with that. I'm still curious to the big impact on tillage though.
Corstaad

Post by Corstaad »

I had the base combine and it ran a 10k maintenance bill when I forgot to repair it. It was a bug but I figure it was something they'd have trouble tracking down so worked through it. It's just like anything little quirks happen.