Word on FS 19 videos/news?

thumbwiz

Re: Word on FS 19 videos/news?

Post by thumbwiz »

Guil wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:22 am I think Martin or Lars said in the stream that it will be possible to start with no buildings at all and just money, I may be wrong though.
This would be the ultimate starting point for me, just a bit of cash, heading out to do jobs for other npc farmers, gradually making my way. Of course different starting points would be needed for other players.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

'your' farm (with the new system) will be your spawn point, so it will be possible for players to spawn at different locations!
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

What about fields though? Will they already be there?
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

Addictedtofs wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:29 am What about fields though? Will they already be there?
That's actually a good question. I like the idea of building your farm how you want it but it would *censored* to have to make every single field lol
hockeyjim07

Post by hockeyjim07 »

Addictedtofs wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:29 am What about fields though? Will they already be there?
My guess would be its just like we have now, but maybe half of the map is undeveloped, thicker forest areas, more open grassland for horses / cows /etc.

There has to be SOME premade fields for the mission system to work or your wouldn't have any work to do. I just wouldn't expect it to be ALL made out like current 17 maps are... the only thing we can really do right now is to connect fields that are right next to each other.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Like i said, i like this idea of buying sections of spots on the map, you can do alot of different things you want with a good piece of land, i have a few ideas as to how i want to setup my farm, but i have to look at what i'm dealing with, meaning, how big the plots of land is, different placable sizes, but im interested in the Livestock area too, now for the different pen/pasture sizes, is it for all animals or just cows?
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

gilroy222 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:52 am
[ but it would *censored* to have to make every single field lol
Exactly lol
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

gilroy222 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:52 am
That's actually a good question. I like the idea of building your farm how you want it but it would *censored* to have to make every single field lol
Some fields would have to be there, as to be able to do "jobs" for the other farmers. But, when it comes to your "own" fields. I would love if they done it, kind of like... say, Spectacle Island. The fields are there, but... you have to clear cut and plow to remove grass, without having to set the plow to "Allow Create Field". Would love that kind of setup.
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYw6iBq ... iq3EtJj6-6

Here is a good video with some things that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere.

One thing that is sort of odd is they removed mandatory plowing? Apparently the lime replaces it... But that's kind of a bummer because then we're going back to the older FS games where there really was no point to having a plow.

In real life periodic plowing does help with yield so I am surprised they are removing that.
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

DeereJason wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:09 pm
thumbwiz wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:51 pm I'll bet if Giants had anything exciting to show they'd be showing it. If we don't hear details soon, it'll lead some to assume there's going to be a new number on the end and not much else. We'll see how it goes when they start pushing pre-purchase.
Really? The silence has been because there isn't anything exciting to show?
I admit I was being a little sarcastic and impatient....until I found and read the confirmed features and changes. 19 is sounding more and more like a brand new experience. It's nice to realize that Giants has been listening to players suggestions.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

gilroy222 wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:42 am https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYw6iBq ... iq3EtJj6-6

Here is a good video with some things that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere.

One thing that is sort of odd is they removed mandatory plowing? Apparently the lime replaces it... But that's kind of a bummer because then we're going back to the older FS games where there really was no point to having a plow.

In real life periodic plowing does help with yield so I am surprised they are removing that.
Just clarifying for the folks who haven't been on discord... Plowing is now directly related to the crop types themselves. Lisertan for example mentioned the ground will need to be plowed after potatoes. Basically there is now sort of a soil compaction element to the game and plowing is done to mitigate that
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

I hope they let us use subsoiler like the one in the big bud pack as those are far more familiar to me than the (I think they’re called harrow) style plows
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Gimli54 wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:49 pm I hope they let us use subsoiler like the one in the big bud pack as those are far more familiar to me than the (I think they’re called harrow) style plows
The word you're looking for is moldboard plow. *thumbsup*
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

Interesting name for a type of plow
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

New brand! Not sure if Giants wanted it leaked yet, but anyway.

FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!