Free Field on Oakfield Farm?

Ritchie

Free Field on Oakfield Farm?

Post by Ritchie »

I've been playing Oakfield today and through traveling round the map it looks like there are 3 fields at the edge of the map which are not purchasable. They have no numbers but in the mini map they show up as "needs plowing". The 2 next to fields 3/45 can't be accessed as the map boundary stops you dead but the other one next to fields 33/35 can be accessed and ploughed. So my question is, has anyone planted and harvested this field successfully (before I waste my time trying :lol: )?

P.S. There's also a grass field to the North of this field which can be accessed but not ploughed I may have a go at, once the grass has started growing that is.
this_is_gav

Re: Free Field on Oakfield Farm?

Post by this_is_gav »

In theory you probably can use it, but you'll need to ensure the header of the combine can clear the hedge, as the hedge will stop the header passing through the same as the all the other hedges do. Luckily for you some of the hedges are fairly short in the area, so most headers ought to pass over the top of the hedge.

But keep in mind we never tested this 'field', so if you fall through a hole, or get catapulted across the map or your tractor develops square tyres don't blame us!
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

I can confirm that these fields can be ploughed, will grow crops and can be harvested.
I found the easiest way to get a combine in there was with the TARDIS Teleport mod, just need to make sure the grain tank is empty or else it folds up and won't unfold unless you reset it.
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

If his tractor suddenly develops square tires, I'm loading that map up and throwing every vehicle I have at it. :D lol
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Hairy Bob wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:28 pmI can confirm that these fields can be ploughed, will grow crops and can be harvested.
I found the easiest way to get a combine in there was with the TARDIS Teleport mod, just need to make sure the grain tank is empty or else it folds up and won't unfold unless you reset it.
I second that. Field 33A as I call it works as a normal field. You just need to be carefull about the invisable border on the east edge.
I use the low bushes at the north edge of F35 (the one at the south) for entrance but you need to hook up the header and lift it up.
PS5 / FS22
Saom

Post by Saom »

MrSealyp did this on his letsplay on Oakfield farm (PS4). The video showed it worked well.
PS4, Norway.
Elmcreek and No Mans Land.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

^^ And I was the one who suggested using that field :biggrin2:
PS5 / FS22
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

Cheers folks *thumbsup* . I've gone ahead and ploughed and seeded the field, it will work better once I own the adjoining fields I suspect though but gives me a little extra harvest for free to get the funds up.