Lone oak update

W1der

Re: Lone oak update

Post by W1der »

Oh, cool ... that makes sense (the way it is designed).
Thanks!
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

nature-girl wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:19 pm Hallo,

Ich hoffe es steht nicht schon irgendwo und ich habe es überlesen...

Ist die map season ready?
Bin auf jeden Fall von ihr begeistert. Super map!

Edit: oh sorry, i'm at the english forum... Is the map ready for the season Mod? It's a great map, thank you for this.

Vg
Hi, yes this map is fully Seasons ready. The default Seasons it accurate for this area in real life so no need for any extra GEOs unless you wish to.
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

Yep 250.000L sounds good. and if you remember in FS13 each crop had it's own silo. and lone oak update is on console modhub..
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

BulletBill wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:03 pm
RODHA wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:01 pm
fenixguy wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:38 pmFYI, I tried the large building beside the silos the correct way (not backing up to the wall), and it does, in fact, hold crops.
I might be wrong on this one but I remember reading somewhere that too much loose material (crops, grass, etc.) on the ground creates issues with the game after some point.
Did you experience anything like that?
Thats the reason why I stay away from tipping on the ground for long term storage purposes.
Not at all. Seasons snow is a material same as any tipped crop. That has very little effect on performance as the material has a clip distance of about 80m. Thereby limiting the impact on performance.
Thanks for the clarification Bill :hi:
Then it must have been the lack of required performance on my old regular PS4.
Because at some point in Oalfield I got a couple of days of constant snow and that much snow on the ground created serious fps drops all over the map.
Admittedly, snow is something that piles up all over the map. It is not just a dumped grain on a small area.
PS5 / FS22
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

LoneOak Update is on PS4.
Thanks BulletBill
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

Out of the corner of my eye I thought I saw a sheep fall from the roof at the sheep barn. So I went to investigate and this is what I found. JUMPING SHEEP! HaHa..
Scuba steve

Post by Scuba steve »

Lefe1 you must have accidentally put powerfood in their feeding trough lol, I noticed this too on Xbox one, loving the map btw!
FS17 on Xbox One X. FS19 on PC

Chicago, IL

MyYouTube Channel :coolnew:
W1der

Post by W1der »

I only see a happy sheep ... no issues here!
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

Ahh that would be Shaun the sheep... he's always jumping on the roof.

Seriously I've redone the sheep area 10x now and still can't figure out why they are doing that. Frustrating to say the least.
traveler87

Post by traveler87 »

Haha, quite a talented sheep.

Some good ideas so far, it's tough too balance realism with practicality in this game. 250k is plenty.

Glad to hear the update made it to console, looking forward to playing it this weekend. Enjoy the day guys, and hope you feel better BB.
Last edited by traveler87 on Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

BulletBill wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:28 pm Ahh that would be Shaun the sheep... he's always jumping on the roof.

Seriously I've redone the sheep area 10x now and still can't figure out why they are doing that. Frustrating to say the least.
I think it’s funny so don’t get rid of it. They float up when feeding them on Oakfield if you use a front loader
Tuurboclaw

Post by Tuurboclaw »

Actually I like the floating sheep also...
mespalin

Post by mespalin »

I think 250,000 is more than enough capacity. IRL, many farmers do not have enough storage to retain all their crops until optimum sell time, so they too have to haul to the sale yard until they can afford to buy/build more storage. It so adds to the realism having to make tough calls like that, what do i spend my money on? New equipment, more fields, more storage. It comes down to ROI, and if I will make enough additional profit from holding my harvest until a higher sell price to justify a new storage bin, then it should pay for itself. Brilliant map BB, absolutely loving it.
FS17/PS4/CPF/OSF/Oakfield/Lone Oak/Seasons
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

Incredible map...I just cut grass in fields 36 and 37 it's an amazing looking part. Really liking it. Thanks Bill
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
hugassi

Post by hugassi »

At the risk of repeating myself ...
Congratulations BulletBill for the quality work you've done so far.
my three favorite maps are undoubtedly the ones you've done.
please continue.

note: LoneOak Update is on PS4 :)
GIANTS Software: Partner Program :hi: