Lone oak update

BulletBill

Re: Lone oak update

Post by BulletBill »

Farmhand2016 wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:52 pm Thanks a bunch for the quick response. I play on PC. I've never had this issue before and I hate to admit I have logged over 3000 hs on FS 15 and 17 since 8/16. If that seems like a lot it's because I'm retired and enjoy every minute I have free to play. Without taking up your time could it have been caused by a conflict in mods. I just recently loaded and started learning how to course play, BTW that is a really cool mod.I honestly don't think it is a problem with your map. I really think it is a conflict in my program somehow. When I check out the FS videos on YouTube, they show me just how little I know about computing. Thank goodness for the pause feature cause I practically wear it out when I'm trying to follow what you guys, and gals, are doing. I'd love to mod but the few times I tried I got so frustrated because I can't seem to get it in my head what and how things work. God bless those of you who devote the time to develop then share with the rest of us.

I was referring to BB
Thank you.

Yes if your on PC then it does sound like a mod causing the issue. Unfortunately that can be like trying to find a needle in a haystack. I hope you find the problem mod and you can get back to enjoying the map.

Please do mention what mod it is when you fins it, as that is helpful to other users should they ever have a similar issue.

Seeing as it is a recent issue I would suggest with the newest added mods and work backwards.
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

mrprez wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:38 pm
Addictedtofs wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:29 pm I thought about it, but I haven't done any forestry. I will one of these days.

By and by, if you have found another shortcut that doesn't involve forestry, please share.
I used the Rabaud stump grinder. Takes down trees, bushes and stumps. Sold it once I was finished. You can cut a path right to the back of the barn.

I appreciate that. I just haven't got around to it. I will though one day.
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
Farmhand2016

Post by Farmhand2016 »

BullitBill, I think my problems started when I loaded the Course play mod. It really messed up my controls. Too much going on with the mouse. I may have shut down the game before it was finished backing up? At least that's kind of my thinking. The course play looks really cool but I haven't been able to get everything working together and like I said it messed up my mouse to make a long story short. Absolutely love Lone Oak though.
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

Hi! First, thanks for this awesome map. One of the best I played so far, even if (in my opinion) it miss some "industry" and things to do.

Just a quick question. I play with Seasons on (like I play on all others map) and I just started to have some cows. I have 10 now, and even with 100% of all their needs (food, clean, straw, etc.) they are blocked at 14% of health. I fastforwared time and even after multiple hours, they won't go higher than 14%.

I'm presently in mid-autumn. Never had this issue before on other maps..

Any idea why?

Thanks again.

mike
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
TallPaul003

Post by TallPaul003 »

I was feeling a bit left out as I absolutely fell in love with Lone Oak from the first time I played it and haven't had any issues whatsoever... until last night... I was so happy !!!

Apparently having 100 odd bales, within a shelter mod, next to the F&C silo mod, and then adding about 20 floodlight mods creates a whole load of lag in your yard- who knew ?!! Obviously I blame BulletBill, Giants, Microsoft, Lars, all mods creators worldwide, and the Lone Oak farmers IRL for making it so difficult to experience any kind of fault with this map.

And then was gutted when the sun came up, the floodlights turned off, and it was back to perfection once again :(
FS17 on XBone
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

biggest problem I have on this map is that I can not put the controller down. I'm playing seasons and still managed to do 95K worth of field missions in one game day along with my own harvesting without AI help.

thanks
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

Will try, thanks.
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
Weasle

Post by Weasle »

Oh that is a better idea than what I did. I would buy one animal, and then sell it, then you can buy all the animals normally, and it would be high health. This way is way cheaper.
Attack Wave

Post by Attack Wave »

The only issue I have, is that you can’t remove all of the trees in between fields, making merging practically impossible. There’s also a ton of ground textures that stop the ground from being ploughed, lots of uneven surfaces in random areas. Love the map though, slightly addicted to it. I’ve bought all of the southern and south western fields and merged them together (unsure why there’s a fence around the smallest grass field though).

If the creator made the forest areas better, and all trees to be removed, it would be heaven, but alas, I doubt it.
PS4 Gamer. Currently Playing in the Yukon whilst back to Gold Mining.

PS4: Karatekid_30

Go pro or go home *thumbsup*
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

I made it so you could join nearly 10 fields together making a 118 acre big field. Surely that is big enough for you?

However the rough ground areas are there in real life which I left in as I'm not interested in making some arcade style, toy town map.

When building a map I do take different player styles into consideration, but at the end of the day I make the map the way I want to.

I understand that it is not to everyone's taste hence the poor 3.8 average star rating on Modhub website.

On a separate but related note, its kind of depressing to see of the 107 rated mod maps on GIANTS Modhub, "Lone Oak" is sitting only 64th best rated map.

The West Coast is only 1 better in 63rd, and CPF 17 is a lowly 79th.

Seeing these ratings makes me question whether to even bother releasing any future maps.

I've always made maps for myself and not for others, and many other players seemed to enjoy them so I always released them, but over the past year seeing the amount of trolls, negative abusive comments, and poor ratings of my maps, it doesn't really make sense to bother releasing any others if the majority of players prefer a lot of other maps.

I know the Modhub ratings are not perfect, but it is still a reflection of how popular your mods are. These days it seems more and more people want to take a shot at me for the popularity of my mods, as is so often the case in life.

It makes me think I don't need this hassle in my life, it also stops modding from being enjoyable which is the whole point.

My only hope is that the change to Fs19 will kill off some of these keyboard trolls, who have nothing of worth in there own life so instead tear down other people and there work.

I know some of you will say "just ignore them", well thats easier said than done, and for a long time now I have, but it is getting to the point where the end result doesn't justfiy the effort. I know I am not alone in feeling this way. Many modders share this same frustration.

I wonder how many modders will even bother in Fs19 if the same pattern continues.
Aholz89

Post by Aholz89 »

Sorry to read this, but I also understand your feelings. You have made an awesome job with this map and your previous ones, they are truly 5 star maps.

You have also given good answers to issues people experience and corrected what you can. I for one have not had any issue on std. Ps4.

Hope to see another map in the future for fs19 maybe. Take care
Came here for information, stayed for the entertainment.
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

I bet they rank higher on consoles!!
Unless I counted wrong we have 46.
Your news is indeed bad for us.
But you can only push a wall so much before it falls.
If only the majority of the FS playerbase were like us forum members!!
Whatever you choose to do in the future,I wish you well.
Thanks.
TF
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

It is a fact that modders deal more with the farm sim community and receive more flack back than GIANTS do themselves.

Even when GIANTS do receive flack it isn't directed at personal individuals but with modders it is.

I'm not saying I'm not going to make mods for Fs19, nor is this a rant.

These are just my thoughts on the situation from a modders perspective.

It just seems to me that the way things have gone with Fs17 it won't be able to continue in Fs19 without changes or more support from GIANTS.
Stevo0114

Post by Stevo0114 »

<t>Its annoys me to hear this negativity of the work you guys do i am a console player of over 3000 hrs in fs17 playing your maps among others i must say Loan oak and west coast are 2 of my favs and i know there has been a lot of praise on this forum for these 2 maps plus cpf.Farming sim would not be so successful if it werent for guys like you Bulletbill please keep up the great work you do Giants owe you .I am truly thankful for the hours of enjoyment ive had thanks to fs and all you modders it keeps the game alive Good luck whatever you do hopefully we will see your maps in fs19 and beyond
Love FS fav tractor Case I h. FS 19 has caught up and is now for me better than fs17
Playing on xbox one x, Thanks to Giants and all modders who make the game great.
Love this community so thanks guys
TallPaul003

Post by TallPaul003 »

Dude, your maps far outweigh any others that I've played and I genuinely hope your passion gets reignited. The ratings don't make sense as all I see if everyone raving about your maps. You interact with the community, you listen, you're honest, and you make fantastic maps... What more can you do?

I won't lie, the odd thing here and there isn't to my personal liking, but they doesn't stop them being top shelf maps. They all have a story behind them which makes them even more enjoyable. You're never gonna please everyone unfortunately.

I asked a question on here of which maps people wanted to see in fs19 and lone Oak was the clear winner by a long way. Again, the modhub rating makes no sense.

If you stopped modding, the FS world would be worse off for sure BB/SM. Guarantee that's not just my opinion
FS17 on XBone