Lone oak update

Earnest Pea

Re: Lone oak update

Post by Earnest Pea »

I thought he said it was the one which initially contains the combines.
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1
SilverRedman63

Post by SilverRedman63 »

BulletBill wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:28 pm Ahh that would be Shaun the sheep... he's always jumping on the roof.

Seriously I've redone the sheep area 10x now and still can't figure out why they are doing that. Frustrating to say the least.
Check the Building - I placed a MOD Building in the sheep pen on Thunder Valley and the sheep started jumping on the roof and floating around.
PC/Xbox1
Maxxum 135

Post by Maxxum 135 »

First of all. Thanks Bill for an absolutely amazing map. Really enjoying playing on it.
I've been playing it on the lads Xbox.
Just a quick query. Is this quite a large update in as far as memory is concerned.
I'm sure I had around 600 slots left before the update but, after installing, it appears to have dropped to 343. No big deal as I can play it on the PC when I get a chance.
Cheers
Marcus
Wivout

Post by Wivout »

Maxxum 135 wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:59 pm First of all. Thanks Bill for an absolutely amazing map. Really enjoying playing on it.
I've been playing it on the lads Xbox.
Just a quick query. Is this quite a large update in as far as memory is concerned.
I'm sure I had around 600 slots left before the update but, after installing, it appears to have dropped to 343. No big deal as I can play it on the PC when I get a chance.
Cheers
Marcus
I believe the slot count was a bit off on first release. Assuming it has been adjusted to stop lag and crashes.

Loving the map, but I'm trapped in the download cycle off modhub.
Maxxum 135

Post by Maxxum 135 »

Thanks for the reply Wivout. That explains it. Bit of a shame as it's the smoothest running map I've seen on Xbox. No stutters at all so far. So good it fact that I had a stack of nearly 200 bales on field 50 and even that didn't cause any lag.
Last edited by Maxxum 135 on Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

Firstly the map had no lag issues itself in the first place. The update was to fix a terrainAngle issue.

Secondly the map does not crash on its own accord.

I wish people would stop blaming the map when every time it has been an external mod that is the issue.

I don't know what GIANTS have done with the update the but the map is the same filesize as before so should not have altered the slot count.

Try removing the map and downloading it again.
Maxxum 135

Post by Maxxum 135 »

Hi Bill
I can absolutely say that there have been no lag issues at all. So it's Giants that set the slot count then not you. Does Seem a bit strange. I could have understood a modest amount but somewhere in the region of 250 slots is quite a lot.
Wasn't sure if it was just me or anyone else had experienced it. I've only got about 4 tractors one lorry and 1 combine. Admittedly their mods which are slightly slot heavy.
Thanks for clarifying anyway. Again another fantastic map mate.
Cheers
Marcus
Maxxum 135

Post by Maxxum 135 »

Hi Bill
Have done what you suggested and can say the slot count has definitely been reduced. Only 644 slots left if you start a new save game with just the starting equipment. Think it was around the 800 mark before the update.
As you say there are no issues with the map whatsoever so does seem a little strange.
Cheers
Marcus
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

Thank you for letting me know Marcus.

If anyone on console could try deleting the old version of the map, but keep the old savegame, then download the new version of the map, and then try it with the old version savegame. See what the slot count is then.
Kappesbuur

Post by Kappesbuur »

@BulletBill

I tried what you mentioned. Deinstalled the map, installed it new.
There was no difference in slot count!
I'm on xbox one s.
I have 534 slots left. Don' t know exactly what it was before the update, but it was more!

By the way, thanks for the very nice map!

Lone Oak and Welker Farms are the best US style maps for me! *thumbsup*
:hi:
Playing on XBOX Series S :gamer:
In Germany Rhineland
Micro Logging LLC

Post by Micro Logging LLC »

Absolutely love this map and the grass texture! Wish Giants would allow consoles to plow bushes :).

As far as the smaller trees that are "hard to cut" the trick on consoles is use your chainsaw or stump grinder until you hit a branch (you have to move the chainsaw or stump grinder around a bit until you find one) once you cut that you can save the game, exit, reload the game and that small tree is now normal size and can be completely cut/removed as any other tree ;)
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

BulletBill wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:18 am Thank you for letting me know Marcus.

If anyone on console could try deleting the old version of the map, but keep the old savegame, then download the new version of the map, and then try it with the old version savegame. See what the slot count is then.
I just installed the update over the existing version and kept going. My slot count was exactly the same and I think the update is just 3MB more than the initial release. There is still no lag whatsoever. It is hard to understand how people make observations. I usually write those things down instead of trusting my memory.
PS5 / FS22
Kappesbuur

Post by Kappesbuur »

@RODHA
Ups, :confusednew: thats funny that it is the same count as before :hi:

Personally I never had problems running out of slots. I only buy what I really need!

Thanks to seasons and the half hour test time, buy, use and than sell it. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Kappesbuur on Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Playing on XBOX Series S :gamer:
In Germany Rhineland
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

I suggest people ask GIANTS about the slot count then.
I don't see why the slot count has been so drastically reduced from last time when there has been no change to the map size.

Modders have zero control over the console side of things.
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

Yeah, I can confidently say I've never came close to running out of slots. How much are people buying? :lol: :confusednew:
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway