Lone oak update

Patrick73

Re: Lone oak update

Post by Patrick73 »

^^great stuff thanx! I was wondering if you could then dump it in the pig manure spawn point so I can auto fill the muck spreader? Not really a fan of manual mucking out tbh yes I could leave it in the cow shed but it doesn’t help my ocd 😁
TallPaul003

Post by TallPaul003 »

Don't see why not, I just use the old metaltech trailer which is only 15000L I think and dump it in the cow manure thing behind the slurry pit. When it's got enough in it, I just snow plough it into the bsm 70000 tipper
I never used conveyors before this map but I've got 6 now!
FS17 on XBone
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

How much do you get a day off those cows?
TallPaul003

Post by TallPaul003 »

Can't honestly remember, havent played for a couple of days. I want to say about £80k but I might be wrong
If you're doing cows, get the footage and chips silo too. It fits perfectly on the grass behind the fuel point between the main building and little shed. I got the one with the ramp and fits dead on in the gap
FS17 on XBone
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

^^ yes got that,must admit it doesn’t look out of place eithe. Didn’t use it on Oakfield as it spoiled the scenery
TallPaul003

Post by TallPaul003 »

It just seems to fit the map, I put a bale store opposite it next to the house and it's like it was made to measure! With that, plus the bales, plus the floodlights it does lag a bit just in that area so think I'm pushing my luck a bit!
FS17 on XBone
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

Found a slight alternative,if you place a small lizard conveyor up to the wall in the long shed which is in the cow barn it picks up the manure through the wall and then use the long conveyor like you suggested
TallPaul003

Post by TallPaul003 »

Ah good shout, didn't realise it would go through the wall... Think that might stretch my realism rule a tad though!
That's the only problem with it going through the little door, I lose that whole barn in the back
FS17 on XBone
HowDoYouDo

Post by HowDoYouDo »

Anyone else get a bug where the holmer GB 25 Seed Tank cannot be filled with fertilizer directly from the fertilizer refill point?

My other augur wagons can, its just that holmer one that cannot.
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

HowDoYouDo wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:19 pm Anyone else get a bug where the holmer GB 25 Seed Tank cannot be filled with fertilizer directly from the fertilizer refill point?

Yes me also but when I tried it was on sosnovka so it’s not the map
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

HowDoYouDo wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:19 pm Anyone else get a bug where the holmer GB 25 Seed Tank cannot be filled with fertilizer directly from the fertilizer refill point?

It's the auger wagon, GIANTS didn't give it the line <supportsFillTriggers value="true"/>.

It's a relatively easy fix if you're on PC, but sadly there's nothing you can do if you're on console.

On a PC you need to extract the FS17_holmerPack.zip file into a folder called FS17_holmerPack. Go into this folder and then into the holmer folder. Open the file holmerGrainTank.xml in a text editor (NotePad++ recommended).

Under the line <fillRootNode index="0>" /> and above the line <allowTipDischarge value="false" /> create a new entry on line 100 called <supportsFillTriggers value="true"/>, so it looks like the below:

Code: Select all

<fillMassNode index="0>" />
    <supportsFillTriggers value="true"/>
    <allowTipDischarge value="false" />
Save the holmerGrainTank.xml file and exit. Go back up a folder level until you're in the FS17_holmerPack folder again. Select all the files, right-click, go to Send To and choose Compressed (zipped) folder. Rename the .zip file to FS17_holmerPack.zip and place it into your mods folder in place of the original one. Make sure you delete the FS17_holmerPack folder too.

You should now be able to fill your auger wagon with fertiliser and seed, as below.

Note that an update will appear in the in-game ModHub, but ignore it, it's just because your mod doesn't match Giants original one anymore.
HowDoYouDo

Post by HowDoYouDo »

this_is_gav wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:14 am

It's the auger wagon, GIANTS didn't give it the line <supportsFillTriggers value="true"/>.

It's a relatively easy fix if you're on PC, but sadly there's nothing you can do if you're on console.

On a PC you need to extract the FS17_holmerPack.zip file into a folder called FS17_holmerPack. Go into this folder and then into the holmer folder. Open the file holmerGrainTank.xml in a text editor (NotePad++ recommended).

Under the line <fillRootNode index="0>" /> and above the line <allowTipDischarge value="false" /> create a new entry on line 100 called <supportsFillTriggers value="true"/>, so it looks like the below:

Code: Select all

<fillMassNode index="0>" />
    <supportsFillTriggers value="true"/>
    <allowTipDischarge value="false" />
Save the holmerGrainTank.xml file and exit. Go back up a folder level until you're in the FS17_holmerPack folder again. Select all the files, right-click, go to Send To and choose Compressed (zipped) folder. Rename the .zip file to FS17_holmerPack.zip and place it into your mods folder in place of the original one. Make sure you delete the FS17_holmerPack folder too.

You should now be able to fill your auger wagon with fertiliser and seed, as below.

Note that an update will appear in the in-game ModHub, but ignore it, it's just because your mod doesn't match Giants original one anymore.
Thank you for this detailed write up!
Farmer216

Post by Farmer216 »

BB ~~
First, I must say: Don't put too much stock in the rating system. Most console users I've played with do not know how to cast a vote. I know how, but have only done it once. Many of the votes you are getting are from children who wont vote fairly. The best way to get feedback, IMO, is to read threads like this. And sadly, you will never please everyone.

I had 10 hours into West Coast when this map dropped. The idea of multiple farms that could be unrelated to eachother REALLY appeals to me. I might play again when I clear up a save spot.

FWIW, Lone Oak is my 2nd favorite map. It would be number 1 if the bushes disappeared when plowed.
I may be a little biased, as I live in the PNW and this map feels like home to me.
I also have to say this is the only map that I kept hitting the walls because there is no "edge". (You did awesome, BTW)

I tend to roleplay my game. I live at the first house on FarmFarm road.
Lone Oak farm has grown considerably since I started. (Mostly green Valtra tractors now)

Some of the original equipment is scattered around Mannings. I left it dirty, and it looks like a used tool sale.
I like how the roll doors are closed at night. I've left items there for "repairs" overnight.
Any chance the trick you used to make the doors close could be used to open Taco Farmers food cart? (I roleplay eating lunch there anyway)

Until last week I had resisted the urge to merge fields. (Curious to know which field #'s where part of the "Megafield" you had planned)

I also like to "color outside of the lines" so to speak. So, I've created a new farm out of nothing. The yard is SE of the store. (red tractors) They are just getting started, so they are only using small equipment. (IE: Classics pack)

I used the space at the Lone Wolf sell point to house my trucking fleet. (Blue trucks aka "Lone Wolf Trucking")

On my buddies map we cut a road from the cabin on the lake to the sheep farm.
He complained about the woodchip pile being hard to access. I laughed and told him to stop using the OVERSIZE BSM trailer/850 Combo. Its not so hard with the Twinstar/Fliegel trailer.

I found the real farm on Google Maps. I got a big kick out of exploring streetview and comparing it to the in-game version. You did a good job of blending reality with in-game needs.

That was a real long winded way of saying: I love your map. I hope to see more from you in FS19.
I play on Xbox3 (Which they called the "One" for some reason)
Addicted to Farm Sim since: 6-26-2k17
FS17@ 5,336hrs ~ FS19@ 3377hrs (updated 2.18.21)
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

Thank you Farmer. I really appreciate your genuine comments. It's great to see how much enjoyment and gameplay time you've got out of the map already.

As for the merged fields. The fields south and south east of the main farm yard can all be ploughed together. So the field would run from Lone Oak farm south alongside the gravel road all the way to the southern edge of the map. Then all the way to Hollister Cold Root crop sell point and along to the Taco Stand and back towards Lone Oak farm. That 1 joined field I believe would be around 120 acres ingame.

If you explore the map any fields which only have grass (no weeds) and dirt tracks can be ploughed together. There are several other field combinations possible across the whole map.
crash

Post by crash »

Is there a map thaht shows which Fields thaht can be combined? :)
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway