Lone oak update

W1der

Re: Lone oak update

Post by W1der »

traveler87 wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:05 am Yeah bud that's what I'm doing. It's pretty nit-picky but I hesitated to do it for two reasons: 1. The extensions aren't as nice (American) as Frontiers silo, 2. They are expensive, and I play on Hard mode.

I was just asking hoping it would be in the update and I could forego more extensions and invest in better equipment.
I agree on the design ... but if you play on hard ... just PAY UP and be happy about it (as you do like a challenge) ... ;)

Let´s be a bit constructive ...
Isn´t there a mod with placeable silos that looks similar to the ones on the map?
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

I put the BSM silo in the space near the sell point at the bottom right of the map
TobiHH

Post by TobiHH »

If you are on PC, easiest way is this mod.

https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2017
traveler87

Post by traveler87 »

Thanks for the input guys. I'll look into a few of those console-compatible mods. I'm liking your idea Patrick. Case, I was thinking that same thing, I'm in the midwest and haven't seen anyone dump grain in lean-to's. I'm curious if it's more common than I'm aware or just more common in Europe. I farmed 1600 acres and before installing bins paid for grain to be carted off the field.

W1der, I was simply asking if cap was increased in the update. I don't think that's out of line. A good chunk of recent mod maps have larger silo caps standard, and as this map has large fields and no extra storage elevators on the map it was a fair question and not too trivial to bring to the attention of the awesome mod team (being a bit constructive and all). I wanted to pick the brains of other FS fans before I continued adding the expensive extensions.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

The BSM silo fits pretty good with the standard ones on the map. It's cheap and has a lot of capacity. I do agree the default storage cap is a little strange if you look at the size of the silos compared to say, the 47,000l tipper that you get with the map. I think those 3 (I think that's what it is???) big silos should hold more than a little over two of those trailers.

I tried dumping grain in all of the buildings that had doors and none of them had collisions so my corn just went through the walls. Is there a building at the main farm with collisions?

But that's certainly not something that keeps me up at night. Still love the map.

FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

The current update does not have an altered farm silo capcity. It was primarily a fix for the terrainAngle issue.

You can tip grain in the main machine shed (where your combines are when you start the map)

Also you can tip in the large cream bay storage (where the fliegl tipper is as default)

When tipping don't back your trailers right up against the wall. When you do this the trailers tip trigger is actually beyond the wall so it will not stop the material (crop) from leaking through.

With only 3 silos the amount you can store is actually still very unrealistic seeing as you can store 100,000L of each crop type. That is 600,000L capcity with all 6 crop types that can be stored in them. Unfortunately you can't use it all for 1 crop, instead that is shared between all 6 arable crops.

With the amount of complaints I've had about this matter I will probably up the amount for the next update.

However I will not be making it an unrealistic amount. For me when I build my maps I have to account for the physical size of stuff. I don't like pretending stuff just magically disappears/appears with know where to actually store it.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I'm certainly not complaining myself! I actually like the challenge of trying to find storage. Having too many crops is a good problem to have. Anyway, keep up the good work.

I think when I dumped in the buildings, I did have the trailer right up next to the wall. I'll try it again.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
traveler87

Post by traveler87 »

Thx for the info and response BB. We all appreciate you're attention to realism. I played the west coast a lot and there it was no issue because of all the grain barns.

I really like the bin setups at your sell points. They look like what you'd see here in the Midwest. I'd be tickled to see those modded as placeables.

Good observation about not tipping too far back. Cheers for a job well done.
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

I apologise if my earlier comment came across a bit grumpy. Not having the best of weeks health wise and got a ton of real life stuff bothering me.

I'll look into getting the map update out hopefully released beginning of August.
Case1370

Post by Case1370 »

BulletBill wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:02 pm The current update does not have an altered farm silo capcity. It was primarily a fix for the terrainAngle issue.

You can tip grain in the main machine shed (where your combines are when you start the map)

Also you can tip in the large cream bay storage (where the fliegl tipper is as default)

When tipping don't back your trailers right up against the wall. When you do this the trailers tip trigger is actually beyond the wall so it will not stop the material (crop) from leaking through.

With only 3 silos the amount you can store is actually still very unrealistic seeing as you can store 100,000L of each crop type. That is 600,000L capcity with all 6 crop types that can be stored in them. Unfortunately you can't use it all for 1 crop, instead that is shared between all 6 arable crops.

With the amount of complaints I've had about this matter I will probably up the amount for the next update.

However I will not be making it an unrealistic amount. For me when I build my maps I have to account for the physical size of stuff. I don't like pretending stuff just magically disappears/appears with know where to actually store it.
I agree, Im fine with 100,00L gran storage, as like you said its still unrealistic considering that its 100,000 per each crop, and there is only 3 bins there to begin with. So really, you should only have enough room for either 3 crops in the bins, or a total of 300,000 L, but since Giants has it unrealistic, not really much you can do about it, other than hope FS19, improves on the realism side of how we do things IRL.

So while Im fine with it just as it is, and just by looking at the size of those bins, if they were scaled close to what they are IRL, they look like they are probably around 12-15,000 bushel bins IRL, although kind of to know for sure, when just lookin at the game, and not a actual picture of the real life bins.
However I know the majority who play this game no nothing to very little about farming IRL, so stuff like that being unrealistic likely dont bother most of them, like it probably does those of us who actually are real life farmers. So if you raise the grain limit to satisfy them, then thats OK too.
Lone Oak is amazing, by far the best map not only in looks, but also in how smooth it plays. I have probably around 15 hrs on it, and have yet to have any type of frame rate issue. Not that I have much of a issue with any map, but once in a while, I would see a slight stutter, but have yet to see that at all on Lone Oak.

BB, you said something about a nother update? What will that consist of, and will we have to start over?

Also is their any plans to put possibly add a milking parlor, or the robotic milker, the real name IM drawing a blank on at the moment, of what its called IRL, *censored* getting old,lol.
I assume IRL this farm is probably a beef farm, and not a dairy farm, which is why there isnt a milking parlor or a stanchion barn. Unless IRL they do it the hard way, and have a small portable single milker. Although I cant imagine thats the case, unless they only milk a few for 4-H purposes,lol.
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

The update will not require a new savegame.

Apart from changing the farm silo capacity, I have also found a stray electric wire and thr pig manure spawn point nodes are off so a bit of the manure spawns outside the bunker.
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

BulletBill wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:22 pm I apologise if my earlier comment came across a bit grumpy. Not having the best of weeks health wise and got a ton of real life stuff bothering me.

I'll look into getting the map update out hopefully released beginning of August.
Your map is awesome...other than the angle in the worked ground I'm more than happy...you have personal things going on you focus on yourself man, let people complain lol I hope all goes well for you. Also fyi...take your time...Giants has yet to approve your 1st update for consoles...
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
Case1370

Post by Case1370 »

BulletBill wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:29 am The update will not require a new savegame.

Apart from changing the farm silo capacity, I have also found a stray electric wire and thr pig manure spawn point nodes are off so a bit of the manure spawns outside the bunker.

Thanks BB for the reply, great to hear the next update wont need us to start over. Im not sure what I was thinking about, must of bin another map, but anyway those grain bins IRL, depending on how close the scale is to their real ones, the biggest grain bin is probably around 12 to 15,000 bushels, while the middle one is probably 8 to 10,00 bushels, and the small one probably only holds around 5000 bu. So IRL that farm doesnt have much grain storage capacity with the grain bins. Depending on the acres they farm, which going by the size of the too shed and work shop, they probably have a descent size farm, they probably use that big open front shed, to store grain, or one of the toolsheds. I figure with how tall that open front shed is, I could see then using that to store bales or possibly grain.
But whatever you want to do with changing the grain bins storage capacity is ok by me, after all your the one along with those who helped who did the work, so its whatever makes you guys and the owner of the farm IRL that you made it for, happy is what matters most, not what any of us think.

Sorry to hear about your health issues, and your having a bad weak, with both health and other issues. I dont know what your health issue is, but I also have health issues, and also had a horrible weak financially, which started on Friday the 13,lol. Im not someone who really believes in superstitiouns, but after what my wife and I have had happen that started on Friday the 13, Im beginning to wonder if there isnt something to it,lol. It would take too long to explain, but its been a very expensive last few days of several thousands dollars, basically all of my life savings now gone. All I will say is when you buy a vehicle and pay cash for it, make sure you read the paperwork all real good, and when you get the title mailed to you, dont just throw it in a drawer somewhere without looking it over really good, because if not it may come back to bite you in a few yrs when you want to sell it or trade it :frown:
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

you say the big one holds 12 to 15,000 bushels... 15,000 bushels = 528,586L
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

My biggest problem with Lone Oak was placeables.
I mean putting down any. Because I was affraid of ruining the scenery.
However, I have managed to create a good looking (blending with the map) placeable are on F35.
Multi-Storage by Vanquish081 was my weapon of choice for storage and with their ginormous size they suit extremely well.
PS5 / FS22