Workers and plows

JensChrDK

Workers and plows

Post by JensChrDK »

Hi everyone :-)

Has anyone noticed how a hired worker turn the plow? Cause I would like to know how they can turn the plow halfway, turn the tractor around and then turn the plow the last halfway - maybe not so relevant with a small 4 furrow, but when it's a 9+ furrow it would be nice to turn without hitting the plow with the tractor wheel. :confusednew:
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
Gimli54

Re: Workers and plows

Post by Gimli54 »

It should be something like center plow them you should see a unfold them or right I think ok ps4 it should be when holding L1 but I will say I don’t use those plows as I don’t see them on farms where I live and haven’t pulled one before but I have used a subsoiler so I use the one in the big bud pack
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

I'm sorry Gimli54 - but until you wrote PS4, nothing made sense. Here 9/10 farmers use "ordinary" plows and not subsoilers. So that's why I like them.
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

Sorry my fat fingers have a hard time typing on an iPhone but there should be a way to turn the plow from one side to the other (I think now it’s after you unfold it) while holding L1
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

Ohh... I'm sorry, I must be bad at explaining myself.. I do know how to turn the plow, in one go. The worker can split the turn into 2 motions. If you have the time, see how he turns in this video - about 1m20s you can see his first turn, and how he splits the plow turn, so he doesn't trash his rear tyres with the plow.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-dLT9Km0hU
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

I don’t understand quite what you’re asking sorry I’m kinda new to moldbourgh plows myself as we don’t use them where I’m from so all I know about them is ingame
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

I'll try a little better ;-)
When we press the "turn plow" button ingame, the plow turns in one go. In the video you can see how the plow stops turning halfway (almost like it's ready to drive on the road)

Giants say that it is not a feature in the game - but I have seen the worker do it multiple times.. That's why I came here, I thought someone else MUST have seen it
Earnest Pea

Post by Earnest Pea »

Yes, thats how the workers always do it. Where I'm from, everyone uses moldboard plows. I don't think I've seen any subsoilers around here. Because of that, I make use of the moldboard plows in addition to some subsoiler use. When workers use a plow, they do rotate the plow to a mid position and then, a moment later, finish the rotation. I've always thought that it would handy to be able to do that myself.

I have noticed, though, that if you use each plow with a proper tractor setup, you shouldn't hit the tires while turning. The problem is that IRL, each of these plows is meant to be used in different ways. The smaller, more traditional ones are meant to be used with single tires. The outer set of tires (the ones towards plowed ground) should ride in the empty furrow from the last pass. These ones aren't designed for duals and you'll likely hit the tires on turns if you use duals. Some of the larger plows are designed for dual tire equiped tractors. Because duals would be to wide to ride in the empty furrow, the plow is designed to be used with the tractor fully on unplowed ground. Turning with these plows should be fine no matter what your running. I apologize if you already knew all this.
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

No I do not thanks for the knowledge as for ingame and when I’ve used them idk how to center it like the workers sorry
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

Earnest Pea - I did know all of that - but I couldn't write it in so few words, so thanks for the good explanation!! :-)

Now all I need is for Giants too read this - because when I asked them what button to use for that "half-turn" all they could reply was, that it isn't a feature that is in their game................ Aaaaalrightythen Giants....

Anyone else who has seen the worker do it??
Earnest Pea

Post by Earnest Pea »

I think what Giants means is that the ability for players to half turn the plow isn't a feature in the game.
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

I think your right - but if it's already in the game, I can't imagine it would take them many seconds to make it possible for players to do it ;-)
Farmer216

Post by Farmer216 »

You can kind of do it with the Lemkin plow.
It has "Rotate" which turns it 180 degrees.
You also get "Fold" which turns it 90.
Unfortunately, you can only fold it from one side.
I play on Xbox3 (Which they called the "One" for some reason)
Addicted to Farm Sim since: 6-26-2k17
FS17@ 5,336hrs ~ FS19@ 3377hrs (updated 2.18.21)