Map conversion !

AymanTl
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:07 pm

Map conversion !

Post by AymanTl » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:21 pm

Hi,everybody right now i'm working on an FS17 map it's not complete its about 20% done i just started it and looking at the News of FS19 I'm worried that we can't convert maps because of the way FS19 works with the new engine and that you can buy sectors of the map and build your own farm and expand it also you can have multiple farms and animals pasture its alot different than any Previous FS game So basically what i'm saying is : Should i continue the work on the map and convert it to FS19 or just wait until fs19 get released and Build a map from scratch with the New editor ?? :?: :?:

User avatar
ltl.vamp
Posts: 1308
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:16 pm

Re: Map conversion !

Post by ltl.vamp » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:25 pm

I think, many people will still play or buy FS17, untill FS19 will grow with updates and mods to the point everyone wants to buy and to play it. If you have fun to mod your map, just do it for FS17 and we all will see, how to get it on FS19.
Xbox One X - FS17 Platinum > FS19 Premium > FS15 Complete - Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR
Still love: Oberlausitz, (New)Woodshire, Altenstein (Redkeinstus), Lone Oak Farm (Frontier Design/BulletBill).
Love: FENDT 900 Favorit Vario (Smety (CMT)) / Deutz D80 ~ Farming Classics (Dogface), AgroStar 6.61 (Giants), Deutz [Puma]

eric21
Posts: 5004
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:48 pm

Re: Map conversion !

Post by eric21 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:29 pm

You have plenty of time before the game comes out.

AymanTl
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:07 pm

Re: Map conversion !

Post by AymanTl » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:32 pm

ltl.vamp wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:25 pm
I think, many people will still play or buy FS17, untill FS19 will grow with updates and mods to the point everyone wants to buy and to play it. If you have fun to mod your map, just do it for FS17 and we all will see, how to get it on FS19.
Yeah it's going to be a long road until FS19 stands on its feet with updates and DLC's So that's what i'll do,Complete the map and see what FS19 brings to the table !!

AymanTl
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:07 pm

Re: Map conversion !

Post by AymanTl » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:35 pm

eric21 wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:29 pm
You have plenty of time before the game comes out.
it's not about time what i'm saying is i want to keep this map and play on it in FS19 i dont want to Start all Over again when FS19 Comes out !

TallPaul003
Posts: 193
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 4:11 pm

Re: Map conversion !

Post by TallPaul003 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:17 pm

I'm not a modder but from what I understand, you wouldn't be able to just port it from one game to the other. It comes down to what you want, whether you want to be able to play it as is on FS17 or play the waiting game, asses what FS19 needs and make the map for the new game.
Last edited by TallPaul003 on Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FS17 on XBone

User avatar
fenixguy
Posts: 2513
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:48 pm
Location: NC Mountains

Re: Map conversion !

Post by fenixguy » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:23 pm

I'd continue on if I were you. Iron out the details now, and you'll have a leg up for FS19 even of you had to start from scratch (which I doubt you would).
Currently colonizing the Kerbol system.

AymanTl
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:07 pm

Re: Map conversion !

Post by AymanTl » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:32 pm

fenixguy wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:23 pm
I'd continue on if I were you. Iron out the details now, and you'll have a leg up for FS19 even of you had to start from scratch (which I doubt you would).
Yeah that's the probleme it's not easy to make a map from scratch it takes alot of time and Creativity !

Procobator
Posts: 242
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:39 pm

Re: Map conversion !

Post by Procobator » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:14 pm

My thinking is that all your assets and your DEM will be able to be transferred over. It's been that way for the last few iterations. Other components may not however. Every time I've converted maps over I usually start with a blank starter maps for the newest game version and transfer everything. I would say if you work on your layout now you should be able to transfer it over with little effort.

XXJacksonniteXX
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:33 am

Re: Map conversion !

Post by XXJacksonniteXX » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:40 pm

AymanTl wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:32 pm
ltl.vamp wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:25 pm
I think, many people will still play or buy FS17, untill FS19 will grow with updates and mods to the point everyone wants to buy and to play it. If you have fun to mod your map, just do it for FS17 and we all will see, how to get it on FS19.
Yeah it's going to be a long road until FS19 stands on its feet with updates and DLC's So that's what i'll do,Complete the map and see what FS19 brings to the table !!
Fs19 stood on its feet at day one. And already has over 30 mods only 1 month into it I don't even play 17 anymore. Just the fact you build your own farm make a it to where the player can create the map how he wants
add me on Xbox xxjacksonnitexx fs19 love it on German map mostly but waiting for a great model map to release :this:

Post Reply