We need more classic tractors/progression in the base game (suggestion)

HarvestMan

We need more classic tractors/progression in the base game (suggestion)

Post by HarvestMan »

Many simulators follow a story and don't have everything unlocked from the beginning and this addition could spice up the series. It would be great if we would start with 1960's era tractors and equipment and have to work our way up the decades of machinery (a story mode or something similar) If nothing like this is in FS2019 I really hope it comes by FS2021.
We would have the option to play freeplay (classic) or story mode. When you play story mode you unlock additional vehicles for freeplay (you would still have 95% of the vehicles unlocked from the beginning of freeplay, and you unlock a new bonus vehicle after you complete each chapter of story mode.)

I'm aware many people just prefer to play in the classic style, but since most of the items in freeplay are unlocked from the beginning and mods still exist it would still be an enjoyable experience.
fenixguy

Re: We need more classic tractors/progression in the base game (suggestion)

Post by fenixguy »

I could see that being appealing. I'm more on board for the classic tractors than the story mode. I kinda make up a story in my head as I play along.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

Yeah the new iteration of FS will allow you to start with nothing but a little money in hard mode... if progression is what you are after... sure all the equipment is available from the start...but what you can afford will be rather limited

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

Nothing should be locked behind levels or achievements.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
HarvestMan

Post by HarvestMan »

TacoFarmer wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:08 pm Nothing should be locked behind levels or achievements.
It's just an idea, as many other simulators use a story and you unlock more things as you play.
1992Tadej1992

Post by 1992Tadej1992 »

I am on the same boat. Story mode would bring some life in the game. Lock luxury machines and give us some kind of challenge *thumbsup*
eight_lugs

Post by eight_lugs »

Well I don’t like the old rust buckets. I’d rather cheat and start with a shiny new challenger.
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

I see the merit of what y’all are saying don’t get me wrong so I think it could be balanced by having like you said a few pieces of equipment you get from doing the story campaign challenge what have you but I still think that their should be close to 98% of the entire garage unlocked so that people who just wanna kick back relax and unwind can do ynsy I totally get what you’re saying and think that it would indeed add a wider appeal to other players I just think they shouldn’t lock tons of equipment and machinery behind barriers
Last edited by Gimli54 on Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

Well as far as barriers go, they already exist. The bigger machines are prohibitively expensive. If you aren't cheating in money, you'll really have to work hard to afford them.

As far as a story mode goes, I'm torn. I like the idea of starting with smaller, older equipment and making the story up as I go along. I have to think that if a story mode existed, I would play it once and then stick to classic. But that's just my two cents.
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
Farmsimhobby

Post by Farmsimhobby »

I totally agree with addictedtofs.

I like the grind and the excel spreadsheets for the long gameplay. I start seasons on oakfield with no money and 9 day seasons and no fields.

I created some positive cash flow with bank money using greenhouses. No i am working the fields with classics mod and going step by step.

The grind makes my tractor even more special. Usually a game lasts 350 hours (real nerd i guess).

Check out farmsimhobby.com for some farming sim data so you can built own strategy.
Farmsimhobby.com
garyst

Post by garyst »

I'm all for older equipment, but I don't want anything locked. I want to be able to buy whatever I want whenever I can afford it.