Question about fs19 game modes

Chad

Question about fs19 game modes

Post by Chad »

This is concerning buying farms vs buying fields. Obviously we haven't heard everything yet, but I heard someone say in an interview that this concept seems "more realistic". I think most often(myself included) realism equals how it's done or seen where you live. So, in my case, we farm in central Kansas, buying an entire farm is about as unrealistic as it gets. So my question is, is that how it's done across the pond? Do entire farms come up for sale, or do individual fields? Thanks in advance!!
Samira

Re: Question about fs19 game modes

Post by Samira »

You start with what you choose. If you choose lets say "Beginner" you have a Farm and a few Vehicle whatsoever. If you choose lets call this "Hardcore Farmer" then you start with a few money and no Farm.
you have areas wich you can claim with and build your own stuff there, is it animal stables or silos or farm houses. Its all up to you.

As "Beginner" you are also able to claim areas and build your own stuff there. whatever you choose its all up to you what you do on that choosen map. we get the option to build everything
and make everything we want and how we want. one will place their farm houses and animals together, one will put it anywhere else. fell free to do so then.

hope this answers your question well. :)
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

Well I'm an American, but I can give some insight.

My grandpa got out of the navy and bought right about a hundred acres mainly because it was a good price and my grandma liked the house.
He figured that he had the land, he might as well use it. He bought a few head of cattle and stuck them on what would eventually be called the back forty.

The front pasture he seeded and he would pay Mr Grant, our neighbor, to bale it for him. Along with his cattle, he would sell his excess hay. Now my grandpa bought angus cattle before the CAB standard, but sometime in the late 1970s it was recognized. It promoted the idea that basically angus were better.

So he had his military money and his profits from the farm. Then Mr Grant passed without much kin to speak of. He had right about 250 acres directly adjacent to my grandpas farm. He had kept ostriches on it in his later years. He went hat in hand to the bank, got a loan to cover what he couldn't and bought all but the ten or so acres near the house.

I live here now because my dad was estranged and I still keep cows. I have a few other animals, but cows are my primary profit. So that's how we got our farm. I hope that helps to answer at least some of your questions.
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
Chad

Post by Chad »

Yes, that does help. What an interesting farm history! Will just have to wait and see on Nov 20th I guess
Chad

Post by Chad »

TY drmatt. Curious how this is going to work. Around here, we rarely see entire farms/estates sold. Usually just a quarter, or half-section at a time. Developers never enter our local area. Too far away from anything to be attractive to them I guess
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

The family history around the land my family still owns and it farms is something like this my great grandfather (and I think of his brothers) bought land close to 300 acres 100 in one block and 200 in a block a mile away down a gravel road the 100 acre block they built a house on taking up about 5 acres where they kept chickens and no more than two or three cows by the house 70 acres which was cleared they farmed 25 or so acres couldn’t be worked as there was a creek nearby the 200 acre block was forested so they logged that for 2 generations until about the 1960s and then began farming what they cleared long story short my grandfather bought the 100 acre block from his parents to help them and when his parents died his siblings had the 200 acres block split between the four of his siblings my grandfather rent farmed that as his siblings lived elsewhere and in 2000 that land was bought by the guy my grandfather, uncle, and now older brother farm on, I have grown up around that farm and have worked on it when the seasonal work catches up to them
🥔for the long post
Last edited by Gimli54 on Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Samira

Post by Samira »

Nice Farm Historys you guys wrote. Awesome to hear some of this stuff. thanks a lot
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Well, i have not really a farm story as these guys do, but my dad said what we have around here is what we call Hobby Farming, what that is you have a certain amount of land, like 1 or 2 fields, most farmers have about that much land, BUT that dont mean that these other farmers dont have land somewhere else, my school librarian lives just a little under a mile out of town, she let's us cut wood, and if she needs help with something around the house, she calls us, but before her husband passed away from pneumonia (I think that's the right word) They had a Dairy Farm, and the house is crazy awesome, and it use to be a business, but they quit cause he got pneumonia, and someone gutted out the milking equipment from the barn, but its a sight to see, she says it takes 6 hours to mow the lawn, but my friend from High School farms it, and they give her a slice of the profits. I'd love to live on a farm, idc where, also im from northern and southern Nebraska.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

What we've seen so far is about buying a parcel of land and then building or farming what you want to on it.

The way the game is now, you have access to the entire map except the predetermined fields. So you can't plant corn in a certain spot but you can mow all the grass and cut all the trees directly around it. That's not very realistic to me. I think it's a step in the right direction.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Yeah i agree fenix, its a good direction.