Will the engine running be fixed in FS19?

texasplowboy

Will the engine running be fixed in FS19?

Post by texasplowboy »

In FS17 we have a great option! Its manual start of the engine. But it is flawed and I hope Giants fixes it in FS19. The flaw is that once an engine is started it turns off in a very short time after leaving that machine. In real life (not saying FS is real life, but that option is there for manual start) an engine will only shut dow due to a few reasons. Those reasons are...

1- I turn off the engine manual.
2-It runs out of fuel.
3-The engine has some kind of meachnical issue.

The reason this should is fixed is there are some machines that require the engine to be running to operate to be used.
Thanks.
fenixguy

Re: Will the engine running be fixed in FS19?

Post by fenixguy »

I only have that happen if I tab across the map. As long as you stay within a reasonable distance, the engine should stay running.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Peter Griffin

Post by Peter Griffin »

If your on pc you can change the file. It's coded to shut off after a certain distance away. I remember this being a topic once. If your on console your s.o.l.
XBOX/ FS22
Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO

Post by Stegei »

The engine turning of after a while when your not close is an explicitly added and will stay in FS19.
It is primarily there for two reasons:
-Most people want the extra flexibility to keep the motor running, but forget to turn it off too often and would leave them with empty gas tanks all the time.
-The more vehicles are running, the more work needs to be done by the code to update all the states of the running vehicles. Thus turning off vehicles that are not used for a while helps to avoid performance issues in these super bad issues where all vehicles are running at the same time.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I've never had a need to keep a vehicle running if I'm not near it. :confusednew:
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

Some people tab across the map to do something else for 5 seconds =P
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
W1der

Post by W1der »

Stegei wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:56 pm The engine turning of after a while when your not close is an explicitly added and will stay in FS19.
It is primarily there for two reasons:
-Most people want the extra flexibility to keep the motor running, but forget to turn it off too often and would leave them with empty gas tanks all the time.
-The more vehicles are running, the more work needs to be done by the code to update all the states of the running vehicles. Thus turning off vehicles that are not used for a while helps to avoid performance issues in these super bad issues where all vehicles are running at the same time.
OK ... so there is a sort of valid explanation for why it is setup as is.
But ... this also makes the function "useless" (in a way) and causes some frustration.

Could it be setup in combination with the possibility to have a feature where you have the option to only tab to vehicles with the engine running?
This would be really useful ... !

Anyways ... if GIANTS fail to see the reason as to why we request this function (without the automatic "off state"), there are mods that fixes this issue! *thumbsup*
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

W1der wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:22 pm Could it be setup in combination with the possibility to have a feature where you have the option to only tab to vehicles with the engine running?
This would be really useful ... !
Oh my gosh yes! That would be amazing. Hey Giants, do this!
texasplowboy

Post by texasplowboy »

I do tab across vehicals. But that really shouldn't be a valid issue. The code thing maybe. What about a machine that requires a tractor to power it (wood chipper,the contest machine that makes rolled up grass bales as you feed it) driving to the field to get more wood or grass. Not to mention the ideal to restart over and over. The fuel excuse is kinda dumb! The game imo doesn't use fuel in any way acurate. I'm pretty sure a tractor or combine can run doing a job like ploughing or harvesting for 24 hours without useing any real amount of fuel.

This probroly sums it up as usual...
"Anyways ... if GIANTS fail to see the reason as to why we request this function (without the automatic "off state"), there are mods that fixes this issue!
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I tab across vehicles all the time and I rarely have a problem with machines turning off. I try to keep the ones I'll be using in order so I can tab directly between them.
W1der

Post by W1der »

This is triggered by the distance between you and the vehicle ... combined with a timer!?
So pretty much depending on what your doing and where you are on the map ...

The engine usually turns of for me when I am trying to multitask across the map ...

I like my engines running, especially in winter time to keep the cabin warm and not having to cold start my engine over and over again ... :lol:
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

^lol
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

W1der wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:55 pm I like my engines running, especially in winter time to keep the cabin warm and not having to cold start my engine over and over again ... :lol:
I thought I was the only one that did that... I also make sure to let them warm up before I move them. I let the trucks build air before starting off. I move the combine to the workshop the night before harvesting starts to check fluids, change belts/chains, grease everything. Yes, I have issues...
W1der

Post by W1der »

Well, some of us actually thinks this is a simulator ... :blushnew:
BigNRichlll

Post by BigNRichlll »

Some of that stuff is just fun, even if ocd. The engine thing drives me crazy. Luckily my new pc is ready, & if someone will just direct me to the "mod" fix for this, I'll be on my way. TIA
I make jokes that others don't get.