Most Annoying Thing That Happened on FS17

VMB-TAN

Re: Most Annoying Thing That Happened on FS17

Post by VMB-TAN »

Most annoying thing was me: played for four hours, did a massive amount of work, then I quitted without saving...
TacoFarmer wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:33 pm AI decided to park some gear in the lake.
This. In Sosnovka it happened so often :(
TallPaul003

Post by TallPaul003 »

fenixguy wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:25 pm
TallPaul003 wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:43 pm freezing and crashing for me- blamed anything and everything I could but found it was the Meyers 9140RT tipper in the end.

But from that I learnt to save whenever I remember (and before I do anything big!)
That's interesting. I've used that trailer on every save game since it came out.
Seems to be a thing with it on "the 4th tip"- happened to me every time I was trying to sell a pit full of silage at the BGA and on the 4th load, crashing happened. There's a thread on here somewhere, that's how I worked out what it was. Was a shame as I loved the trailer and used it loads before that- put me off for good !
FS17 on XBone
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

Ok I won't say what map because I don't wanna seem like I'm talking stuff about a modder. I had a big tipper full of corn and I was driving to the silo. I got stuck. On nothing. There wasn't a rock or a bush. There was nothing. So I got my other tractor and managed to wedge the tipper free.
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
TallPaul003

Post by TallPaul003 »

Addictedtofs wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:24 pm Ok I won't say what map because I don't wanna seem like I'm talking stuff about a modder. I had a big tipper full of corn and I was driving to the silo. I got stuck. On nothing. There wasn't a rock or a bush. There was nothing. So I got my other tractor and managed to wedge the tipper free.
I wouldn't be worried about offending anyone- if the modder doesn't know their map's doing that, how can they fix it? Honest feedback is integral to producing top quality maps ! You're not slating their design, just drawing their attention to an error that won't get sorted if they're unaware of it
FS17 on XBone
bigcrazewolf

Post by bigcrazewolf »

svkb wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:11 pm I must be lucky, I've never had anything too serious. Most annoying thing for me on pc is the micro stutters or really small dips in FPS. Running along at a smooth 60 fps and then looking at a certain part of the map and then the fps drops just enough to cause the tires to not appear to be turning smoothly. It's frustrating because when I look at the cpu and gpu usage they are both well under 100%. Not sure why it does this but it seems to happen if I look back at my farm yard after I have accumulated several pieces of equipment and my gpu memory usage approaches 3.5 GB.
+1 here

I can play Witcher 3, Kingdome Come Deliverance, and many other games on the highest graphics settings without issue, but still micro stutter playing FS17 :sadnew:
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

TallPaul003 wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:16 pm
Addictedtofs wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:24 pm Ok I won't say what map because I don't wanna seem like I'm talking stuff about a modder. I had a big tipper full of corn and I was driving to the silo. I got stuck. On nothing. There wasn't a rock or a bush. There was nothing. So I got my other tractor and managed to wedge the tipper free.
I wouldn't be worried about offending anyone- if the modder doesn't know their map's doing that, how can they fix it? Honest feedback is integral to producing top quality maps ! You're not slating their design, just drawing their attention to an error that won't get sorted if they're unaware of it
Duly noted.
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
SilverRedman63

Post by SilverRedman63 »

Working for days to fill all the silo's at the BGA and then figuring out you can only use a bucket to empty them out :blushnew:
PC/Xbox1
TallPaul003

Post by TallPaul003 »

SilverRedman63 wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:15 pm Working for days to fill all the silo's at the BGA and then figuring out you can only use a bucket to empty them out :blushnew:
snowblower ?
FS17 on XBone
empato

Post by empato »

TallPaul003 wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:19 pm
SilverRedman63 wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:15 pm Working for days to fill all the silo's at the BGA and then figuring out you can only use a bucket to empty them out :blushnew:
snowblower ?
Conveyor?
BigNRichlll

Post by BigNRichlll »

empato wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:32 pm
snowblower ?
Conveyor?
Ropa miscellaneous pickup device?
I make jokes that others don't get.
hpmc13

Post by hpmc13 »

fenixguy wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:17 pm ^^I forgot about stutter^^ Okay, that's pretty annoying. Happens on all platforms as far as I know. Once my farm gets so big, I try to spread out the equipment so they're not all in the same place.
I do this as well and it helps, as well as using bale storage barns rather than stacking bales on their own.
I found on a map (can't recall which one) that I had ridiculous framedrops in two places specifically on the map. In one spot there were three decorative trucks that had reflective chrome all over them that was causing it. The other spot was near the storage silos. There were about six big silos and one small silo. The small silo had a ladder on it that was hideously complex. The Giants Editor told me that the silo itself used about 3,500 triangles; the ladder used 41,000 - just for the ladder. That seemed excessive to me. In GE I deleted the decorative trucks and the ladder (aesthetically it made no difference) and my framerates leveled out. Even if you never intend to create a mod or a map, learning how to get around in GE to change little things is gold. I play on a fairly middle-of-the-road PC and great numbers of trees will bring it to its knees. Deleting a few hundred trees will make the difference between playable and unplayable for me at times.
Playing on PC
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

BigNRichlll wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:30 pm
empato wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:32 pm

snowblower ?
Conveyor?
Ropa miscellaneous pickup device?
It doesnt fit in GCVs BGA bunkers.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

:lol: Anybody remember when FS17 first released and the trees were falling thru the map?? :lol:
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

I never heard about that glitch and I picked up 17 from Gamestop the day it released then again I normally don’t mess with logging as it holds little appeal to me personally
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

TacoFarmer wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:09 pm :lol: Anybody remember when FS17 first released and the trees were falling thru the map?? :lol:
That was more of a feature than a bug when I was clearing land. :biggrin2:
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!