Most Annoying Thing That Happened on FS17

TheFarmingLegend

Most Annoying Thing That Happened on FS17

Post by TheFarmingLegend »

I’m new to these forums, I’ve had an account for a while but never used it. Same with Farming Simulator, I’ve had it for ages but never played it. (Well that’s a lie I’ve played about 10 hours before now).

Anyway, this thread is for people to post the most annoying thing that has ever happened to them on FS17. Got the idea because something annoying just happened.

I was driving next to my forage harvester with a tractor and trailer when I was kicked out of my game and my whole Xbox was shut off. The last time I saved was before I started harvesting. I was almost finished before it crashed :frown:
Currently playing on Lone Oak Farm map on Xbox One. :biggrin2:
Sixx

Re: Most Annoying Thing That Happened on FS17

Post by Sixx »

Trying to zero out the silage bunker in the Goldcrest cattle area.
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

it's not allways the game that causes a crash. a lot of other things could have caused it. but anyway the most annoying thing just happened to me yesterday was baling straw had about 35 bales or so. (about 3/4 done) and we had some storms and the power went out for about 10 sec. so wasn't to bad but had to start all over again too get back to my 35 bales. I save a lot just soo I don't lose too much...
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

The most annoying thing that happened was when I first saw the seasons mod and new it would never be on consoles. The greatest thing that ever happened was when seasons came to consoles. :lol:

Now when I used to play on PC, almost everyday there was something annoying that happened. Mod conflict, computer crash, save file corruption, wife needed the computer, etc...

Thankfully, I've never experienced a crash on the Xbox other than a power outage. I do save very often just in case.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
svkb

Post by svkb »

I must be lucky, I've never had anything too serious. Most annoying thing for me on pc is the micro stutters or really small dips in FPS. Running along at a smooth 60 fps and then looking at a certain part of the map and then the fps drops just enough to cause the tires to not appear to be turning smoothly. It's frustrating because when I look at the cpu and gpu usage they are both well under 100%. Not sure why it does this but it seems to happen if I look back at my farm yard after I have accumulated several pieces of equipment and my gpu memory usage approaches 3.5 GB.
Ryzen 5 3600
MSI X570 Gaming Plus
16 GB Ram DDR4 3000
RTX 2070 Super
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

^^I forgot about stutter^^ Okay, that's pretty annoying. Happens on all platforms as far as I know. Once my farm gets so big, I try to spread out the equipment so they're not all in the same place.
jamesadams933

Post by jamesadams933 »

lefe1 wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:55 pm we had some storms and the power went out for about 10 sec. so wasn't to bad but had to start all over again too get back to my 35 bales
Getting a UPC i think is the best accessory for my Xbox I've bought yet purely for this reason. you can get one that can power it for a few minutes not to expensive either(I spent $45 on mine) gives you enough time to last a surge or save and turn off if something more serious happens.
TallPaul003

Post by TallPaul003 »

freezing and crashing for me- blamed anything and everything I could but found it was the Meyers 9140RT tipper in the end.

But from that I learnt to save whenever I remember (and before I do anything big!)
FS17 on XBone
BigNRichlll

Post by BigNRichlll »

The most annoying thing for me is a freeze. A crash or power outage you know that you've lost production most likely, but with a freeze, you're sitting there suddenly fervently religious, wondering what happens next. I've even had a freeze on Xbox where upon force quitting the game, it had uninstalled 10-15 mods. I had to go spend a day on myself to regain.
I make jokes that others don't get.
svkb

Post by svkb »

fenixguy wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:17 pm ^^I forgot about stutter^^ Okay, that's pretty annoying. Happens on all platforms as far as I know. Once my farm gets so big, I try to spread out the equipment so they're not all in the same place.
I've started doing this too, it's helped but in my opinion it's really an issue with the game engine itself. If my rig is no where near maxed out and having drops then that tells me it's a software issue. Hopefully the updates they made in FS19 will address this.
Ryzen 5 3600
MSI X570 Gaming Plus
16 GB Ram DDR4 3000
RTX 2070 Super
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

TallPaul003 wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:43 pm freezing and crashing for me- blamed anything and everything I could but found it was the Meyers 9140RT tipper in the end.

But from that I learnt to save whenever I remember (and before I do anything big!)
That's interesting. I've used that trailer on every save game since it came out.

I save every time I pull up the menu. It's just habit.
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

AI decided to park some gear in the lake.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
Irish farmer 91

Post by Irish farmer 91 »

I had been playing for round 5 hours, was really getting ahead. My 3 yr old niece was running round the house and in n out of the rooms all evenin wen she decided to stop and press the eject button on ps4. Lost so much work. Ever since I make sure to save every 15 or 20 minutes wen ever the nieces or nephews areally about
Playing on Ps4
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

I don’t normally loose much save data the only times I have is during power outages which are rare
TheFarmingLegend

Post by TheFarmingLegend »

TacoFarmer wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:33 pm AI decided to park some gear in the lake.
:lol:

AI choose to annoy me quite a lot. Like when I’m sowing whilst they are cultivating in front of me they decide to brake check me! And me being me I put the tractor on cruise control, put my earphones in to listen to a podcast, with a drink, I go straight into them.
Currently playing on Lone Oak Farm map on Xbox One. :biggrin2: