Big Bud: FS 19

FarmingRemasterd

Re: Big Bud: FS 19

Post by FarmingRemasterd »

hmm.. thanks for that vertification. thats interesting
Massey Ferguson For Life. If it ain't red, leave it in the shed.
Rules for yall...viewtopic.php?f=893&t=74799
Manure is for the fields...not the forum.
AgPro Farms

Post by AgPro Farms »

For what it's worth, I believe one of the release photos showed the Brent auger wagon behind the JD tractor dumping into a Wilson style trailer. I would love to have the Great Plains planter, Brent wagon, the Hatz drill, and Flexi-Coil. Those are my go to implements. Ha. I wouldn't mind the BB 450 if I could get duals.
AgPro Farms
PS4 User
Mississippi, USA
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

^^I'm with you 100% but that's not a Brent wagon in the picture with the JD. Lisertan confirmed it's a new brand. Not that it matters, it's an auger wagon.

As long as there are big implements to compare with what came in the BB DLC (18m+) it'll be good with me.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
AgPro Farms

Post by AgPro Farms »

Ah ha, ok. I just assumed it was the Brent. Well now I'm intrigued. Lol. Yep, give me 18+ working width, I'm happy. I always liked the Great Plains planter because of the size and ridge markers. Us ol' console folks haven't moved into the new age of GPS farming yet. :lol:
AgPro Farms
PS4 User
Mississippi, USA
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

DeereJason wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:53 pm
BigC92 wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:51 am Actually it kinda does, and what ever the dont put in the base game, it'll be as a mod. So i do expect to see BB in fs19 with everything in it. I know not everything will be carried over, but i think BB will make the cut.
Actually, it doesn't. Licenses aren't just a one time purchase and are usually required to be renewed based on the product. FS17 was one product, FS19 is another. Lis has already indicated that not all brands from DLC's will make it into the game and was indicated that "it depends on the license".

In reality, the Big Bud DLC included just 2 items (tractors) from the Big Bud brand. All the rest are their own brands. Flexicoil is owned by CNHi (Case-New Holland). Seed Hawk is now owned by Vaderstad and carries the Vaderstad branding and colors along side the Seed Hawk name. A Bednar seeder was shown in the pre-order photos, therefore the Bednar brand has pretty much been verified to be in the game. No word on Gregoire-Besson, Agrisem, Great Plains, Hatzenbichler, Brent or Brochard.
Ok i thought that if they got it, it'll be with them forever, i guess i dont fully understand how licenses work.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Case in point would be FS2008-2009 having Fendt tractors and not getting that brand back until FS17.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

AgPro Farms wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:03 pm Ah ha, ok. I just assumed it was the Brent. Well now I'm intrigued. Lol. Yep, give me 18+ working width, I'm happy. I always liked the Great Plains planter because of the size and ridge markers. Us ol' console folks haven't moved into the new age of GPS farming yet. :lol:
I dont even use ridge markers.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
Kruelkamo

Post by Kruelkamo »

If I understand it correctly, I don't see them losing the Big Buds considering they (the Welkers) have been a big influence in-game (Welker Farm and their involvement with the game). Now like I said before, if I understand correctly, I think the Welkers have the rights to the Big Bud name or? I'm not 100% understanding on that, but even if they don't, I'm sure they have a big influence on whoever does. Anyway, my point is that I believe the Big Bud brand would be here to stay and I don't see a reason why FS would want to tarnish such a good relationship with such a great real world farming community that appreciates what Giants has done and is doing. If anything, I think FS would want to look further into the Big Bud brand for future DLCs. I for one would buy a future BB DLC no questions asked just because I enjoyed it so much in FS17.
Legion Hills Logging on PC
Earnest Pea

Post by Earnest Pea »

No the Welkers don't own the rights to the Big Bud brand. They just use some Big Bud tractors. I recall Nick Welker mentioning that the original makers of the Big Bud are thinking of restarting production in a new facility.
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

They just use the tractors like Earnest Pea said.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

I seem to recall Big Bud are made by the ‘big equipment company’ or something along those lines. I saw a welker video, I think it was where they made the big brute and they did a wander around the big bud company yard looking at what was left of the machinery after the fire they had not too long ago.
Earnest Pea

Post by Earnest Pea »

I believe that's the "Northern Manufacturing Company" owned by Ron Harmon.
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

You could be right. I think the big equipment company is or was based in the old big bud factory but mainly did maintenance on buds there. I think this was after the Northern manufacturing closed down.
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

The original company was called "Northern Equipment Company" but that changed to just "Big Bud Tractors"...I believe when Ron Harmon bought it. Now he operates a company is called "Big Equipment Company" and they sell other brands of equipment (like Versatile) as well as rebuild and refurbish Big Bud tractors.

Big Bud tractors haven't been made in a while, but they were supposed to start up production again...including a 4 track machine. This was until they had a fire last winter and was pretty much a complete loss. They intend to rebuild but I don't know what the future exactly holds.