Welker farms review

Dignplow

Welker farms review

Post by Dignplow »

So and friend and I have been hammering the heck out of this map. Its big and brutal at first and Id suggest logging to get money as the pricing on the Fruits VARYS WIDLY and as you sell it DROPS LIKE A ROCK. Not sure if this is a normal setting but seems a bit over the top. I think its updating to quick as in should be once an hour and now its like once every 5 minutes.

Mappers Paradise have u gone missing because the technical thread has no more responses from you. Changing the Spawn direction and correct amount of storage are two big ones. Also in small forestry area with logs found two trees planted half way into the earth but was able to use chainsaw and get them out.

The trigger for storage of fruit is very small and could do with it being further forward of it a bit.

Spots in fields already talked about so no biggie.

Also nicks major Silo area for sales has a train connected to it wondering why that was not put in the map just curious. Having no missions and if you start with Normal map and just basic loan on this map while not doing forestry is brutal. I tried the Hagenstadt bank and that made it worse. Is there a possibility of missions. Also I am not sure where the field pricing is coming from but I have done research on useable farmable land in Montana and its no where near the price the game has. I get paying for stuff but its a game not a job so could we review that as well please. Love the map so far.
Dignplow

Re: Welker farms review

Post by Dignplow »

I took a long hiatus so the price thing I might be out of touch on.
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

Good solid map for the discerning player.

Unfortunately it's not for me. I like a map with a mixture of field sizes. If I can start with small fields, that's even better. That way I can start with small equipment so my vehicles and machines expand with my needs.

I don't like what I call "metal bushes."
If my huge vehicle can't run over a small bush, it's aggravating and unrealistic. This map is full of collision and tight throughways, which is an annoyance on a map that seems to require bigger equipment.

I own a cattle farm in real life so I live for animals in this game. It's one of my main motivations that drives me. The pursuit of an exceedingly bigger herd keeps me turnin and burnin for hours on end. I understand that they don't have them in real life, but this is a video game. I'm sure they don't have gold nuggets in a hole somewhere either.

For fans of Welker farms on youtube, I can see the attraction. But from a gameplay perspective, it falls flat for me.
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
ThatCanadianGuy

Post by ThatCanadianGuy »

I'm the other way, I can't stand cattle in the game. I have tried having a cattle based game and end up forgetting about them because I am working the grain side, but each to their own.

The steel bushes are excessive. I hadn't played in a few days, tried going past the shop in the dark and got hung up on that stupid bush in the yard.

My biggest pet peeve on the map is some of the dips in the fields are to steep and deep for the big equipment so you end up with misses all over the place.

Overall it is one of the best American maps for what I am used to farming in real life. When I farmed with my uncle we were just 215miles north east so it gets a thumbs up for that.
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.
Dignplow

Post by Dignplow »

Last night I went through and modified field 1 to even it out. My friend and I bought field 18 (about had a heart attack at the price) and proceeded to import the 120 tree per pallet mod and run 4 tractors on helper at a time to get it planted. We have learned that lumber is the money and harvesting fruits is the change. I am looking at adding factories and trying to change it up more. Pretty much just waiting till November to hit FS19 hard as I can with a server and enjoying it. Would be nice though if this map got some mild tweaks for what I mentioned and the other things mentioned here.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I think for a Montana wheat farm it's perfect. I've followed the Welker YouTube channel for a long time and it's nice to be able to virtually visit a familliar location.

The map is not to my taste for the game though. I like a different style I suppose. I'm not sure why some people think every map has to be exactly the way they want it. We have a multitude of excellent maps and since the game's release, I've played seriously on about 5 of them. The others are great, just not to my taste.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

I think plenty of people wish they could have their farm exactly the way they want it, so much so that the next game is entirely built around that premise.
Last edited by Addictedtofs on Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

^^Exactly right^^
Chad

Post by Chad »

Ok, going to play the dunce role,(very familiar with it) here. WTH are "fruits"? Did I miss something on the map? I didn't see any orchards or anything.
44mfarmall

Post by 44mfarmall »

^^ they are talking about wheat ,barley,canola,beans ect ect ....
The Men,
The Myths,
The Legendary teams
we all know them as
the Modders and Developers
of this awesome franchise
we call Farming Simulator :this:
Heroes : All Modders
PS4 player
Dignplow

Post by Dignplow »

I get that we have different maps and I am not saying I want it all MY way on this map. I am though saying somethings that integrate with what NICK the welker farm guys shows on his youtube video and being true to what his farm is. Its a review and reviews have things one might hope would change but accept if it isnt.

Also i just watched a video showing u can store grain at the tanks at the main house but in the map we have nothing to represent that and be nice if that was added as well
chuckGnades

Post by chuckGnades »

i play with seasons and for some reason it takes the prices of straw and hay and grass to zero. why is that? it's hard enough to get started with no animals or biogas, now I cant even sell the straw.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

^^^Only loose straw and hay. You have to bale it first with seasons. It's just another IRL thing that seasons adds. And you can't sell loose grass or grass bales because you also cant IRL.
empato

Post by empato »

chuckGnades wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:55 am i play with seasons and for some reason it takes the prices of straw and hay and grass to zero. why is that? it's hard enough to get started with no animals or biogas, now I cant even sell the straw.
It´s explained in the manual.

The prices of some produce, which normally would not be sold by a farm, have been reduced to 0. This currently includes grass, hay and straw that hasn’t been baled and also grass bales. Hay, silage and straw bales can be sold as usual.
chuckGnades

Post by chuckGnades »

empato wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:53 am
chuckGnades wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:55 am i play with seasons and for some reason it takes the prices of straw and hay and grass to zero. why is that? it's hard enough to get started with no animals or biogas, now I cant even sell the straw.
It´s explained in the manual.

The prices of some produce, which normally would not be sold by a farm, have been reduced to 0. This currently includes grass, hay and straw that hasn’t been baled and also grass bales. Hay, silage and straw bales can be sold as usual.
oh ok. so i just have to bale it up. yeah i only tested it with loose straw from the loading wagon. ok cool thanks for the response.