Let's ask the hard questions about FS19

tom5051
Boardurlaub/Boardholidays

Re: Let's ask the hard questions about FS19

Post by tom5051 »

Smith Modding wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:54 pm Wow. What do you do for a living?
Male prostitute. He really *censored* at his job too...
FarmerDan72

Post by FarmerDan72 »

Maybe he plays for Manchester United.
PS4
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

His signature says he works in a gold mine, which is believable. Making half a million+ a day, not so much. But who am I to judge?

Hey, anyone remember Erica Von from the early days of FS17?
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

^ i do.
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

^Same here :lol: let's hope we don't get a repeat of that...
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

I wasn’t on the forum until the beginning of this year can on of y’all tell me who y’all are talking about
wildberry

Post by wildberry »

Smith Modding wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:57 pmare you expecting like 120FPS or something?
Trust me, lots of people have the misguided notion that they can actually see any difference above 60 fps. FS17 runs a steady 60fps for me on a not so old machine and I bet the vanilla maps will stay close to that (Seasons is the only thing that makes it drop below 60 fps on my machine).

As for traffic, they said they won't change it because of abuse in the past. Sounds like a pathetic principal from a cartoon instead of a reason (as it's not a reason just a bad excuse). Now, if they said they skipped traffic to focus on other things to improve for FS19 I would accept that, but right now it seems like we get stuck to unrealistic AI traffic for another FS release for no reason at all.
MC, aka Master of Cereals
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

wildberry wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:53 pm Trust me, lots of people have the misguided notion that they can actually see any difference above 60 fps. FS17 runs a steady 60fps for me on a not so old machine and I bet the vanilla maps will stay close to that (Seasons is the only thing that makes it drop below 60 fps on my machine).
I largely agree, but I guess everyone is different and apparently some can see a difference at up to 90FPS (though how much of that is placebo I've no idea). Certainly for a relatively slow-paced game like Farming Simulator 60FPS should be perfectly fine for 95% of people.

Obviously with a standard 60Hz monitor or TV anything beyond 60FPS is a complete waste anyway. Where the likes of FreeSync and GSync truly shine on the more expensive gaming monitors is the smoother-looking frame-rate at lower Hz, not the headline-grabbing upper limit.
wildberry

Post by wildberry »

this_is_gav wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:54 pmapparently some can see a difference at up to 90FPS
Amazing seeing how science finds fighter pilots only can tell diffence up to 75fps... :lol:
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

wildberry wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:01 pm
this_is_gav wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:54 pmapparently some can see a difference at up to 90FPS
Amazing seeing how science finds fighter pilots only can tell diffence up to 75fps... :lol:
Like I say, I don't know how much is placebo. Just from reading a few articles, mainly this one: How many frames per second can the human eye really see?.

I certainly can't see a difference after 60FPS.
cmdrbyron

Post by cmdrbyron »

wildberry wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:01 pm Amazing seeing how science finds fighter pilots only can tell diffence up to 75fps... :lol:
Again, you are leaving out some important contextual information, with an unsubstantiated claim.

The ability of a human to perceive visual difference across time comprises several factors. In the case of attempting to determine "refresh rate" (pardon the informality) of a human being, three of the more significant aspects affecting this perception are the relative size of an object (to the overall field-of view, including peripheral), the rate of rotation of said object (relative to the point of observation - they eye), and the relative density of discrete features/objects within the field of view.

Independently, they have a moderate effect. However, when considered in relation to one another, the impact becomes increasingly significant.

So, ultimately, the short answer is "it depends" (not only on each individual's biologic make-up/capabilities). Someone with higher-than-average ability to discriminate changes in an optical scene can score lower than "ideal" when presented with complex scenes. Likewise, someone with a below-average ability to discriminate such changes could score higher when presented with simpler scenes. There are several benchmarks out there, and not all are looking to demonstrate the same thing. For instance, some are geared towards demonstrating the benefits of higher-refresh rates, whereas others are geared towards the opposite.

Consider now these elements in the context of FS. At any given time, you can expect to have multiple discrete objects of varying levels of detail, with varying rates of (perceived) rotation. Now consider the processing load required to refresh each item, changing not only the two object-specific items I previously mentioned, but also orientation.

Try appreciating the complexities that have already been (and continue to be) overcome, rather than seeking an opportunity to sow discord.
coolfarmer

Post by coolfarmer »

Please Giants, please fix this :
wildberry

Post by wildberry »

cmdrbyron wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:44 pmAgain, you are leaving out some important contextual information, with an unsubstantiated claim.
thank you for reminding me why i left this forum, snobby folks like you
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

coolfarmer wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:14 pm Please Giants, please fix this :
Good catch, this should not happen in 2018 !
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

Gimli54 wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:12 pm I wasn’t on the forum until the beginning of this year can on of y’all tell me who y’all are talking about
I’ll secind this who was Erica Von? Name rings a bell