Let's ask the hard questions about FS19

fenixguy

Re: Let's ask the hard questions about FS19

Post by fenixguy »

Patrick73 wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:20 pmI’ll secind this who was Erica Von?
Amish farmer with 800 acres of land, one of a kind, custom built Alienware laptop because she knew someone that worked there, ordered a Challenger MT755, when asked for pictures it was destroyed by the delivery driver on a low bridge, couldn't take pictures of the damage because of reasons, backed out of the purchase because there was no way to get the tractor to the farm or something... Left forum not long after that.

Sorry, this has went way off topic. Didn't mean to do that. Anyway, come on November 20th!
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
cmdrbyron

Post by cmdrbyron »

wildberry wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:33 pm
cmdrbyron wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:44 pmAgain, you are leaving out some important contextual information, with an unsubstantiated claim.
thank you for reminding me why i left this forum, snobby folks like you
If trying to clarify a statement to prevent others from being led astray is considered "snobby", then what would you call using baseless claims to preach narrow-minded, biased views?

Was hoping for constructive discussion - appears you are not interested.
Weasle

Post by Weasle »

I havent seen the info on it, I may of missed.

Specifically for console players I ask. Do people on PS4 or Xbox one, get improved draw distance or does the game engine let the console use more of its power so we do not have to deal with crops popping into our view distance.

Also I bet the guy cannot give us directions to the motherload gold mine due to , too many low bridges.

I use to live in Alaska and never heard of no 10k every 10 mins lol.
parad0x177

Post by parad0x177 »

Weasle wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:35 pm Specifically for console players I ask. Do people on PS4 or Xbox one, get improved draw distance or does the game engine let the console use more of its power so we do not have to deal with crops popping into our view distance.
Unfortunately, consoles have always been and are still less capable than their PC contemporaries. The things that make consoles appealing are the same things that wind up limiting their performance potential. Really, it’s just one of life’s trade-offs and will probably remain so for the foreseeable future.

So, while it is possible these things may be improved in ‘19 on the consoles, at least relative to ‘17 on a console, it is a near certainty that it won’t be as good as ‘19 on a capable PC.

(Oh, and don’t forget: The hardware specs for consoles won’t really have changed by release day, but changing PC requirements is just a matter of changing the label on the box. :wink3:)
Weasle

Post by Weasle »

Ok I get it, you are a pc elitist, how about someone posting actually changes to the game engine to allow consoles to run it better.

Its not just hardware limitations but how it uses the systems core power. So please let a developer or someone from giants answer the question and take your pc master race elsewhere with speculation.
fcdrifter13

Post by fcdrifter13 »

Saying its in the code doesnt magically make it true. Console hardware is behind PC no matter how you cut it, thats not an elitist thing to say in the least it is realistic. So lets say we up your draw distance, things in other areas are gonna take a hit, you have to remember also your box is not only playing the game but doing all the other things in the background that consoles offer, friendslists, messaging, voice comms, all this takes power from the console that then is not allowed to be used in the game. It is limited by the overall power of the console, but that is limited again by all that fluff. the PS4Pro runs at 2.1 clock speed, that is pretty slow even for an 8 core CPU, and while the TFLOPs are higher on the GPU like 4 something, that is not a good metric on performance, basically its all numbers that look great when comparing console to console but when you go to PC its very, meh. All the good looking games that really push the hardware are built from the ground up to run on those systems not as a port.
Survival Start of The Calm Lands. Currently have built homes for our workers, so we actually get workers.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... H-DmlmlDQT
Weasle

Post by Weasle »

All im looking for is a yes or no answer from someone who knows, did draw distance get improved.. Not a bunch of pc power rig dummies throwing thier two cents in having a circle jerk who has more ram.

Pc has more power and better mods? You dont say? Thanks for stating the obvious and wasting air.
Last edited by Weasle on Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
fcdrifter13

Post by fcdrifter13 »

you are the one getting offensive not us. And from the GC trailer i can tell you that there is an improvement in the death bubble if thats the answer you are looking for.
Survival Start of The Calm Lands. Currently have built homes for our workers, so we actually get workers.
Weasle

Post by Weasle »

That trailer is not recorded from, nor is it being played on a console.
fcdrifter13

Post by fcdrifter13 »

then look at the people playing it at gamescon, it looks improved there as well
Weasle

Post by Weasle »

Welp pc master race has spoken folks. Since the game is more graphic intensive and takes more to run , our sorry weak consoles wont run it as good. So that means reduced draw distance on consoles, even worse than FS17.

The experts have spoken. No point getting this game if you are console.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Ill be playing it on PS4, they did amp up the graphics as far as i can tell, it looks awesome, also how do you know for a fact that consoles will get a "reduced draw distance"? Did a Giants employee say this somewhere? I never seen it.
Weasle

Post by Weasle »

Ask the pc master race above, they have the answers. Whoever has the most powerful system is more right in the answer.

Ask the guy with the 10k computer above.

At any rate check out fcdrifters lone oak start with nothing playthrough. Its really good.
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

The draw distance looked improved and I’m a console guy man but you don’t have to be so harsh to the pc guys they’re just trying to help not be rude and speaking for consoles we are limited in horsepower because consoles are typically more budget friendly and are plug and play that’s a trade off we have to live with like drifter said, the game looks great as it is to me personally I’d rather they improve other aspect of the game such as workers rather than graphics but that’s my two cents
fcdrifter13

Post by fcdrifter13 »

Weasle wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:42 am Ask the pc master race above, they have the answers. Whoever has the most powerful system is more right in the answer.

Ask the guy with the 10k computer above.

At any rate check out fcdrifters lone oak start with nothing playthrough. Its really good.
seriously why are you so volatile, i just dont get it. I run a high core count CPU i run into the same exact problem you are running into on console I gave you a legit answer that there was an improvment, twice once in the trailer and once from known footage on a console. what more do you want. You look like a child yelling PCMR all the time when someone tries to help you