Field 17 on the Lone Oak Farm map?

ekeenan

Field 17 on the Lone Oak Farm map?

Post by ekeenan »

I finally started using a different map and the Lone Oak Farm map is it. I started by harvesting the fields on the map to build up my account. All was fine until I got to field 17. The first time I tried harvesting the field, I could not finish in time and then just now, I tried again and still the same result. I noticed that the specs of the field is 3.20 ha, but I am doubting this is not accurate. This field could actually be 4 to 6 ha. As it is now, any contract work on this field could be problematic because of the possible size and timing issue.

Edward K.
ekeenan

Re: Field 17 on the Lone Oak Farm map?

Post by ekeenan »

I should have pointed out that this is involving missions.

Edward K.
ekeenan

Post by ekeenan »

I may have figured it out, but BulletBill will have to look into the issue to see if this is the case. If I choose the root "fields" in the editor and recalculate the field sizes, field 17 is changed to "6.486". The only question is were other fields off as well? Did the recalculation fix the issue or did it break something?
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

You are correct the field size value is off in GE, but only for that field hence the time issue.
The calculate field script only calculates field def area not actual painted terrainDetailLayer, so I calculate the actual field sizes manually, but it looks as if I missed just that 1 field.

I would send an update but with GIANTS Q&A team getting more and more busy with Fs19 testing its unlikely it would be released much before Fs19 is released.

But thanks for finding the issue though, least we know why the missions were off, and we didn't realize that missions don't just use field defs but also use the field size value to work out the time for missions.
Weasle

Post by Weasle »

See I knew this field was messed up. Ive been failing missions on it since day one so I just ignore missions on it now
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

Weasle wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:51 am See I knew this field was messed up. Ive been failing missions on it since day one so I just ignore missions on it now
It is actually possible to complete some of the missions on this field still. Our testers had a little challenge and managed it. Consider it the ultimate mission challenge.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Yup, when seeing the issues reported on F17 I checked yesterday and managed to complete a mission with something like 20 seconds left (one headland, then east-west and finish that bit off before finishing what remained of the south-north bit on the east of the field) - whether it can be done for all tasks I've no idea, but it did (just) work with the New Holland CR10.90 and 45ft Draper cutter.

Probably best to just ignore missions on this field if the super-tight time limit bothers you though.
Weasle

Post by Weasle »

It depends on the job or implement of you fail or not. It is best to ignore it.