Open(ish) map with little to no trees

MT2007

Open(ish) map with little to no trees

Post by MT2007 »

Hey, does anyone know of any good Midwest/Great Plains maps with open areas without a lot of trees? Looking for something similar to NE Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming, Saskatchewan. Something with a nice farm yard with big shops???? Thanks!
Airborne82nd

Re: Open(ish) map with little to no trees

Post by Airborne82nd »

I want the same thing. Hopefully on the next game when we can create our own farms, we can get something more midwest like, or create it. But for right now, Welker Farms is the closest you'll get. That's my favorite b/c it's more like the the type of map you cite on consoles. On PC, i mean you have many different mods over there you can get them. South West Texas being one.
MT2007

Post by MT2007 »

Looking for pc. Yeah I checked out Welker, just looking for something a little different. Just don’t want many trees at all, I suppose I could cut them down, but that’s a pain. Might have to just do that and place some big buildings.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Welker Farms is a real place in Montana. I don't think you'll get much closer than that.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
MT2007

Post by MT2007 »

Yea I know this, but it’s central MT, that’s different than NE Montana. Haha
Airborne82nd

Post by Airborne82nd »

Oh, well on PC you're in luck. You fellas have it great over there. One i know off the top of my head is North West Texas, Saskatchewan another. Iowa, West Central etc. Too many to name. I don't know how you get access to those mods on PC though, but they're def there.

I think what the Devs and many modders do, is try and bunch all the different things available in the game, on one map. And so you have all the trees for the timber folks, you have all the animal stuff, and it just congests the maps on many things some of us may not need or use. But on PC, you have a lot of great maps like that to choose from. I think the "Modhub" is where you go for that.
MT2007

Post by MT2007 »

Maybe I’ll try my hand at making a map, or editing one. Just looking for something with a big open yard to put big bins, shops, etc. much like farms here. Also would like fields without trees as there are none here either.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

^^Agreed^^ Some maps don't need all animals and forests. For example, Welker Farms doesn't raise animals so they were not included in the map. Then people complained that Welker Farms' map didn't have animals. The whole build your own farm for FS19 is going to be wonderful!
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
MT2007

Post by MT2007 »

^^Yeah I’m excited to see it. Hopefully it doesn’t *censored*! Not getting my hopes up. I usually play on PS4 but just trying PC until 19 comes out so I can have more mods and better maps.
Airborne82nd

Post by Airborne82nd »

fenixguy wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:42 pm ^^Agreed^^ Some maps don't need all animals and forests. For example, Welker Farms doesn't raise animals so they were not included in the map. Then people complained that Welker Farms' map didn't have animals. The whole build your own farm for FS19 is going to be wonderful!
Yep, i think FS 19 is gonna be the best yet. Guess we'll see but i'm looking forward.
MT2007

Post by MT2007 »

Has anyone tried editing maps?
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

MT2007 wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:57 pm Hey, does anyone know of any good Midwest/Great Plains maps with open areas without a lot of trees? Looking for something similar to NE Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming, Saskatchewan. Something with a nice farm yard with big shops???? Thanks!
Westbridge Hills is pretty close to what you are asking for. It has all animals but none are at the home farm so you can ignore them if you want. Big sheds and grain storage at home. Basically just decorative hardwood trees with no real forested areas. Huge open fields.
MT2007

Post by MT2007 »

Yeah I’ve tried it, not really what I’m looking for, thanks though.
wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

Well then it looks like you better start learning GE and make your own map. Again not hatin just sayin.
ThatCanadianGuy

Post by ThatCanadianGuy »

search out "Northern Alberta" (I think that is what it is called)
The yard isn't perfect but I grassed over the small field south of the farm yard and made it into a equipment storage area. I also merged fields to make them bigger. The map has some idiosyncrasies but overall it is a nice map.
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.