FS19: PC or Xbox??

FarmerGerz18

FS19: PC or Xbox??

Post by FarmerGerz18 »

I have been playing FS on Xbox since FS13 through to the current FS17.
But I am thinking of changing to PC when FS19 is released but I am still undecided to stay with Xbox.

After seeing recent FS19 Xbox gameplay footage from Gamescom I'm even more undecided because it looks very impressive.
Does anyone know what PC requirements are needed for FS19.
Xbox One
jamesadams933

Re: FS19: PC or Xbox??

Post by jamesadams933 »

Farming Simulator 19 Minimum PC requirements:
64-bit Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
2.5Ghz Intel or an equivalent AMD quad-core processor
Nvidia Geforce GTX 560, AMD Radeon HD 7770, or better (min 2GB Vram, DX11 support)
4GB Ram
20GB free hard drive space
Sound card
DVD-Rom drive (for retail versions)

these specs will run the game decently
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

FarmerGerz18 wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:04 pm After seeing recent FS19 Xbox gameplay footage from Gamescom
We haven't seen any Xbox gameplay footage to my knowledge. It was confirmed on here by Giants that it's a PC using an Xbox controller. Either way, I'm sure it's going to look fantastic on all platforms.

If money and time is no object and you don't mind some minor troubleshooting now and then, go with PC. I've done both and enjoyed them equally. I find that I actually play the game more on console. When I was on PC (FS2011-15) most of my time was downloading, editing, fixing, and eventually deleting mods.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

fenixguy wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:54 pm
FarmerGerz18 wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:04 pm After seeing recent FS19 Xbox gameplay footage from Gamescom
We haven't seen any Xbox gameplay footage to my knowledge. It was confirmed on here by Giants that it's a PC using an Xbox controller. Either way, I'm sure it's going to look fantastic on all platforms.

If money and time is no object and you don't mind some minor troubleshooting now and then, go with PC. I've done both and enjoyed them equally. I find that I actually play the game more on console. When I was on PC (FS2011-15) most of my time was downloading, editing, fixing, and eventually deleting mods.
I feel ya.
the big print giveth the small print taketh
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

I would say in all fairness the answer is subjective.. I play on both.. I love playing on my pc for many reasons.. better visuals and load times and the ability to fine tune my play thru via mods, xml edits, so on and so forth.. I can even use GE to make personal edits to maps to suit my style and so far ive made 2 personal maps that only me and my wife have as well as a handful of other mods ive created.. ive been lucky in that I don't think ive spent too much time downloading and stuff.. usually when I want a mod I have a general idea of exactly what I want for the farm im playing.. but with that said I also greatly enjoy the simplicity of playing on my xbone.. there r a bunch of great mods on console these days and for what im lacking its nice trying to find cost/time effective ways to accomplish my goals for the farm using the more "limited" options available.. ive spent many a cozy morning sipping a cup of coffee playing fs17 on my xbone.. I would argue that playing on pc is worth it for so many reasons.. but be cautious not to let downloading and editing steal the fun from u.. and should u go the pc route I would also say.. don't sell yourself short on your console.. lots of fun is still to be had either way
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
BullFarmer

Post by BullFarmer »

PC.
Easy decision really, having Courseplay available makes the game 10x better and lets you do a lot more.

Not to mention the unlicenced mods, PC exclusive DLCs (straw harvest for example) and no slot limits, worker limits or bale limits that make PC so much better than consoles.
Playing on PS4 and PC.
I7 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, GTX960 2Gb graphics.

Farmer/tractor driver in real life.
mattbrun12

Post by mattbrun12 »

PrincessJessi84 wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:02 am I would say in all fairness the answer is subjective.. I play on both.. I love playing on my pc for many reasons.. better visuals and load times and the ability to fine tune my play thru via mods, xml edits, so on and so forth.. I can even use GE to make personal edits to maps to suit my style and so far ive made 2 personal maps that only me and my wife have as well as a handful of other mods ive created.. ive been lucky in that I don't think ive spent too much time downloading and stuff.. usually when I want a mod I have a general idea of exactly what I want for the farm im playing.. but with that said I also greatly enjoy the simplicity of playing on my xbone.. there r a bunch of great mods on console these days and for what im lacking its nice trying to find cost/time effective ways to accomplish my goals for the farm using the more "limited" options available.. ive spent many a cozy morning sipping a cup of coffee playing fs17 on my xbone.. I would argue that playing on pc is worth it for so many reasons.. but be cautious not to let downloading and editing steal the fun from u.. and should u go the pc route I would also say.. don't sell yourself short on your console.. lots of fun is still to be had either way
I have both as well and agree completely with this. I spend more time on PC looking for or changing things, on xbox I just end up playing more.
FS19 / PC
stevoxsi

Post by stevoxsi »

Xbox for me. I know it'll run it, all the mods will work, I'll be comfy on the sofa with a big tv, better sound set up and it stops me cheating and fiddling with stuff. Basically plug and play and more time just playing the game.
Fs11-15 on pc. Fs17 & 19 on xb1.
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

Have pretty much decided to go with PC for FS19 although I agree with all the pro-console arguments others have made above. Giants have done a great job with 15 & 17 for console players and I’m sure they will again with 19 but simulators are just suited way better to PC than consoles and I want access to mods like coureplay and to not have to wait and hope that mods will be adapted by their authors for consoles when they pop up on the mod hub.

That all said, one final pro for consoles that nobody’s yet mentioned - season pass. I only waited to buy 17 until about January after it released (as I was late to 15 and still playing it) and I picked up the season pass version for the cost of the base PC version. Great value for money.

edit: one final point against consoles I just remembered tho - limited save game and mod memory allocation. Unless something changes with that in 19.
Farmer Foley

Post by Farmer Foley »

Just another 2 or 3 cents worth.. with console you dont have to worry if your PC spec is good enough, i enjoy Xbox as i have a 4K UHD tv to play on and as FS17 and 19 are 4k enhanced the picture quality is what i expect and better than a pc unless it takes 4k and you have a monitor or screen that is 4k..as far as mod allocation,i never use in game slots to any where near the given amount and only have 65% usage on map and mod downloads from the 4gb allowed..people go on about course play etc..personally when im working a farm there is only me..so one vehicle at a time unless i hire someone but the fun for me is getting the equipment there driving the great maps the modders have done..
You keep a Troshin :hi:
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

stevoxsi wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:42 am Xbox for me. I'll be comfy on the sofa with a big tv, better sound set up
I played 15 on my laptop plugged into my 42in tv with an Xbox controller. If I was going to get a gaming PC, it would stay in the living room.
Farmer Foley

Post by Farmer Foley »

yep mines a 50" with surround sound system..just imagine when the big guys fire their engines up..the littles ones are great too...ha ha.
You keep a Troshin :hi:
stevoxsi

Post by stevoxsi »

fenixguy wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:13 pmI played 15 on my laptop plugged into my 42in tv with an Xbox controller. If I was going to get a gaming PC, it would stay in the living room.
My pc needs to be multi purpose, work, kids will need it and so on, so having it in the living room doesn't suit any more, having said that I did the same with fs15 as you, but my laptop isn't up to running 17 let alone 19, so console works better for me now.
Fs11-15 on pc. Fs17 & 19 on xb1.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

^^Same here^^ The wife confiscated our laptop for work and our desktop struggled with FS13 on low.
FarmerGerz18

Post by FarmerGerz18 »

Thanks for all the info and advice in your comments.

I think I'm going to get FS19 for both Xbox and PC and have the best of both worlds. Its easier and fun to play on Xbox and good to chill out on the sofa while doing the bigger and time consuming jobs.
My PC system is more than capable to run the game and I will use the PC version to be more adventurous with the mods available and extra functionality.
Xbox One