Brent Avalanche 1596 Tire Treads

RODHA

Brent Avalanche 1596 Tire Treads

Post by RODHA »

I haven't noticed that before but those tire treads are facing the wrong direction.

PS5 / FS22
ThatCanadianGuy

Re: Brent Avalanche 1596 Tire Treads

Post by ThatCanadianGuy »

None powered wheels work better that way, they will float up on mud better and there is a belief they wear slower also.
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.
Matt26

Post by Matt26 »

It's the same in reality.

crash

Post by crash »

wears bettor on road, and steering if, on front axle is better
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Well, obviously it works on soil with those treads on an auger wagon but on a directional treaded car tire if you put the tires on like that you could blow them up at high speeds.
PS5 / FS22
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

the main reason for reversing tread direction on directional none driven tyres is the increase in braking efficiency both on and off the road, else increasing the traction of ground-drives that are used for metering systems on implements else turn one ore more components of the implement.

reversing the tyres provides 30% or more greater braking effect, as if the tyres are left in their conventional orientation under heavy braking lose soil, mud or stones etc are pushed towards the centre of the tyre, which causes the tyre to ride-up onto this soil, mud or stones etc and lockup prematurely while continuing to ride upon more soil, mud or stones etc that's being pushed towards the tyre centre.

by reversing the tyre, under the same heavy braking, soil, mud or stones etc are pushed to the outside of the tyre clearing its path, giving the tyre a grater propensity to dig-in under braking and reach higher retardation forces before lockup occurs, translating to greater stopping force (or greater driving force for ground-drives).

likewise its not uncommon to see 4WD loader tractors etc with the tyres reversed on the front axle, as it aids traction in reverse in muddy conditions when backing away from a pile, while at the same time it increases the braking force to the front axle which makes stopping by what your loading easer.

while on things like Unimog's, the front tyres will last about 20% longer if they are reversed and you do a lot of road-work, it also makes the steering smother and subject to less correction at speed or under braking.
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
mattbrun12

Post by mattbrun12 »

Too bad there are no brakes on the cart.
FS19 / PC
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

mattbrun12 wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:37 am Too bad there are no brakes on the cart.
brakes are an option on the wheeled 2096 and 1596 US spec ones, which permits them to be used safely in more hilly areas.

as the last thing you would want is something that has a mass just over ~71,000kg (~156,528lb) with ~13.5% moisture wheat in being towed around a field with significant grade (for a field - but still within the capability of a none hillside combine) by a tractor that is >12,000kg <24,000kg (>26455lb <52,911lb), given only 2,722kg (6,000lb) is transferred vertically to the tractor via the towing point.

move to outside the US, and unless you have a ring fenced farm and can avoid transporting the empty chaser bin on the public road, then you will fall foul of braking requirements e.g. in the EU.
mattbrun12

Post by mattbrun12 »

Once again your paragraph response doesn't mean much, because as stated brakes are an option. So what is your reason for all the ones that don't have brakes? What about the 1396 or the smaller carts that don't have the brake option? The reason the tires are on that way is so that the ground creates a greater force on the tire to turn it instead of it sliding.
FS19 / PC
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

mattbrun12 wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:22 pm Once again your paragraph response doesn't mean much, because as stated brakes are an option. So what is your reason for all the ones that don't have brakes? What about the 1396 or the smaller carts that don't have the brake option? The reason the tires are on that way is so that the ground creates a greater force on the tire to turn it instead of it sliding.
increased tyre life, it also makes them slide less on cross slopes while moving forward, as the tread cleats are not aligned with the angle of side-slip when moving forward, so they better oppose it. (for none braked, none ground drive, none driven tyres)

if your a farmer why do you not know this, its basic stuff?
mattbrun12

Post by mattbrun12 »

So I listed one instead all of them, and just like the brakes, not too many hills for me to worry about where I live, so doesn't make much difference on that part for me either.

With how smart you seem to think you are, you would know there's a chance I live where there are not many hills, its basic stuff.
FS19 / PC
x3SGTEx

Post by x3SGTEx »

Indirect attacks of lack of knowledge always turns into a pi** contest..
Twitch-https://m.twitch.tv/straightlinegaming_/profile
Twitter-https://mobile.twitter.com/slg_twitch
Specs-
Console- PS4 Pro
Gaming PC- Cooler Master pro 5 w/ ML240L | i7-7700K @5ghz | ASUS Prime z270-K | Asus GTX1080Ti Strix OC 11GB | HyperX 16GB ddr4 | Corsair RM750x gold+ | crucial 500GB ssd/WD 2TB hdd
Logitech G29 w/ H-shifter
Logitech T.Flight Hotas 4
Modified DS4 to joystick controller
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

mattbrun12 wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:13 pm So I listed one instead all of them, and just like the brakes, not too many hills for me to worry about where I live, so doesn't make much difference on that part for me either.

With how smart you seem to think you are, you would know there's a chance I live where there are not many hills, its basic stuff.
He never said the tires should be mounted like that. Once the need arises they can be.

Besides I didn't mean to start an argument like that.

In cars, it is an invitation to a fatal crash if you mount a tire with its directional treads reversed.

Obviously these machines do not operate like cars in some specific conditions. So, although those tires were engineered to be used as the treads are poiting the right direction, some situations might require the opposite of that. And as we have some real life images, it is obviously done irl.

So, I guess both arguments are correct on their own right.
PS5 / FS22
mattbrun12

Post by mattbrun12 »

Sorry RODHA, I wan't intending an argument either. I was just trying to share that there are no brakes on the grain carts and that we do run the tires that way, but not for that reason. It's a drive axle vs non drive axle reason as to why. Any combine that doesn't not have rear wheel assist would have the back tires that way as well.
FS19 / PC
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

^^ no prob *thumbsup*
Thanks to both for the detailed info :hi:
PS5 / FS22