Anyone else trying to be surprised?

Old-an-Slow

Anyone else trying to be surprised?

Post by Old-an-Slow »

I always dig into every bit of info available when a new game I'm interested in is coming soon. FS19 is easier than most with the great community here being full of information ninjas :biggrin2: . I end up not having the big surprises because I've done too much detective work beforehand.

This time, with FS19, I want to be as surprised as possible. I've put myself on media blackout for this one because I don't want to know everything before my copy is in my hands (yes physical ftw). Well, at least video blackout :mrgreen: . I am reading thread headlines here, the dev blogs so far, but that's it. My last watched vid was the Gamescom trailer, until I make my own on PS4. I hear the Youtube gameplay from the preview version is really informative but, nope, not gonna watch. I want that kid on their birthday feeling, cracking open that first present! I hope my strength holds when the Fact Sheets start appearing.

Anyone else trying to stay a little bit blind on FS19? Am I the only one not digging for every bit of info from every source? Am I crazy?
Farming on PS5
lefe1

Re: Anyone else trying to be surprised?

Post by lefe1 »

nope not crazy. that's why I wished we didn't have all this social media. because it does take a little away when you do get the game..
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

ive been the same way.. im SUPER excited for November.. but.. I really haven't gone out of my way to dig up any info on it beyond the snips of info I find on here.. I just got around to watching the gamecom video the other day and omg I about died when I seen the hopper bottom grain trailer as this is something I used when I farmed with my grandpa and I really really wanted it in the base game.. Im super happy with what I already know about the game and I cant wait for nov to hurry and get here
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
crash

Post by crash »

focus on october 26th first:P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw_oH5oiUSE
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
mattbrun12

Post by mattbrun12 »

I like to see the new features and what you can do in the game so that I don't spend the first couple days exploring what's new, this way I already know what things I want to try out and what equipment I want to use. If anything, it gets me more excited for the game seeing what's coming.
FS19 / PC
Stonecutter

Post by Stonecutter »

I was going to try, than they went and put the biggest surprise of all front and center on the game cover. :lol:
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

crash wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:42 pm focus on october 26th first:P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw_oH5oiUSE
*thumbsup* ^^^This^^^

I avoid spoilers when it comes to games with a story, but I want to know every detail I can before I buy a simulator.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

I’ve already a tried to find any new tidbit or video of fs as soon as I could I love these games
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Here's the thing, yes i want as much information as possible, go to YouTube, ill find gameplay videos, great, i click on them and its either in some other language, or theres no commentary, i watched the video with Lis in it, and the video didn't have subtitles, im sure Giants has features in game that we will have to discover ourselves.
fcdrifter13

Post by fcdrifter13 »

To me honestly, game mechanics are the best thing to learn about, and you can only learn them by playing. Im interested to see what kindof interactions we will get with certain things, and this includes mods as well. I learn something new all the time, and recording videos has pushed that even more. Because I do different things, or try to do things quickly to make up as much time you learn some odd things. IE, when using the Creator Tools mod and turning a field to a fully grown and plowed state, the plowed state only lasts that one harvest. Or that workers use a button hook turn or pull forward and reverse, or a combination of the two not at random but based on implement type and field boundaries which leads to innovative ways to make them work in certain fields.

Things like that I am very excited to see, tractors and shiny things are neat, but can i grab a bale while riding a horse to make a magical flying pony, thats where the meat is.
Survival Start of The Calm Lands. Currently have built homes for our workers, so we actually get workers.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... H-DmlmlDQT
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

I absolutely agree fcdrifter, i mean modders get to feel and study new features, and ask those self-questions, like, How can i make this or that feature better? Or what features can i take advantage of? Questions like that, the features is what draws most people to games such as this, it really opens doors for modders, i get where your coming from. Well said my friend.
FarmingRemasterd

Post by FarmingRemasterd »

i have never wanted to suprise myself with this game...i gotta be up to date at every waking hour...its kinda suspensful actually, i saw JD and almost blacked out for a second guring the E3 trailer
Massey Ferguson For Life. If it ain't red, leave it in the shed.
Rules for yall...viewtopic.php?f=893&t=74799
Manure is for the fields...not the forum.
TallPaul003

Post by TallPaul003 »

The thing is with FS17 though, is I've learnt probably only 30% from doing things myself and 70% from watching things and learning from others (youtube, on here, discord etc)

it's not like a normal game where there's spoilers- with these simulators you're much better prepared having all the information (especially with the confusing aspect of FS... which the new store might hopefully eliminate somewhat)
FS17 on XBone
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

I am trying to keep most of it a surprise... I come by once in a while... read the few important threads and mark the rest of the forum read.

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

Old-an-Slow wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:03 pm I always dig into every bit of info available when a new game I'm interested in is coming soon. FS19 is easier than most with the great community here being full of information ninjas :biggrin2: . I end up not having the big surprises because I've done too much detective work beforehand.

This time, with FS19, I want to be as surprised as possible. I've put myself on media blackout for this one because I don't want to know everything before my copy is in my hands (yes physical ftw). Well, at least video blackout :mrgreen: . I am reading thread headlines here, the dev blogs so far, but that's it. My last watched vid was the Gamescom trailer, until I make my own on PS4. I hear the Youtube gameplay from the preview version is really informative but, nope, not gonna watch. I want that kid on their birthday feeling, cracking open that first present! I hope my strength holds when the Fact Sheets start appearing.

Anyone else trying to stay a little bit blind on FS19? Am I the only one not digging for every bit of info from every source? Am I crazy?
I will be surprised if there isnt any game altering bugs.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .