Front loader stuck on tractor....

Mace71

Front loader stuck on tractor....

Post by Mace71 »

Hi, only had FS17 a few days and on my first farm (Chellington) and needed to get a front loader on the tractor provided, a MF 7700. So I buy one at the store and go to pick it up and slide my tractor into it but apparently I don’t have the frame on my chassis and now it is stuck on but not connected! Is there any way I can reset it? I had shut the game down at that point.

Apparently I can mod my tractor at the store to get the frame?
Maikello

Re: Front loader stuck on tractor....

Post by Maikello »

You can also reset tools

Not every tractor has front loader options but yours has. You can do it in a store or in a workshop. Some maps have a workshop added by the map creator. If it is not on the map then you can buy a workshop in the object tab and put it where you want
Mace71

Post by Mace71 »

Maikello wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:15 am
You can also reset tools

Not every tractor has front loader options but yours has. You can do it in a store or in a workshop. Some maps have a workshop added by the map creator. If it is not on the map then you can buy a workshop in the object tab and put it where you want
Brilliant thanks! I can't believe I hadn't seen the flipping 'RESET' button :rolleyesnew: I'll try it tonight.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

When you highlight the item on the map screen to reset it, a dot will be highlighted on the map. Handy if you don’t know where the reset point is. It’s usually the store or the farm somewhere though.
mrprez

Post by mrprez »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:36 am When you highlight the item on the map screen to reset it, a dot will be highlighted on the map. Handy if you don’t know where the reset point is. It’s usually the store or the farm somewhere though.
Sure didn't know about that dot. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to choose the reset point? I don't know why Coldbourough Park has a reset point in one of the fields. Not very convenient.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Never played that map to be honest so no idea. The dot is convenient as I often have a couple of things the same so it’s good to know which I am resetting. Very annoying to reset a trailer full of grain 😟
TallPaul003

Post by TallPaul003 »

I kinda liked the CPF reset point- it wasn't in the way and I could get my new equipment "delivered"

I second an option to choose the reset point though (don't know if it's possible)- if I'm selling stuff, it's easier to reset to the shop (GCV). If buying (or being too lazy to drive the truck back from the sell point), it's easy to reset to the farm (Lone Oak)

V annoying when you've got full tipper and have to lose it though- although I'm sure one time I had to do that, it just dumped what was in the trailer on the ground. Haven't had to do it too many times thankfully
FS17 on XBone
Derplodactyl

Post by Derplodactyl »

Here's a thought.

Have you lowered the front loader enough to be on the ground? They aren't able to be detached too high from the ground 😁
- James G | Derplodactyl (The Jaggler)
- Giants Ambassador 🇬🇧
- PC & Xbox One

PC Specs:
-AsRock B550M Extreme4 Steel Legend
-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
-EVGA RTX 3080Ti XC3 Ultra
-Corsair 32GB DDR4 @3600MHz
-1TB Samsung 970 Evo Pro M.2 + 256gb NVMe Storage
jamesadams933

Post by jamesadams933 »

What he was saying is that he didnt actually attach it, tried to and it got snagged on the tractor.
gmfarmer420

Post by gmfarmer420 »

Make sure you have the right loader for your tractor. If you use the fz30 on a tractor that's to big it will catch on fenders after you disconnect it.
FS22 season pass, FS19 Platinum and FS17 on PC FS15 on X360
jamesadams933

Post by jamesadams933 »

for the MF7700 I would recommend the FZ60, usually I just go with a skidsteer or tele tho
Derplodactyl

Post by Derplodactyl »

jamesadams933 wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:58 pm What he was saying is that he didnt actually attach it, tried to and it got snagged on the tractor.
Yup, I see that now. I somehow totally missed that 😂
- James G | Derplodactyl (The Jaggler)
- Giants Ambassador 🇬🇧
- PC & Xbox One

PC Specs:
-AsRock B550M Extreme4 Steel Legend
-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
-EVGA RTX 3080Ti XC3 Ultra
-Corsair 32GB DDR4 @3600MHz
-1TB Samsung 970 Evo Pro M.2 + 256gb NVMe Storage