Seasons / save game

Dusty1424

Seasons / save game

Post by Dusty1424 »

Are there any problems associated with installing seasons into an existing save game ? I have 50 hours on the Baltic Sea, all the fields are owned and harvested,silage clamped,hay and straw baled and under cover, have 70 cows,300 sheep and 50 pigs. Can I now add seasons or will it adversely impact on animal health and other aspects of my save game?
fenixguy

Re: Seasons / save game

Post by fenixguy »

I did it with Lone Oak Farm. No problems so far. YMMV
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
TallPaul003

Post by TallPaul003 »

I did it with Sussex Farm and kept having crashes after- don't know if it was because I'd added seasons, the map, or any other mods I had.

One gripe with FS17 is that you can't choose a second save location for the same game- would be nice to have the option. That's on console anyway, you can probably manage your saves on PC
FS17 on XBone
Fade2black

Post by Fade2black »

You should be good. I often start a new map without seasons just to make some feed and straw etc just like you've done. Never had an issue. Funny enough I'm doing it on Lone Oak right now due to a disaster yesterday. I came home after 2 weeks away working and my L.O. save game just kept loading without ever stopping. Quit game twice but same again. Other saves were ok but had to start map again. I'd done a lot of creating fields too so will have to get ploughing again.But not yet....
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Since you brought it up, I've got about 110 hours on Lone Oak and haven't had any problems until this week. I went away for the weekend and when I came back I started the game and the xbox shut off. I did a hard reset and it loaded fine but seemed to take longer to load than normal, about twice as long. Since then, it has done that 3 more times and I can't figure out why. I'm only at 40% full on mods, the slot count is at ~450 left on the save game, I haven't created any fields, I don't have any bales or logs laying on the ground.

I do have two silage clamps with some fermenting in them and have some barley dumped in a building. When I started the map (when it released), I made silage, hay, and baled some straw before installing seasons and resetting the fields. I don't know if any of this could be causing my problems or not. Not trying to hijack the tread, but does anyone think it has to do with seasons?
Fade2black

Post by Fade2black »

I'm not sure it's seasons. I've just started the map again without and was chopping corn for silage. Got about 6 loads tipped using the Boss Meyer tipper and on the next load as I was tipping it started to freeze and glitch. Then an error occured and game crashed. Back to square one then. Lol. Im on PS4
Kamoore65536

Post by Kamoore65536 »

As I remember, MrSealyp in one of his lets plays said that seasons and Sussex Farm did NOT play well together. I believe in episode #7 he talked about the conflict between seasons and Sussex Farm. He did say he played on a PS4.
Playing on a PS4 & PS4 Pro.
Added a PC at Christmas time.
i7-7700 quad core 3.6GHz(4.2GHz Turbo)
GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
120 GB SATA solid State Drive
1TB SATA III hard Drive
Added a 4K TV
Added a PS5.
Fade2black

Post by Fade2black »

Kamoore65536 wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:33 pm As I remember, MrSealyp in one of his lets plays said that seasons and Sussex Farm did NOT play well together. I believe in episode #7 he talked about the conflict between seasons and Sussex Farm. He did say he played on a PS4.
To be honest I never had any problems on Sussex farm.
I really need to go back to playing on Multiplayer just for the autosave. I hope fs19 has it on career.
TallPaul003

Post by TallPaul003 »

Fade2black wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:26 pm I'm not sure it's seasons. I've just started the map again without and was chopping corn for silage. Got about 6 loads tipped using the Boss Meyer tipper and on the next load as I was tipping it started to freeze and glitch. Then an error occured and game crashed. Back to square one then. Lol. Im on PS4
It's a known issue with the Boss Meyer trailer- think there's some historical threads on here about it. Had exactly the same issues with it on Sussex. As soon as I uninstalled it, all was good (until I installed seasons!)
FS17 on XBone
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Yeah I have used the Boss Meyer trailer a lot in many different save games and hadn't had a problem. It started glitching this week after I dumped 4 loads of chaff in the clamp. Got rid of it immediately. The game is still causing my xbox to crash occasionally.

I may sell all my crops and restart the map after winter is over. Use the money cheat to get everything back. Maybe a fresh save will help.
Fade2black

Post by Fade2black »

Now you mention it Paul I do remember that. It's a shame as it's a nice tipper
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

I had no issues with seasons and Sussex farm. Also had issues with the boss truck and dumping chaff. I think it is something to do with the animation when it is tipping causing lag maybe.
TallPaul003

Post by TallPaul003 »

Seemed to only have issues when dumping multiple loads in succession if I remember, maybe that's what causes it to play up?
FS17 on XBone
Dusty1424

Post by Dusty1424 »

Thanks everyone *thumbsup*
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

TallPaul003 wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:30 pm I did it with Sussex Farm and kept having crashes after- don't know if it was because I'd added seasons, the map, or any other mods I had.

One gripe with FS17 is that you can't choose a second save location for the same game- would be nice to have the option. That's on console anyway, you can probably manage your saves on PC
on PS4 you can upload your save/s to online storage or to a usb drive
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .