Best snow removal device?

ThatCanadianGuy

Best snow removal device?

Post by ThatCanadianGuy »

What is everyone's go-to for snow removal? I haven't found anything I am really happy with yet.
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.
redglasses

Re: Best snow removal device?

Post by redglasses »

The snow blower, if you put a trailer behind it its even easier
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
gmfarmer420

Post by gmfarmer420 »

Bsm 850 hook with snow blower and the biggest grain body. Or on pc the gritter/salter pack although it's not realistic.
FS22 season pass, FS19 Platinum and FS17 on PC FS15 on X360
Sandhill

Post by Sandhill »

Does removing snow ever much matter? I've just gone through my first real experience with it, Sosnovka hard Poland geo and for early spring the ground was covered. I just went logging, the snow didn't seem a hinderance. I surely would not have been able to work soil earlier by removing snow, would I ? I guess I could see it for maps with steep roads like West Coast...
empato

Post by empato »

redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Sandhill wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:43 am Does removing snow ever much matter? I've just gone through my first real experience with it, Sosnovka hard Poland geo and for early spring the ground was covered. I just went logging, the snow didn't seem a hinderance. I surely would not have been able to work soil earlier by removing snow, would I ? I guess I could see it for maps with steep roads like West Coast...
Sometimes it can be annoying to have to drive through multiple layers of snow
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Dexzilla

Post by Dexzilla »

The snowblower, certainly on the xbox. The other blades etc are too sensitive to use on anything but flat fields, and why would you.
I think I saw a clip of the snowblower on PC simply blowing the snow off to the left/right, on console a trailer is required. Also odd how the snow will show as the last crop that was in the trailer /bucket, and then turn back to snow when you dump it!
XBOX YouTube:
Farming Simulator19 XBOX Cow Care and Cattle Calculations https://youtu.be/1LE5vF1b5v8
Farming Simulator19 XBOX Basic Forestry: The Wood is Good https://youtu.be/uKG1fEsLujs
Let's Play FS19 XBOX Ravenport HARD Pig Farm Pt:11 BAD MOTHER-TRUCKER https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uI84FSCccHU&t=89s
jamesadams933

Post by jamesadams933 »

On console the snowblower will blow to the side as well,point it where you want it to go, start driving and immediately hit the 'unload here' button sometimes it does randomly stop tho..
ThatCanadianGuy

Post by ThatCanadianGuy »

Sandhill wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:43 am Does removing snow ever much matter? I've just gone through my first real experience with it, Sosnovka hard Poland geo and for early spring the ground was covered. I just went logging, the snow didn't seem a hinderance. I surely would not have been able to work soil earlier by removing snow, would I ? I guess I could see it for maps with steep roads like West Coast...
It would depend on what you are doing and what GEO you have (and the year) I am running the Montana GEO on Welker and last winter had no snow, this year it has snowed 5 of the 6 winter days and there is another day of snow forecast in the spring. If I wasn't clearing snow I wouldn't be able to haul grain, I have a pile of snow taller than the tractor next to the bins.
Working the soil depends on your ground temp, I had a weird spring a while ago where there was still snow on the ground and it had thawed so I could cultivate a snowy field which some guys can do IRL so it wasn't that far fetched.

That snowblower works great! I don't know why I didn't find that before but I sure am glad I found it now.
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.
Tyler62990

Post by Tyler62990 »

If I'm trying to play even somewhat realistically, the snowblower is my first choice. I end up with massive heaps of snow that don't go away until mid spring, but it works for me lol.

One thing that always annoys me is when there's no snow mask on the main roads. As much as I love doing my yards and driveways, clearing a whole road network gets tedious. For doing that, I usually just turn the traffic off, then hit the roads with a tractor pulling that Lemken implement that can hold two attachments, hook up two of the sweeper brushes and go on my way. Still takes about an hour to clear the whole Valley the Old Farm map, though.