Farm construction

Dusty1424

Farm construction

Post by Dusty1424 »

I hope the ability to build your own farm in 19 lives up to everyone's expectations , with 17 it was always a bit frustrating trying to find a suitably flat enough site for a small shed rather than a whole farm, I think the first map which had a custom made placable area was the last version of Oldstreams, there were also a good selection of sheds to place and you could, with a little imagination make quite a nice farm. I'm sure like me there are many players who enjoy passing a couple of hours experimenting with different layouts and locations.
I have found that there is more scope for improvement in the vanilla maps, the best one being Estancia Lapacho,the fact that it has foliage which can be removed is a tremendous help in the customisation of the map. I have spent 300 hours creating a much larger yard with a useful range of sheds, merging fields, creating new fields and planting nearly 2000 trees.I don't claim its a better map for what I see as "improvements" only that it's more playable for myself and my style of playing
I played on PS4 for a long time and have only recently swopped to PC this has given me access to a bigger selection of building mods but more importantly,access to the ground modification roller,a superb mod and essential if you want to make a proper job of altering a map.
The modded maps which appear on mod hub are usually of exceptional quality and very playable, the vanilla maps however can easily be personalized. I look forward to the two new maps in 19 and what can be done to "improve" them in any way . I'm not claiming to be in the same league as the fantastic bunch of map modders we have available to us , just an amateur having fun
Gimli54

Re: Farm construction

Post by Gimli54 »

I think it will, from what lis has told us in the dev blog we’ll have “squares” of I think his example was sand which we can place on the ground in stead of grass or what have you, I don’t think it’ll be 100% perfect as this is giants first time having put such a focus on farm building, as for maps from giants I think they do good jobs on their maps as they try to make sure ther e a little something for everyone in their maps Goldcrest had a good yard but my mind thought it off if I sold one of the buildings and tried to place something else there estancia lapacho was a great map had a lotta fun combining fields I’ve got a mega field with 2,3,4,5,6, going on that’s crazy huge
Dusty1424

Post by Dusty1424 »

Those were the same fields I first joined and the whole thing snowballed from there. Apart from JD, I think this feature of the new game may turn out to be the most appreciated by many players, the brilliance of modders like Frontier Design and BSM won't be achieved by many ,myself included, but they will experience a great sense of satisfaction from personalizing their own environment and making it just a little different from everyone else's :search:
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Well it will be interesting seeing what other players will have theirs setup, but with the new buildable farms system, everyone is gonna go hog wild, balls out on setting up their farm, and the system has the ability to adjust the terrain to the object, it kicks their creativity into overdrive, but it was way beyond my expectation, now we get to setup livestock areas, barns, garages, the way we want it, i know its an option, but we dont have to put up with the premade setup anymore.
Farmer216

Post by Farmer216 »

I already create my own farms away from the "default" farm.
Estancia Lapacho and Lone Oak are real good for this.

FS19 will step it up by allowing me to place animals where I want them, IF I want them.
I play on Xbox3 (Which they called the "One" for some reason)
Addicted to Farm Sim since: 6-26-2k17
FS17@ 5,336hrs ~ FS19@ 3377hrs (updated 2.18.21)
Dusty1424

Post by Dusty1424 »

The placement of animal areas in the vanilla maps are usually disappointing in that they are so spread out and so small in comparison to the best mod maps, from what I have seen of 19 they won't be any larger in size but as you say we have a choice if we want them or not and where to put them , it's the part of 19 I'm looking forward to most
Farmer Foley

Post by Farmer Foley »

I do believe there will be three sizes of animal areas in FS19 and will only hold a certain amount of animals for each size..
You keep a Troshin :hi:
Dusty1424

Post by Dusty1424 »

I didn't know that , thanks
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Farmer Foley wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:43 am I do believe there will be three sizes of animal areas in FS19 and will only hold a certain amount of animals for each size..
Hopefully we will be able to upgrade them too, as in making them bigger when they get full if we started with a smaller enclosure
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

The animal areas being removed from the maps to be placed by the player alone will make the maps better. Not to mention having different sizes, and I know some modders will make a couple custom ones too add to the base ones as well.

Also i suspect all the bushes and shrubery will be removable now, but dont know for sure...
PC gamer.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

I hope I can remove bushes and place them, they can look good if in the right spot
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Fade2black

Post by Fade2black »

Farmer216 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:50 am I already create my own farms away from the "default" farm.
Estancia Lapacho and Lone Oak are real good for this.

FS19 will step it up by allowing me to place animals where I want them, IF I want them.
Where did you create your farm on Lone Oak?
Just being nosey. :hmm:
Farmer216

Post by Farmer216 »

On one map I used the field west of the store.
On another map I made one southeast of the store in the field between the two houses.
I play on Xbox3 (Which they called the "One" for some reason)
Addicted to Farm Sim since: 6-26-2k17
FS17@ 5,336hrs ~ FS19@ 3377hrs (updated 2.18.21)
Fade2black

Post by Fade2black »

Farmer216 wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:58 pm On one map I used the field west of the store.
On another map I made one southeast of the store in the field between the two houses.
They both look like they would work. I did place the big grain silo west of the store just to save running so far when combining. Have also made a couple of roads through the woods to the barn and the sheep.
jamesadams933

Post by jamesadams933 »

redglasses wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:02 am I hope I can remove bushes and place them, they can look good if in the right spot
Removing the bushes I;m sure will be in the base game since they had it on SA map, if you can't place bushes in vanilla I'm sure some mods would be added quickly.