Big Field farming?

E.A.Farming

Big Field farming?

Post by E.A.Farming »

Hi,

Am going to be new to F.S when it’s released, been watching loads of YouTube videos and the game looks well fun.

When I was growing up I spent all my evenings, week ends and holidays getting on my bike and following the Harvester’s around my area.

Back then the biggest farm in my area was huge, before it all got sold off and split up.

I’m assuming in F.s terms a field size of 60 Hectare’s would be pretty big? There must be over 10 fields around 30 to 70 hectare’s.

I’m not sure if I will be able to but I’m hopping I can create a map of my area for F.S think it is a farming heaven. Living out in the country just across the road from the sugar beat factory theirs fields galore..

Do people playing F.S like using British maps with large fields?
Guitarman

Re: Big Field farming?

Post by Guitarman »

There definitely is a community of people playing (and making) British maps (you just have to look at FS-UK).

However in general the typical style is smaller tighter fields. Oakfield farm (on modhub at the mo for fs17) probably has some of the biggest fields on most UK maps. Saying that there's a WIP map called holme wold farm that has much bigger fields. (bear in mind these are for fs17 and it sounds like your holding out for fs19).

And at the end of the day people mod (in general) because they have a genuine interest to see that in the game. So if you want to make a map of your area, do by all means!
Optimist: Glass is half full
Pessimist: Glass is half empty

Engineer: The glass is twice the size it needs to be!

PC Specs (upgraded at last!): Acer Orion 3000; i5-8400, 8Gb Ram, GTX 1050ti, Intel Optane 16gb
parad0x177

Post by parad0x177 »

Generally, my interest in the small UK maps is limited, except when playing with small/classic gear. However, I’m a big fan of Oakfield. The fields are large enough that some of the bigger equipment is justifiable, but tight enough that using the big stuff takes some planning and skill. Plus, the hills and hedges just give it a great feel and I really like that it is based on a real place.

So, yeah, I’d say give it a go if you have the time. I’d be interested in trying it out! *thumbsup*
fcdrifter13

Post by fcdrifter13 »

Like stated above most UK fields are on the smaller end, but there are some exceptions. While 60HA fields can be fun the slog of doing that in a afternoon or evening after work can be tiresome as it feels like all you get done if maybe one field in a couple of hours. I think medium sized fields of Oak Field, The West Coast, and others fits the laid back nature of the game more. But that is just me as I like to see progress every day and a constant feeling that I am moving forward to an end goal.

If you are wanting to make your own map there are a ton of guides for FS17 and I am sure there will be a lot more with FS19 as the community grows. Take the time to learn it and it can be fun, but also understand that making a map of somewhere can take months of time to make it correctly.
Survival Start of The Calm Lands. Currently have built homes for our workers, so we actually get workers.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... H-DmlmlDQT
E.A.Farming

Post by E.A.Farming »

Cheers guys, I’ll get used to the game first, my driving skills will probably be a tad rusty as haven’t had any practice gaming for a thew years but I’m looking forward to it more so than Christmas 😜