Re: What Equipment is everyone using on Shamrock Valley

fcdrifter13

Re: What Equipment is everyone using on Shamrock Valley

Post by fcdrifter13 »

Thought I would do this again as everyone seemed to enjoy it the last time around.

Doing a little bit easier start this time with some cash and a tractor and a couple of cars and more Roleplay than LoF.

Starting Tractor is a Belarus with 155HP, Defender 90, Golf GTI, Old bale trailer, Claas Baler, and that homemade looking Animal Trailer. I am hoping to get into a Fortschritt E512 Harvester If I can go and get it from Balling Craig Estate. I put over 100 hours into Lone oak farm and I hope that this map gives me about the same honestly.

So what are you all using on Shamrock Valley?
Survival Start of The Calm Lands. Currently have built homes for our workers, so we actually get workers.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... H-DmlmlDQT
Farmer Foley

Re: Re: What Equipment is everyone using on Shamrock Valley

Post by Farmer Foley »

Ha ha Nothing..its not out on console yet....
You keep a Troshin :hi:
Guitarman

Post by Guitarman »

I've not got everything I need so far. But currently got a T7.200 as my largest tractor, and a TW-5 as a groundwork/carting machine. Still need to choose a combine.

Also Krone comprima baler and mchale wrapper (though I might change to a mchale baler as well)

Trying to keep implement size to around 3m though I might get a larger cultivator once I've seen what the arable work is like in a year.

Currently based out of Scatter Brooke using it as an arable yard. Plan is to eventually move up to the main yard with grassland equipment.

Might try getting a trailed silage harvester for the first time as well.
Optimist: Glass is half full
Pessimist: Glass is half empty

Engineer: The glass is twice the size it needs to be!

PC Specs (upgraded at last!): Acer Orion 3000; i5-8400, 8Gb Ram, GTX 1050ti, Intel Optane 16gb
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Using mainly GIANTS own stuff. The NH 8340 you start with, sold the rest of the starting vehicles and bought a NH T5 and the Case 1660 combine. Swapped to the Kuhn Sitera drill and Kockerling cultivator (both GIANTS' mod) and the Marston ACE10 trailer.

A truly beautiful map. OxygenDavid has done another stunning job.
fcdrifter13

Post by fcdrifter13 »

Well my farm grew one piece of equipment today. I went and got the Fortschritt for $1500 and brought it back to the shop to get the hopper fixed and the fuel system looked at. The ad had it listed as just parts but I think we can get it going again, at least for this harvest season, possibly a good trade in when we go for something bigger next harvest.

The picture from the Ad posted on Donedeal.ie

Seeing it for the first time in person

Getting it loaded onto a GAL trailer with a smaller crane, no way to get into the yard with the truck and trailer

At the shop getting worked on, you can see the rust in the seems of the hopper here, hoping it is a pretty straight forward fix and wont break the bank.
Survival Start of The Calm Lands. Currently have built homes for our workers, so we actually get workers.
Guil

Post by Guil »

I'm nearly certain I know where that harvester is lol.
Thefisherj

Post by Thefisherj »

I got a Massey ferguson 390T and a ford tw10 as my workforce I yet to have a combine.doing a realism experiment so money is tight
TallPaul003

Post by TallPaul003 »

Am still waiting for it on console- apologies for sneaking off topic a bit (and I appreciate we're not talking Lone Oak's openness standards) but how narrow and twisting are the lanes on Shamrock ?

I love UK maps as they add a sense of realness and familiarity to me but narrow winding lanes sided with indestructible hedges into gates too narrow to fit half the equipment the right size for the field plays badly on my patience gene... and that's not even contemplating traffic !
FS17 on XBone
Thefisherj

Post by Thefisherj »

TallPaul003 wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:01 pm Am still waiting for it on console- apologies for sneaking off topic a bit (and I appreciate we're not talking Lone Oak's openness standards) but how narrow and twisting are the lanes on Shamrock ?

I love UK maps as they add a sense of realness and familiarity to me but narrow winding lanes sided with indestructible hedges into gates too narrow to fit half the equipment the right size for the field plays badly on my patience gene... and that's not even contemplating traffic !
the biggest challenger with triple wheels can fit down them plus both yards, Rainbowdave tried it out on one of his livestreams
TallPaul003

Post by TallPaul003 »

Thefisherj wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:14 pm
TallPaul003 wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:01 pm Am still waiting for it on console- apologies for sneaking off topic a bit (and I appreciate we're not talking Lone Oak's openness standards) but how narrow and twisting are the lanes on Shamrock ?

the biggest challenger with triple wheels can fit down them plus both yards, Rainbowdave tried it out on one of his livestreams
Exactly what I wanted to know, thanks bud ;)
FS17 on XBone
fcdrifter13

Post by fcdrifter13 »

Guil wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:25 pm I'm nearly certain I know where that harvester is lol.
I think it's pretty neat trying to recreate an ad and going to go and get it. I just hope that it doesn't come back to bite me in the rear somehow
Derplodactyl

Post by Derplodactyl »

Tractors - JCB Fastrac 150, JD 8400, JD 6190R

Harvester - Claas Lexion 480
- James G | Derplodactyl (The Jaggler)
- Giants Ambassador 🇬🇧
- PC & Xbox One

PC Specs:
-AsRock B550M Extreme4 Steel Legend
-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
-EVGA RTX 3080Ti XC3 Ultra
-Corsair 32GB DDR4 @3600MHz
-1TB Samsung 970 Evo Pro M.2 + 256gb NVMe Storage
fcdrifter13

Post by fcdrifter13 »

Dribbly Midget wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:41 am Tractors - JCB Fastrac 150, JD 8400, JD 6190R

If it is the same claas i have I really do like that thing. Most newer combine mods are huge so having a smaller one is very nice
Derplodactyl

Post by Derplodactyl »

fcdrifter13 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:15 pm
Dribbly Midget wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:41 am Tractors - JCB Fastrac 150, JD 8400, JD 6190R

If it is the same claas i have I really do like that thing. Most newer combine mods are huge so having a smaller one is very nice
It's a touch bigger than the Sampo Rosenlew with a folding header. Really nice combine. 👌🤘
- James G | Derplodactyl (The Jaggler)
- Giants Ambassador 🇬🇧
- PC & Xbox One

PC Specs:
-AsRock B550M Extreme4 Steel Legend
-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
-EVGA RTX 3080Ti XC3 Ultra
-Corsair 32GB DDR4 @3600MHz
-1TB Samsung 970 Evo Pro M.2 + 256gb NVMe Storage