Shamrock valley

kahfs

Re: Shamrock valley

Post by kahfs »

Miketeg wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:19 pm Have you bought the "field" ? This placeable area has to be bought before placing anything in. I did not try it to be honest, just guessing.

Question :
Is anybody was able to get the gold nugget on the table, that is under the tent close the the RV? I can't reach it..so close...but too fat..lol
Miketeg. Yes I bought the field. Otherwise I would not have been able to place the first placeable. When I discovered the problem I have with placeables, I stopped hunting for gold, not knowing if this was a map I would play. I did come across some nuggets that I couldn't reach.
K. Henneberg/ArmChairFarming. Author of RealLifeNumbers (FS19, FS22)
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

Miketeg wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:57 pm Thanks BulletBill. Do you know if a new save will be required? If this is the only update, that will not be an option for me since I have around 50 hours on this map.
I am not 100% on all the changes "Oxygendavid" has made to the new version so best wait to see what he says.

Usually it's always best practice to start a new savegame after a major update.
kahfs wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:45 pm Miketeg. Yes I bought the field. Otherwise I would not have been able to place the first placeable. When I discovered the problem I have with placeables, I stopped hunting for gold, not knowing if this was a map I would play. I did come across some nuggets that I couldn't reach.
This is due to a bug that happens with Seasons on the map.
This has been fixed for the new version, and Rahkiin from Realismus Modding did say they may make a fix for this on Seasons as well in case this happens on any other maps.

If your on PC you can go to FS-UK here:

https://www.fs-uk.com/forum/index.php?t ... msg1324144

And add that file to the map which will fix the placeable issue for you. Full instructions are there as well.
monstergazza2015

Post by monstergazza2015 »

WHY AINT IT ON PS4 YET LIKE COME ON GIANTS FIX THE ISSUE YET NO UPDATES WHAT A LOAD OF BS :?:
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

:lol: :lol: these people really exist
PS5 / FS22
Law0t019t

Post by Law0t019t »

monstergazza2015 wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:54 am WHY AINT IT ON PS4 YET LIKE COME ON GIANTS FIX THE ISSUE YET NO UPDATES WHAT A LOAD OF BS :?:
Like i said in another post the more people say things like that on here the longer well probably have to wait you do realise they read these posts?.... Anyway i heard on pc there was a few issues so id rather they were fixed and tested properly so we can all use the map without any issues and just enjoy it im sure many people feel the same
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

I shouldn't worry, by the message tone and grammer It's obviously a very young child with a very short patience level.

We just ignore thoughtless posts like that. We can't expect them to understand how much work, effort and time goes into modding.

Also that we have lives outside of modding. After all it's only a hobby for us modders.
Last edited by BulletBill on Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Law0t019t

Post by Law0t019t »

Couldnt agree more bill :)
44mfarmall

Post by 44mfarmall »

+1 to everythng said.
BB hope you are well. Keep up the great work and best of luck with future projects.
The Men,
The Myths,
The Legendary teams
we all know them as
the Modders and Developers
of this awesome franchise
we call Farming Simulator :this:
Heroes : All Modders
PS4 player
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

BulletBill wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:18 pm
Miketeg wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:57 pm Thanks BulletBill. Do you know if a new save will be required? If this is the only update, that will not be an option for me since I have around 50 hours on this map.
I am not 100% on all the changes "Oxygendavid" has made to the new version so best wait to see what he says.

Usually it's always best practice to start a new savegame after a major update.
Thanks bud!
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

kahfs wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:45 pm Miketeg. Yes I bought the field. Otherwise I would not have been able to place the first placeable. When I discovered the problem I have with placeables, I stopped hunting for gold, not knowing if this was a map I would play. I did come across some nuggets that I couldn't reach.
This has been fixed for the new version, and Rahkiin from Realismus Modding did say they may make a fix for this on Seasons as well in case this happens on any other maps.

And add that file to the map which will fix the placeable issue for you. Full instructions are there as well.
[/quote]

Thank you very much BullitBill. I'll try this.
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

kahfs wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:50 am ...

Thank you very much BullitBill. I'll try this.
[/quote]

Just to close this issue. Happy to report that the new texture file fixed my problems with placeables. Thank you again BullitBill for taking the time to help me out.
dchristmas

Post by dchristmas »

Its such a good map. But I also had issues with placeable's where I had to remove from outside the game in order for my game save to load up again otherwise it would not load. I myself would wait for an fs-19 version as it is a minor issue as the rest of the map is outstanding.
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

dchristmas wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:49 am Its such a good map. But I also had issues with placeable's where I had to remove from outside the game in order for my game save to load up again otherwise it would not load. I myself would wait for an fs-19 version as it is a minor issue as the rest of the map is outstanding.
Hi dchristmas. After replacing the seasons_texture.xml file I have no major issues with placeables or with reloading the savegame. If there are still some issues, they must be of minor consequence, and not of significant effect on my game.

The upper border for placeables is too close to the farm yard and to the area for placeables. So you can't put placeables up against the upper edge of the area for placeables.

Some roads are very very steep, in particular the driveway up to the placeable area. If you were to cart grain up there, you would need a tractor much bigger than for the rest of the farming jobs. I placed a potatoe washer and steamer up there. Don't know I can pull the potatoes up there. Time will tell.

I don't want to wait for it to be converted to FS19. I hope it will be, but it is a lot of fun until then. We all know that new mods and maps can have issues. Playing the game anyway and reporting back your experience, is just a way to give something back to the modders and mappers.
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

There is an update on its way (version 2.0) which the Frontier Design test team are testing right now.
The changes/fixes to the PC version have also been applied to the console version so you guys will get an even more stable version.
Once the testing is complete both versions will he submitted to GIANTS for testing and release.
rptr777

Post by rptr777 »

BulletBill wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:09 pm There is an update on its way (version 2.0) which the Frontier Design test team are testing right now.
The changes/fixes to the PC version have also been applied to the console version so you guys will get an even more stable version.
Once the testing is complete both versions will he submitted to GIANTS for testing and release.
Thanks so much bulletbill!