Weird harvesting bug

Rasping rabbit

Weird harvesting bug

Post by Rasping rabbit »

I was harvesting Soy Bean on Upper Lusatia earlier using the old Massey 620 and accidentally overlapped onto the next field which had canola in.

What was roughly 5000 of Soy Beans in the harvester then changed to 5000 canola. As soon as I moved back onto the right field it showed Soy Bean again. Never noticed this happen before except occasionally with balers
parad0x177

Re: Weird harvesting bug

Post by parad0x177 »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:18 am I was harvesting Soy Bean on Upper Lusatia earlier using the old Massey 620 and accidentally overlapped onto the next field which had canola in.

What was roughly 5000 of Soy Beans in the harvester then changed to 5000 canola. As soon as I moved back onto the right field it showed Soy Bean again. Never noticed this happen before except occasionally with balers
Balers, buckets, and forage wagons all do it pretty predictably, even to the point that one could exploit it if they wish. I’ve also seen tippers exhibit similar behavior, especially with snow when using Seasons.
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

parad0x177 wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:37 am
Rasping rabbit wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:18 am I was harvesting Soy Bean on Upper Lusatia earlier using the old Massey 620 and accidentally overlapped onto the next field which had canola in.

Balers, buckets, and forage wagons all do it pretty predictably, even to the point that one could exploit it if they wish. I’ve also seen tippers exhibit similar behavior, especially with snow when using Seasons.
With tippers? I've only observed with tippers that you can't put anything else in them if they have a little bit of a different commodity. Specifically with snow, you can't fill a tipper with grain if there is any snow at all in it. Have to dump the snow first. Very challenging while it is snowing and snow immediately starts collecting in the tipper again as soon as you dump out the first little heap... I've had times where I've had to wait until it stops snowing before I can haul grain.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

I have had it with balers and occasionally buckets when cleaning the Cow shed in winter, never known a harvester to cut 2 different types at the same time though