Farming simulator 19 - Crops and modding inquiry

Jayson

Farming simulator 19 - Crops and modding inquiry

Post by Jayson »

I want to be hyped to preorder but I'm still waiting to see what Crops and what modding freedoms there will be.. In the last Farming Simulator, at least for the ps4 version, It didn't have a crop adding section for modders to make new crops the game didn't have... Stuff I would like to see added is grapes, pumpkins, Apple trees, hemp, Orange trees, strawberries, cucumbers, peppers, onions, rice, coffee, tobacco, Cacao tree, tomatoes, lettuce, assorted berries, radishes, sugar cane, spinach and more.. :confusednew: :frown: I would at least hope modders would add just for synthetic looks or green houses with some static income like the bee hive did...
Last edited by Jayson on Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
BigC92

Re: Farm simulator 19 - Crops and modding inquiry

Post by BigC92 »

Umm, that's Giants department, modders probably could make new crop type, but i think there would be outside scripts involved, that's where Giants steps in, so Giants will have to make new crop types.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Already have sugarcane but we wont see any changes for modding on consoles for at least a few years
Derplodactyl

Post by Derplodactyl »

New crop types aren't allowed on console due to the extra 3rd party scripts it would require.
- James G | Derplodactyl (The Jaggler)
- Giants Ambassador 🇬🇧
- PC & Xbox One

PC Specs:
-AsRock B550M Extreme4 Steel Legend
-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
-EVGA RTX 3080Ti XC3 Ultra
-Corsair 32GB DDR4 @3600MHz
-1TB Samsung 970 Evo Pro M.2 + 256gb NVMe Storage
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

No Eric i think he means modders make a new crop type, like they were to make sugarcane and release it as a mod.
Jayson

Post by Jayson »

With the right built-in support function it could work. It wouldn't be perfect or easy by any means but anything can be done with programming.. with that aside though, modders could add just for synthetic looks or green houses with some static income like the bee hives did... Anyways, I hope they focus on adding new crops for DLC content instead of just machinery...
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

With FS17 adding a game-wide crop proved quite difficult, thinking back to some of the issues implementing sugarcane initially. Consider that you not only need to implement the crop into the map but also the different sell points and silos need to include it too.

Perhaps GIANTS could separate the crops from the maps eventually - this would be pretty cool actually, where you could choose which crops can be grown, so players could simulate region-specific crops - but I assume it would require a major rewrite of the game.
Jayson

Re: Farming simulator 19 - Crops and modding inquiry

Post by Jayson »

this_is_gav, I love your positivity and innovating encouragement. 😊👍
eric21

Re: Farming simulator 19 - Crops and modding inquiry

Post by eric21 »

But therea always a but