Saitek steering wheel help

farmertuck

Saitek steering wheel help

Post by farmertuck »

Hi,
So a couple of months ago my saitek wheel stopped working.
So i decided to buy a logitech g29 complete piece of **** after 3 ours of use calibration sensor quit so i returned it
Now my saitek wheel it will just randomly disconnect while driving!
I dont know what the problem is so i teared it apart,but i could not find anything wrong,all the cords are tight im not sure what is wrong,
I tried to paste pics but the pics of my GoPro camera are to large...
I play FS19 on PC!
Using a Logitech G29 and Saitek side panel.
Also a farmer IRL
parad0x177

Re: Saitek steering wheel help

Post by parad0x177 »

When you say “disconnect” do you mean that it disconnects from the computer completely or that you simply can’t steer. In other words, does Windows register it as having disconnected from the computer or not?

If so, do you happen to have it connected to a USB 2.0 or 3.0 port? Is it connected directly to the computer or is it connected by way of a hub? If it’s on a hub, is the hub powered?
NowHeresRoy

Post by NowHeresRoy »

I had the same issue with mine. The problem is in the small wire bundle that runs through the center of the wheel to the control board behind the horn button. The wires in the bundle cause the wheel to short out when turning and it disconnects itself when that happens. I have had to take mine apart twice to reposition the wiring, which was just an attempt at not having to rewire it. I did take one of the wire clamps off in an attempt to give the wire bundle some slack. I would bet yours is doing the same thing.
PC User
TEXAS USA
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.
farmertuck

Post by farmertuck »

Ok so replying to Parad0x177 first So it’s normally plugged into a USB 2.0 and my side panel is into the USB 3.0 And The computer still recognizes it’s plugged in but I can’t steer..Also if I plug it into the 3.0 it still doesn’t work...Sometimes the pedal will work but I can’t steer.

Ok replying to NowHeresRoy
Ok how many wire come up to there and what colour?
Are they the ones that run through a hole in the centre
Thanks.
I play FS19 on PC!
Also a farmer IRL
W1der

Post by W1der »

This is a well known issue with this wheel ...
Did you purchase a brand new one or a used wheel (Saitek warranty was for 2 years / not sure how Logitech is handling this as they bought Saitek a while back)?

I am really surprised that this has not been fixed ... they must have a huge amount of warranty claims on this wheel!
Personally I went through 5 or 6 of them (with the same issue) before my retailer ran out of stock and offered me a G920 as a replacement instead.
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
parad0x177

Post by parad0x177 »

W1der wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:18 pm This is a well known issue with this wheel ...
Did you purchase a brand new one or a used wheel (Saitek warranty was for 2 years / not sure how Logitech is handling this as they bought Saitek a while back)?

I am really surprised that this has not been fixed ... they must have a huge amount of warranty claims on this wheel!
Personally I went through 5 or 6 of them (with the same issue) before my retailer ran out of stock and offered me a G920 as a replacement instead.
I was mainly trying to eliminate other (easier) issues first, but I expect that W1der is correct in his diagnosis. I love the Saitek/Logitech setup, but the build quality (particularly where the wiring is concerned) could be much better. (Particularly after close to a thousand hours of use...)

I’ve had issues with sidepanel stick wiring, too, and have performed repairs on that. I’ve even thought about taking it all apart and reverse engineering some mods to improve wiring and tighten up the wheel tolerances. Unfortunately, life is keeping me busy with less amusement-oriented endeavors lately. :sadnew:
farmertuck

Post by farmertuck »

Well I bought it in 2016 maybe if I’m lucky I can get my refund,
Anyone have a link I can contact them??
Thanks.
I play FS19 on PC!
Also a farmer IRL
Josh2011

Post by Josh2011 »

Hi I was wondering if you ever got this resolved?