Cultivator speed

blackiecat

Cultivator speed

Post by blackiecat »

Can you make a cultivator go faster if its from the fs17 game shop I am using the Knoeckling Allrounder it says max speed 10 m.p.h. but that's downhill down to 3 m.p.h. up hill using the Valtra S Series tractor from the shop tried pulling it with a bigger tractor but the speed is the same thanks
eric21

Re: Cultivator speed

Post by eric21 »

You turned off cruise control?
cmdrbyron

Post by cmdrbyron »

The speed listed is a notional maximum. If you are trying to pull something up a steep hill, the speed will be less, unless you are pulling it with a tractor that has sufficient HP to satisfy not only the implement requirements, but also the gravitational force element.
blackiecat

Post by blackiecat »

Don't think this tractor has cruise control on it and I have tried a 500 hp tractor no faster had a look at the code and its not like a download mod which is easy to change don't know if I can get the same mod and alter the speed in the xml file I just want about 5 m.p.h. faster because if you go to fast it looks like cartoon
cmdrbyron

Post by cmdrbyron »

If the hill is steep enough, even a 500hp tractor could have difficulty pulling such a large implement at the maximum speed. What map are you playing on, and which field specifically?

For implements, you also need to consider the "hpRequired" value in the xml, as that effectively deducts from the total HP available to the tractor right off the top, as a means of representing the friction and/or PTO requirements of the implement. Less HP available = less acceleration available. So even if you adjust the "maxSpeed" constant in the implement's xml, it still depends on the ability of the tractor to actually achieve that speed.
malachi6

Post by malachi6 »

All tractors in the game have cruise control.
Farmer Foley

Post by Farmer Foley »

it has been mentioned before that the consensus of opinion (not sure if this is ingame or real life but kinda makes sense)is the implement for a tractor needs to be 80% or less of the tractors HP for the tractor not to "struggle" ie: 100HP so nothing higher than 80HP for the implement..so they say..
You keep a Troshin :hi:
blackiecat

Post by blackiecat »

Right lads here is the set up its not on cruise control working on field 1 Upton Farm UK map tractor Valtas S 257 kw/350 HP 31 mph pulling Knockerling Cultivator needs 257kw/350 HP 10 mph 14.5 wide looking at that how big must the tractor be HP size to get another few more miles per hour thanks
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I wouldn't have that cultivator on anything less than 450hp myself.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
crash

Post by crash »

my impression is that you can get away with just the right amount of hp on easier to pull implements, and the bigger and deper the implement gets/goes, the more headrooom you need.
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
blackiecat

Post by blackiecat »

I will try a 500 hp tractor see what that does
cmdrbyron

Post by cmdrbyron »

crash wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:44 pm [...]you can get away with just the right amount of hp on easier to pull implements[...]
This may be true for relatively flat ground, in some cases you can get away with underpowered tractors. Pulling up-hill is a different story.
blackiecat

Post by blackiecat »

Used the challenger out the shop 536 HP still 10 m p h bit faster up hill now doing 6/7 as apposed to 4/5 I hope fs 19 has and mod makers have speed adjusters installed so we can alter the speed and the map makers make it so we can remove a hedge and put a new gate in plus wider roads no be long now
W1der

Post by W1der »

Are you running the more realistic game engine thingy (mod) ?
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
gmfarmer420

Post by gmfarmer420 »

If you are running gearbox mod you need at least 20% over the required power to run a piece of equipment effectively and reach top working speed. Sometimes you can't at all with certain transmissions because the ratio isn't there.
FS22 season pass, FS19 Platinum and FS17 on PC FS15 on X360