PC/Graphics card suggestion

BigPapaMax68

PC/Graphics card suggestion

Post by BigPapaMax68 »

A buddy of mine is giving me a PC with i5 cpu and 8gigs of ram. Will this run FS 19? Also I need to purchase a graphics card for the pc so need advice on a descent card that wont cost 2 arms and a leg. :) Thanks for any input. I usually play on console and was wanting to give PC a try. Thanks again for your time.

BigPapa
FS 13, 15, 17 & 19
XBOX 1
parad0x177

Re: PC/Graphics card suggestion

Post by parad0x177 »

What generation i5 are we talking about? Chances are, it will be fine *with enough RAM and the right GPU), but earlier generations will struggle more. (Based on the stated minimum requirements, a 2nd gen i5 at or better would probably be best.)

GPU wise, I’d recommend looking for GTX1060 or better if your budget will allow it. A GTX1050 should run it reasonably well, if that is the limit of your budget, but the difference of stepping up even just to the 1060 will be well worth it over time, I think. Go with no less than 2GB of VRAM and the more, the better.

As for RAM, the current 8GB should work reasonably well, if you don’t have a lot of stuff running in the background. However, should the machine support it and should you have budget left over, RAM is relatively cheap and more will probably improve your experience, especially if you run lots of mods.