Stappenbach 17 map and grazing animals mod

hun3

Stappenbach 17 map and grazing animals mod

Post by hun3 »

Hello all. I was wondering if anyone could help me set up the grazing animal mod on this map. The new version of the map have this mod included but cant figure out what to do to make it work. I tried to copy the script over but no success. Like what does it mean the map is ready for this mod? Do I still need to edit the files or just copy over to the map folder?

Anyone knows how? Thanks
reallogger

Re: Stappenbach 17 map and grazing animals mod

Post by reallogger »

hun3 wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:19 pm Hello all. I was wondering if anyone could help me set up the grazing animal mod on this map. The new version of the map have this mod included but cant figure out what to do to make it work. I tried to copy the script over but no success. Like what does it mean the map is ready for this mod? Do I still need to edit the files or just copy over to the map folder?

Anyone knows how? Thanks
You probably need to download and use the grazing animal mod also:
https://www.fs-uk.com/fs-mods/view/3946 ... -for-fs-17

So just drag and drop into mod folder and activate the grazing animal mod together with the map in the mod selection screen.
hun3

Post by hun3 »

reallogger wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:43 pm
hun3 wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:19 pm Hello all. I was wondering if anyone could help me set up the grazing animal mod on this map. The new version of the map have this mod included but cant figure out what to do to make it work. I tried to copy the script over but no success. Like what does it mean the map is ready for this mod? Do I still need to edit the files or just copy over to the map folder?

Anyone knows how? Thanks
You probably need to download and use the grazing animal mod also:
https://www.fs-uk.com/fs-mods/view/3946 ... -for-fs-17

So just drag and drop into mod folder and activate the grazing animal mod together with the map in the mod selection screen.
Why did I not think of that? It worked, thank you. I was getting ready to edit all kinds of scripts :)
Greymantle1

Post by Greymantle1 »

It's too bad they added this mod I have had a lot of issues with it. Any way to disable this mod on the map?
hun3

Post by hun3 »

Greymantle1 wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:42 am It's too bad they added this mod I have had a lot of issues with it. Any way to disable this mod on the map?
Mine working great...love it actually. Whats your issues? You can disable the mod in the list so it wont load.
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

Hey hun3 are you playing single player or multi on Stappenbach? I have just downloaded it and started snooping around and it looks awesome but with the multiple farms and multiple sets of starting equipment it appears that it is more configured off the bat for "neighbourly" multiplayer than for single player. In single player did you just sell the extra equipment and only run one of the yards? There certainly appears to be many options for how you would like to start out.

My other question is how the leasing system works (where you walk up to some of the signs by the fields and you are presented the option of "harvesting the crop for a fee"). Do you pay that fee once per year, once per harvest, or something else? And does it consistently work? It would be a very cool optional mechanic if it works as a true "cash rent" system.
Greymantle1

Post by Greymantle1 »

hun3 wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:54 pm
Greymantle1 wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:42 am It's too bad they added this mod I have had a lot of issues with it. Any way to disable this mod on the map?
Mine working great...love it actually. Whats your issues? You can disable the mod in the list so it wont load.
I have found when a map is setup for it and you don't load the mod you get issues on startup.
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

Greymantle1 wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:47 pm
hun3 wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:54 pm
I have found when a map is setup for it and you don't load the mod you get issues on startup.
I'll push a new updated version that safeguards against this issue.