John Deere

andyc13

Re: John Deere

Post by andyc13 »

I'd happily pay for a dlc with lots of John Deere content.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

To my knowledge, there has never been a "tractor brand" seed drill, planter, or cultivation tool in the base game. (I'm probably forgetting some, I'm sure I'll be corrected). The only implements I can think of off the top of my head are the New Holland balers. So I highly doubt we'll see a JD corn planter or air drill in the base game.

FS19 seems to really be spotlighting AGCO's IDEAL combine. Maybe why we won't see a class 9 JD for sometime. I would suspect will see some great mods and perhaps even DLCs to expand on the JD license.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Rbk_3

Post by Rbk_3 »

NCFarmer3842 wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:38 pm With the new small and medium tractor categories I would be very surprised not to see at least a 3 or 4 series. As a guy who likes to use old stuff I am hoping more that modders have the ability to mod Deere as I need a 92 4055 more than a 2018 7r. That’s my preference though.
There is a decent 4755 mod for 17 so hopefully it gets updated for 19
PC: 9600k/1080ti
NCFarmer3842

Post by NCFarmer3842 »

Rbk_3 wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:26 pm
NCFarmer3842 wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:38 pm With the new small and medium tractor categories I would be very surprised not to see at least a 3 or 4 series. As a guy who likes to use old stuff I am hoping more that modders have the ability to mod Deere as I need a 92 4055 more than a 2018 7r. That’s my preference though.
There is a decent 4755 mod for 17 so hopefully it gets updated for 19
Unfortunately I’m on console so not for me at the moment but I’m keeping my fingers crossed for 19
Playing on Xbox X in North Carolina
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

I expect modders will have a field day now they can mod the big green monster that’s been begged for from the beginning the only things they probably won’t be able to mod is stuff giants intends to bring in a dlc
jamesadams933

Post by jamesadams933 »

fenixguy wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:20 pm To my knowledge, there has never been a "tractor brand" seed drill, planter, or cultivation tool in the base game. (I'm probably forgetting some, I'm sure I'll be corrected). The only implements I can think of off the top of my head are the New Holland balers. So I highly doubt we'll see a JD corn planter or air drill in the base game.

FS19 seems to really be spotlighting AGCO's IDEAL combine. Maybe why we won't see a class 9 JD for sometime. I would suspect will see some great mods and perhaps even DLCs to expand on the JD license.
The only other one I can think of is Ursus in fs15, but that was also just bale stuff.
NCFarmer3842

Post by NCFarmer3842 »

Gimli54 wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:06 pm
I expect modders will have a field day now they can mod the big green monster that’s been begged for from the beginning the only things they probably won’t be able to mod is stuff giants intends to bring in a dlc
I’m sure. I just hope that doesn’t affect the modding of other brands because at the end of the day I’m still a Massey guy.
Playing on Xbox X in North Carolina
Deereslayer

Post by Deereslayer »

If case and New Holland both have their largest combine in the base game John Deere will too. There is no way John Deere is not going to have equal equipment to the competitors in the game available. John Deere being in the game is more for the US, therefore the big equipment we use here will be available. 2 months yet before release and they won't list the good stuff until the end. Same thing happened for '17. Green will sell, not having it would be huge ommission and cost $$.
Guitarman

Post by Guitarman »

Gimli54 wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:06 pm
probably won’t be able to mod is stuff giants intends to bring in a dlc
But wasn't (/isn't there still) several mods of the Ropa harvesters that were in that dlc on modhub? And some other models too. I thought they came out before the dlc. And were never stopped.
Optimist: Glass is half full
Pessimist: Glass is half empty

Engineer: The glass is twice the size it needs to be!

PC Specs (upgraded at last!): Acer Orion 3000; i5-8400, 8Gb Ram, GTX 1050ti, Intel Optane 16gb
ReubyJuice

Post by ReubyJuice »

Deereslayer wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:25 pm If case and New Holland both have their largest combine in the base game John Deere will too. There is no way John Deere is not going to have equal equipment to the competitors in the game available. John Deere being in the game is more for the US, therefore the big equipment we use here will be available. 2 months yet before release and they won't list the good stuff until the end. Same thing happened for '17. Green will sell, not having it would be huge ommission and cost $$.
I wanted to believe this too, but Lis said it himself that only the T560 will be in the game. Unless he's really pulling our leg, but he seemed pretty serious about it (as serious as you can be in a text-only chat, I guess).

Who knows, always a possibility that they want to save the announcement for later, but it seems like it's for real. Wouldn't be surprised to see a JD DLC with any/all of: S-Series combines, forage harvester, seed drill/air cart, etc.
Tutorials and roleplay at youtube.com/reubyjuice and FS streams at twitch.tv/reubyjuice
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

I don't think we will get too much more JD in the base game. I think a lot of the stuff everyone wants will be in an upcoming DLC. If it was my company that's what I would do is just give a little taste of JD in the base game then sell a DLC with all the bigger and better stuff later. more money for giants and more money for John Deere..
Deereslayer

Post by Deereslayer »

The fact that it cost $20 more this year and now if they want people to buy DLCs to get what many thought would be in the base game will be a huge mistake. I will seriously consider not buying the game if I have to pay in excess of $65 for Content that should be free. The only reason I'm probably buying this game is because of John Deere but if it's going to be very limited quipment I probably will not purchase it. Everything else except for the map changes will be the same as previous years.
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

Deereslayer wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:23 pm The fact that it cost $20 more this year and now if they want people to buy DLCs to get what many thought would be in the base game will be a huge mistake. I will seriously consider not buying the game if I have to pay in excess of $65 for Content that should be free. The only reason I'm probably buying this game is because of John Deere but if it's going to be very limited quipment I probably will not purchase it. Everything else except for the map changes will be the same as previous years.
just asking how does it cost $20 more? it's the same price when fs17 came out....
and what did everyone think was going to be in the base game? we still don't know what we will still get.. haven't received all the info on the game so who knows... and only giants knows...

Deereslayer

Post by Deereslayer »

FS17 was 29.99
ReubyJuice

Post by ReubyJuice »

Deereslayer wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:23 pm The fact that it cost $20 more this year and now if they want people to buy DLCs to get what many thought would be in the base game will be a huge mistake. I will seriously consider not buying the game if I have to pay in excess of $65 for Content that should be free. The only reason I'm probably buying this game is because of John Deere but if it's going to be very limited quipment I probably will not purchase it. Everything else except for the map changes will be the same as previous years.
There's a lot more than just the map changes - if you don't think that the weed system, multiplayer, and mission system (just to name a few) have all changed for the better then you're missing something. We don't know all the JD equipment in the game yet, still a couple months to go before release for more to be shown and you can make a judgment call then.
Tutorials and roleplay at youtube.com/reubyjuice and FS streams at twitch.tv/reubyjuice