John Deere

Skunkworks

Re: John Deere

Post by Skunkworks »

Rbk_3 wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:45 pm
Skunkworks wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:14 pm I am really hoping for the JD series 8000/9000 series forage harvesters, S series combine and 9r, RT and rx series tractors... Pretty please.

BTW why do combine harvesters not have engine choice as tractors do in FS I wonder?
List already said the T Series combine is the only one. At least in the base game. It also doesn't show coming soon under harvesters for JD so I think we can rule out a forage harvester.
Hoping for a JD dlc pack
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

I'm hoping for more JD stuff also but I doubt a dlc for it. I have no reason for saying it other than I feel like they won't release one. My hopes are with the awesome modders and that console can have them also finally but we shall see...
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
Rbk_3

Post by Rbk_3 »

vondeylenfarms wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:37 am I'm hoping for more JD stuff also but I doubt a dlc for it. I have no reason for saying it other than I feel like they won't release one. My hopes are with the awesome modders and that console can have them also finally but we shall see...
I think there is no way they don't. I can't imagine that licence was cheap and they have to recoup costs. It doesn't make business sense not to.
PC: 9600k/1080ti
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

Rbk_3 wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:07 pm
vondeylenfarms wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:37 am I'm hoping for more JD stuff also but I doubt a dlc for it. I have no reason for saying it other than I feel like they won't release one. My hopes are with the awesome modders and that console can have them also finally but we shall see...
I think there is no way they don't. I can't imagine that licence was cheap and they have to recoup costs. It doesn't make business sense not to.
Honestly my thought was the same...but what about the next FS? Lol just fuel for thought...we all hoped for JD for years now we got it...and for the next series game they can add more JD stuff
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Theres still more JD stuff to come.
cmdrbyron

Post by cmdrbyron »

Personally? I suspect that Giants/JD are taking the long-view on the introduction of JD IP to the FS franchise. If they roll-out a complete line-up of the top-end equipment with the first installment, it doesn't leave much for future injections...

I am glad that JD has come to the FS franchise (not as a JD fanboy - just someone who enjoys diversity), and also appreciate that (so far) they are not turning FS19 into "John Deere Farm Sim, with some other stuff" (the other stuff being the in-game objects that pre-exist JD).

"Delayed gratification" remains a viable concept (though often forgotten about or worse, exploited) in the current demand for "instant gratification". The issue with getting absolutely everything you want up-front, is that it leaves nothing to look forward to :)
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

I think we’ll get a dlc for jd so that way if people wanna buy it they can but if they don’t they don’t have to then for 21 they’ll include much of what was is the dlc and base 19 and have it in 21 that ways its kinda like a bit a both of what y’all are saying
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

I've read most of this thread this far and can add a few things of note.

First, why Deere? Yes, it IS the most popular brand of farm equipment...by a wide margin. I don't care what brand of preference you have, that's just a fact. While Deere's and CNHi's overall revenues may be close, the real numbers tell a different story. Deere's ag revenue is $20B...$2B of that is lawn and garden. CNHi has about $11B in Ag revenue...with profit margins at about half or less than Deere. Why? Because CNHi uses a lot of outside sources for manufacturing. For instance, they don't have a foundry in the USA. Deere accounts for 60% of all combine and 100+ hp tractor sales in North America. Any other information being thrown around...like combines breaking down...is just hearsay by guys with an inferiority complex. A yearly poll of US dealers in regard to their satisfaction with their OEM's had Case IH and New Holland finishing dead last in dealer satisfaction.

As far as what is yet to come, who knows. I don't have a lot of faith in neither Deere nor Giants in meeting player requests.

That said I know a few things (for fact) that are not as well known to those who don't dive as deep. Deere has a new series of combines in the works. Some pictures of prototypes have surfaced over the years. The most recent of which was 2 months ago. These are very close to coming to market. I'm predicting June 2019...if not, August 2019.

I also know that a new 8R is on the way...most likely in August 2019. Several test models (over 30) are already on private farms. I've seen pics of the new machine and it appears to be in the final...or near final testing stage. I am not allowed to share pics but can say there will be new styling and hp numbers. There will also be a 4-tracked unit with fully adjustable tread.

There is also a fully adjustable tread 9RX on the way. I've also heard of some pending changes to the 6R & 6M but nothing on the 7R. I've heard some other rumors, but nothing I can verify.

What this all means for FS19, maybe nothing. But, like others have suggested, quite possibly an upcoming DLC.
garyst

Post by garyst »

^^I can see a 4 track 8r being a big seller. There are a couple JD 8r tractors on aftermarket tracks in my area even saw a 6r on 4 tracks the other day.

diar1410

Post by diar1410 »

DeereJason wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:20 am I've read most of this thread this far and can add a few things of note.

First, why Deere? Yes, it IS the most popular brand of farm equipment...by a wide margin. I don't care what brand of preference you have, that's just a fact. While Deere's and CNHi's overall revenues may be close, the real numbers tell a different story. Deere's ag revenue is $20B...$2B of that is lawn and garden. CNHi has about $11B in Ag revenue...with profit margins at about half or less than Deere. Why? Because CNHi uses a lot of outside sources for manufacturing. For instance, they don't have a foundry in the USA. Deere accounts for 60% of all combine and 100+ hp tractor sales in North America. Any other information being thrown around...like combines breaking down...is just hearsay by guys with an inferiority complex. A yearly poll of US dealers in regard to their satisfaction with their OEM's had Case IH and New Holland finishing dead last in dealer satisfaction.

As far as what is yet to come, who knows. I don't have a lot of faith in neither Deere nor Giants in meeting player requests.

That said I know a few things (for fact) that are not as well known to those who don't dive as deep. Deere has a new series of combines in the works. Some pictures of prototypes have surfaced over the years. The most recent of which was 2 months ago. These are very close to coming to market. I'm predicting June 2019...if not, August 2019.

I also know that a new 8R is on the way...most likely in August 2019. Several test models (over 30) are already on private farms. I've seen pics of the new machine and it appears to be in the final...or near final testing stage. I am not allowed to share pics but can say there will be new styling and hp numbers. There will also be a 4-tracked unit with fully adjustable tread.

There is also a fully adjustable tread 9RX on the way. I've also heard of some pending changes to the 6R & 6M but nothing on the 7R. I've heard some other rumors, but nothing I can verify.

What this all means for FS19, maybe nothing. But, like others have suggested, quite possibly an upcoming DLC.
John deere may be the brand that has more income or the best sold but is not the best in tractors, in the company that work for example different brands of tractor are used with John Deere as Deutz, SAME and Massey Ferguson and all give better performance.
I speak Spanish, sorry for my English... PS5
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

That can be a matter of debate, and to me I would always rather giants have more brands than less so people have more options as to how they want to operate their farm and what brand they might sometimes try to be loyal to in a save game
Cmtaylor

Post by Cmtaylor »

Let's look at things like this. we have about 22 days till it comes out ok now what all can they add to it?

There is a lot and this might be only to tip of the iceberg.
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

diar1410 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:06 pm John deere may be the brand that has more income or the best sold but is not the best in tractors, in the company that work for example different brands of tractor are used with John Deere as Deutz, SAME and Massey Ferguson and all give better performance.
That is clearly a matter of opinion, nothing else. Same & Deutz don't even match Deere's lawn mower sales. Let alone tractor sales. It's a absolutely laughable to suggest they even compete on Deerr's level. Massey isn't even close. As far as worldwide sales by brand, New Holland is the only one even close, and that's not saying much. As far as tech...Deere competes more with Fendt and Claas than anyone. However, in North America (as a whole), Claas and Fendt aren't as well known...even among veteran farmers. Claas does alright in combine sales but they are more known for their forage harvesters. At a farm show this summer, 80% of the people walking past the Fendt booth either didn't know the brand or knew very little. Deutz is best known for their failure in North America after a acquiring Allis Chalmers.

No company sells a lot if anything without being at the, or near the top of their field. This is especially true when their prices exceed those of the competition.

Edit don_apple: fixed quoting.
JCByellowguy

Post by JCByellowguy »

The one question I ask the Loyal Deere owners is have you ever tried any other brand? 8 out of 10 Deere owners I ask that question answer with a NO. Most guys around me just run what their family has been running for generations. As long as said brand doesnt fail them in a big way they keep buying the same brand while being blind to the other brands available. I myself have personally tried every brand in order to make an educated decision on machine purchases. I have a late 80s model Deere in my fleet and love that machine. All my newer equipment is Case IH. I have not found a newer Deere to be anywhere as comfortable as a Case IH machine. Deere demands a premium in price and they are no better nor worse than CNH machines or AGCO machines. I personally chose not to spend the extra thousands in markup just for green and yellow paint. Deere gets the job done and is a nice brand but there are more comfortable and better designed machines available to the educated consumer.
Xbox One Farmer
Yellow Farmer with some Red mixed in
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I thought this was a video game forum. Has Giants included dealer support, warranties, and a dynamic used market?

In other words, it's a game! Every machine does the same thing no matter what color it is.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!