John Deere

Gimli54

Re: John Deere

Post by Gimli54 »

Both your point fenix and that of someone earlier in the thread have a grain of truth in game yes they all do their jobs the same in game but for those who grew up on or around farms have loyalties to the brands they know and that work for me that would be Case IH I’m very loyal to their equipment and it’s great stuff now I will use other things in game for fun and to switch things up sometimes but if I had to have one brand give me case any day that’s just me though
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

fenixguy wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:26 pm I thought this was a video game forum. Has Giants included dealer support, warranties, and a dynamic used market?

In other words, it's a game! Every machine does the same thing no matter what color it is.
Then why have any brands in the game?
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

JCByellowguy wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:22 pm The one question I ask the Loyal Deere owners is have you ever tried any other brand? 8 out of 10 Deere owners I ask that question answer with a NO. Most guys around me just run what their family has been running for generations. As long as said brand doesnt fail them in a big way they keep buying the same brand while being blind to the other brands available. I myself have personally tried every brand in order to make an educated decision on machine purchases. I have a late 80s model Deere in my fleet and love that machine. All my newer equipment is Case IH. I have not found a newer Deere to be anywhere as comfortable as a Case IH machine. Deere demands a premium in price and they are no better nor worse than CNH machines or AGCO machines. I personally chose not to spend the extra thousands in markup just for green and yellow paint. Deere gets the job done and is a nice brand but there are more comfortable and better designed machines available to the educated consumer.
Yes, actually I have. As far as better or worse, better designs... that depends on personal preferences and needs. Anyone who owns one brand will convince themselves that they made the better choice, green, red or yellow.

If 8/10 have never tried another brand...that's reason enough. Why should they...they are clearly satisfied with what they have. As I mentioned before, CNHi received the lowest scores in a review by their respective dealers. One of those categories was satisfaction in the product being supplied to the dealers. In that category, among others they finished last. If their dealers lack confidence in the product they are selling, I'm certainly not going to give them a look. This doesn't even include the horrible resale values.

A friend of mine has worked at a Ford-New Holland/AGCO (& historical brands) dealership for over 40 years. They sell a lot of New Holland tractors because of CNHi programs. Tractors coming back to the dealership off the program are piling up. They can't sell them...no one wants them. They also sell Massey...or try to. AGCO doesn't offer as many deals so, they just sit. Our neighbor has a new New Holland T7 in his yard...been there about 18 months. It's been back to the dealership no less than 3 times for repairs since they first got it. Their New Holland SP forage harvester basically fell apart during harvest this fall. They were chopping snaplage and the new Holland header they were using blew half the row units. On the way to the dealership for repairs, the drive shaft fell apart. Certainly not the convincing sales pitch.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

DeereJason wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:10 am Then why have any brands in the game?
Eye candy.

I like having real world brands, but the conversation has devolved (as it always does) into machine reliability and worldwide revenue, peppered with John Deere on fire jokes. I don't think any of that is a factor in a video game. Just use whichever color you like. I generally stick with a particular brand for each map so it doesn't get boring.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

fenixguy wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:26 pm
DeereJason wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:10 am Then why have any brands in the game?
Eye candy.

I like having real world brands, but the conversation has devolved (as it always does) into machine reliability and worldwide revenue, peppered with John Deere on fire jokes. I don't think any of that is a factor in a video game. Just use whichever color you like. I generally stick with a particular brand for each map so it doesn't get boring.
This. Nail on the head. It’s a video game and while everyone likes certain brands and wants more and more in FS, in the end, a 250hp JD and a 250hp Case will perform exactly the same.
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
niggle44

Post by niggle44 »

OMG not another JD post
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

^^This has been here a long time
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC